• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rikimarox2

He/Him
Yep.

Second key Ruby is used.

Speed is equalized, for obvious reasons.

Yoon-seok can only use 2x AP buff, nothing above that. Speed amp is a fair game, though.

Ruby is >?6.935 Tons.

Yoon seok is >>>10 tons, can amp up his AP to 20 tons, and his durability to 15 tons.

Ruby Rose: 0

Choi Yoon-seok: 0

Incon: 0

Before anyone comments, lemme clear some stuff:
1. His powernull only works against Magic, so its useless here.
2. His law manip is limited, like he can only do shiz like: No one can use flight, or, if Ruby tells him her semblance name, he can make it so she can't use it anymore.
3. Fear manip is not combat-applicable.
4. Regen can be bypassed if he gets significant damage like losing half of his body, or if he is cut in half.
5. His 6x speed amp is only for attack speed.
6. He doesn't use force field that much, though it isn't that out of character.

Anyways, Ruby can potentially win if she manages to cut Yoon-seok in half like, two times~ Otherwise he just regenerates everything. Though if she can cut off his arms and freeze them someway, I don't think he'd be able to regenerate them.

How good is her pain tolerance? Will she manage to fight through any injury being 20 times more painful?

Does Ruby ever get in normal melee range against her opponents? Even if once?

Anyways, Ruby can potentially win if she manages to cut Yoon-seok in half like, two times~ Otherwise he just regenerates everything. Though if she can cut off his arms and freeze them someway, I don't think he'd be able to regenerate them.
She is entirely capable of doing that yeah, the thing with rwby characters is that they expect their opponents to have Aura protecting them, meaning they can go all out and use otherwise lethal blows the entire time because their opponents can withstand them. Against an opponent without aura though, ruby's attacks just straight up cut opponents in half, hell even her bullets are strong enough to do that, it's entirely likely that she would bisect him on accident thinking he has aura and would be able to take it.
How good is her pain tolerance? Will she manage to fight through any injury being 20 times more painful?
Ruby in this key in particular took a beating from Tyrian, who is 8-A, and was able to keep fighting, so she should be capable of that.
Does Ruby ever get in normal melee range against her opponents? Even if once?
She does yeah, CQC with her scythe is a big part of her fighting style, but she is also able to switch tactics on a dime if need be, in large part due to her semblance's speed amp, she is able to rapidly switch between cqc and close range gunfire (her main style), to long range sniping, stealth, hit and run tactics, etc. She also uses her semblance fairly frequently in cqc in this key as a means of blitzing around the opponent.

She is entirely capable of doing that yeah, the thing with rwby characters is that they expect their opponents to have Aura protecting them, meaning they can go all out and use otherwise lethal blows the entire time because their opponents can withstand them. Against an opponent without aura though, ruby's attacks just straight up cut opponents in half, hell even her bullets are strong enough to do that, it's entirely likely that she would bisect him on accident thinking he has aura and would be able to take it.
Thing is, Yoon-seok kind of has that aswell. A red energy coats his body that protects him. Not to mention, he has a thought-based force field that can tank an attack that would've VAPORIZED him.
Ruby in this key in particular took a beating from Tyrian, who is 8-A, and was able to keep fighting, so she should be capable of that.
That seems kinda wrong? Shouldn't she be 8-A then? And even then, that doesn't really sound that impressive, since I doubt she lost an arm or something. If she gets an arm cut off or something, the pain will be 20 times more intense, to the point it was stated most people will go insane from the sheer pain.
She does yeah, CQC with her scythe is a big part of her fighting style, but she is also able to switch tactics on a dime if need be, in large part due to her semblance's speed amp, she is able to rapidly switch between cqc and close range gunfire (her main style), to long range sniping, stealth, hit and run tactics, etc. She also uses her semblance fairly frequently in cqc in this key as a means of blitzing around the opponent.
Then that's a big problem for her. The moment she gets 50 meters into his range, Yoon-seok usually uses his teleportation and then smacks the opponent with his 6 times attack speed, teleporting them to an arena similar to Roman Colosseum, and before you ask, no, she can't leave the arena. It has invulnerable walls around it.

After that, depending on the situation, he can just use his Trump card, an ability that would've vaporized the living shit out of Yoon-seok. The attack has a 20 meter radius, but he can increase it by using his Law manip.

So the question is, can Ruby kill him before all of this happens?

Thing is, Yoon-seok kind of has that aswell. A red energy coats his body that protects him. Not to mention, he has a thought-based force field that can tank an attack that would've VAPORIZED him.

That seems kinda wrong? Shouldn't she be 8-A then? And even then, that doesn't really sound that impressive, since I doubt she lost an arm or something. If she gets an arm cut off or something, the pain will be 20 times more intense, to the point it was stated most people will go insane from the sheer pain.
I'm aware it sounds weird but that's kinda just how Aura is in RWBY, it let's them tank attacks waaaaay above their paygrade, to the point that High 8-Cs and 8-As can take a few hits from Low 7-Bs, it's a funky mechanic that the writers made to prevent characters from dying that the end result is that.

As for the second part, that wouldnt really work until Ruby's Aura goes down completely, Aura makes it so any damage recieved is just turned into blunt force, cutting g and piercing attacks dont work and heat gets blocked to the point that they can walk around in a blizzard in the north pole in their normal clothing without getting cold and can swim in active lava without getting burned.
Then that's a big problem for her. The moment she gets 50 meters into his range, Yoon-seok usually uses his teleportation and then smacks the opponent with his 6 times attack speed, teleporting them to an arena similar to Roman Colosseum, and before you ask, no, she can't leave the arena. It has invulnerable walls around it.

After that, depending on the situation, he can just use his Trump card, an ability that would've vaporized the living shit out of Yoon-seok. The attack has a 20 meter radius, but he can increase it by using his Law manip.

So the question is, can Ruby kill him before all of this happens?
Hmm, teleportation isnt new to Ruby and her semblance might be able to help with that (it let's her move fast enough to speedblitz people who can speedblitz her, making her fast enough to be invisible to them as well as turning her intangible).

As for the trump card, ruby's aura would definitely help protect against that.

If we're using SBA, Ruby would be entirely capable of sniping him from a distance so theres that

I'm aware it sounds weird but that's kinda just how Aura is in RWBY, it let's them tank attacks waaaaay above their paygrade, to the point that High 8-Cs and 8-As can take a few hits from Low 7-Bs, it's a funky mechanic that the writers made to prevent characters from dying that the end result is that.
That should definitely be pointed out on the profile. It just states its higher with Aura. You sure we accept this? IIRC Oven had a problem with this.
As for the second part, that wouldnt really work until Ruby's Aura goes down completely, Aura makes it so any damage recieved is just turned into blunt force, cutting g and piercing attacks dont work and heat gets blocked to the point that they can walk around in a blizzard in the north pole in their normal clothing without getting cold and can swim in active lava without getting burned.
Noted.
Hmm, teleportation isnt new to Ruby and her semblance might be able to help with that (it let's her move fast enough to speedblitz people who can speedblitz her, making her fast enough to be invisible to them as well as turning her intangible).
Definitely need a scan for this, and don't see why she won't just block it, since its just a slap. Not to mention, he would be a few centimeters away from her at best since he will be mid-motion when he teleports.

If we're using SBA, Ruby would be entirely capable of sniping him from a distance so theres that
SBA takes the range of the highest range, so they would be hundreds of meters apart. She does indeed have a range advantage.

Doubt she will be abuse it that much, though. Dude already scales way, way above 10 tons, and can amp to be way beyond 15 tons. Not to mention,

Flight, and Force fields. And he honestly seems more skilled than Ruby, from what I'm seeing. She will eventually be exhausted if she continues to range spam him, as his stamina is absolutely way beyond hers.

That should definitely be pointed out on the profile. It just states its higher with Aura. You sure we accept this? IIRC Oven had a problem with this.
It is actually, even on Ruby's profile its noted that she took hits from Tyrian (why it says he was casual I have no idea though), and it is in fact accepted, theres even an entire list of instances of this happening on our Powers and Abiliities page for Aura (RWBY)

Definitely need a scan for this, and don't see why she won't just block it, since its just a slap. Not to mention, he would be a few centimeters away from her at best since he will be mid-motion when he teleports.
A scan for which? And RWBY characters in general are more akin to dodging attacks rather than blocking them when possible, taking hits is much more detrimental than avoiding them as every hit they take will gradually drain their aura, unless its someone like Yang who actively gets stronger by taking hits.
SBA takes the range of the highest range, so they would be hundreds of meters apart. She does indeed have a range advantage. Doubt she will be abuse it that much, though. Dude already scales way, way above 10 tons, and can amp to be way beyond 15 tons. Not to mention, Flight, and Force fields.
I mean, Ruby scales well above the 7 ton feat (said attack was done by a casual attack from weiss, specifically a single fireball out of cluster of them, with the cluster itself being a casual attack), though if he scales well above 10 tons why wouldnt he just be straight up 8-B? If the chain supports it he would be justified for that. Aside from that though, Ruby's bullets can already rip opponents comparable to herself in power in half (piercing damage ftw) and her elemental bullets are stronger than her normal ones on top of having elemental AoEs (fire dust explodes and sets opponents on fire, ice dust encases everything in a multi-meter radius in ice that 8-As struggle to break out of without a heat source, lightning dust explodes into homing chain lightning that causes paralysis, and gravity dust is significantly stronger and can kill opponents as strong as Ruby just from the shockwave of the bullet passing them). Flight and forcefields are both things Ruby has herself as well as has experience fighting against.
And he honestly seems more skilled than Ruby, from what I'm seeing. She will eventually be exhausted if she continues to range spam him, as his stamina is absolutely way beyond hers.
Oh boy, I can grab the scaling chain if youd like, because ruby is stupidly skilled. Why would standing in one spot and pulling the trigger of her rifle exhaust her...? And what is his stamina like?

It is actually, even on Ruby's profile its noted that she took hits from Tyrian (why it says he was casual I have no idea though), and it is in fact accepted, theres even an entire list of instances of this happening on our Powers and Abiliities page for Aura (RWBY)
But why isn't it specified as 8-A? Like, shouldn't she be High 8-C normally, 8-A to Low 7-B with Aura? Though, if the 8-A part is accepted, then I'm gonna remove the restriction on his buffs. Dude can now buff his strength up to 7 times, so he'll be >>>7 times stronger. Also, the profile doesn't suggest it was written in a way that they can actually tank 8-A attacks, as even the profile states that it can tanks from those comparable to them, and the dude tanking feats is either A:
An outlier

or B, just a casual punch. As the profile suggests. And besides, it just says Higher, not 8-A, so I don't see a reason why we should assume its valid until a CRT is made.

As for why I didn't just make him 8-B... I don't know, tbh. I kinda forgot that exists, but this feat happened in the end of Floor 5, and Yoon-seok found it utterly useless and just threw it away.
A scan for which? And RWBY characters in general are more akin to dodging attacks rather than blocking them when possible, taking hits is much more detrimental than avoiding them as every hit they take will gradually drain their aura, unless its someone like Yang who actively gets stronger by taking hits.
I mean, it's a slap, and I doubt she will be able to dodge it, tbh. Also, a scan of her blitzing people that blitz her. And he manages to catch people who are comparable to him with this attack, too.
I mean, Ruby scales well above the 7 ton feat (said attack was done by a casual attack from weiss, specifically a single fireball out of cluster of them, with the cluster itself being a casual attack), though if he scales well above 10 tons why wouldnt he just be straight up 8-B? If the chain supports it he would be justified for that. Aside from that though, Ruby's bullets can already rip opponents comparable to herself in power in half (piercing damage ftw) and her elemental bullets are stronger than her normal ones on top of having elemental AoEs (fire dust explodes and sets opponents on fire, ice dust encases everything in a multi-meter radius in ice that 8-As struggle to break out of without a heat source, lightning dust explodes into homing chain lightning that causes paralysis, and gravity dust is significantly stronger and can kill opponents as strong as Ruby just from the shockwave of the bullet passing them). Flight and forcefields are both things Ruby has herself as well as has experience fighting against.
She only has psuedo-flight, rather than straight up full-fledge flight like Yoon-seok. Aside from that, the literal energy that coats Yoon-seok is similar to that, as his own attacks cannot pierce it, as shown in the justification of the ability.

Also, I don't see why he can't just... dodge with counterattack, or flight. And if it becomes way too dangerous, he already has an ability that lets him absorbs all the attacks and send it back to her, and if that fails too for some reason, he also has another safe-move that if he is in a near-death situation, he becomes invulnerable to that attack. He already resists Electricity manip, and his danger sense and instinctive reaction should be more than enough to dodge all of that. Also, doesn't she run out of bullets?
Oh boy, I can grab the scaling chain if youd like, because ruby is stupidly skilled. Why would standing in one spot and pulling the trigger of her rifle exhaust her...? And what is his stamina like?
I've seen it already, and a lot of it doesn't seem that impressive (And the Aura part iirc is just outright bs). As for the stamina part, I'm talking more in-general, like eventually sleep and hunger are gonna get to her. And the more the fight goes on, the more skilled, faster, and stronger Yoon-seok gets. Yoon-seok also has Analytical prediction, and resistance to it, and the literal first time he got a sword he managed to defeat, and copy a dude's martial arts which are composed of multiple martial arts. He can fight completely on instinct as well.

All of this is in his 9-B key, his High 8-C key is way more stronger and skilled.

As for his stamina... well, dude can train for 8 days straight without feeling an ounce of hunger, thirst, or sleep. And fought repeatedly for many hours against a dude that can violently destroy his head with a single punch, and he can't even do a single cut to him, and that was in his way, way weaker self, and had a specific weakness. He has now gone on for like, half a year without being tired, with the only instances of him being tired is against dudes who are much more superior to him in everything and him having to use everything in his arsenal, and EVEN THEN, his stamina gets constantly replenished, and never hindered his fights by much.

Last edited:
Regardless, worst case-scenario, once he realizes he ain't doing jack the durability (Though considering its like Hp, a few tens of hits could probably do the trick), he can just go ahead and say:

"By Lady's commandment, all forcefield abilities loses their effects"

He used it against telekinesis, literal restraints, and other jack, and is quite versatile, albeit its only for an ability. So, I don't see why he can't do that, if worst comes to worst.

But why isn't it specified as 8-A? Like, shouldn't she be High 8-C normally, 8-A to Low 7-B with Aura? Though, if the 8-A part is accepted, then I'm gonna remove the restriction on his buffs. Dude can now buff his strength up to 7 times, so he'll be >>>7 times stronger. Also, the profile doesn't suggest it was written in a way that they can actually tank 8-A attacks, as even the profile states that it can tanks from those comparable to them, and the dude tanking feats is either A:
An outlier

or B, just a casual punch. As the profile suggests. And besides, it just says Higher, not 8-A, so I don't see a reason why we should assume its valid until a CRT is made.
It isnt specified because the pages are currently extremely outdated, to the point of missing info from at least 5 different supplementary medias that should be included. The Aura ability page even explains that it lets them take hits above their paygrade. To put it simply, Aura is a forcefield with a health bar, it doesnt have a set durability per say, it just has a set cap of damage it can take before breaking, with said cap being far above their own physical durability due to Aura's damage negating properties.

Here is the fight in question btw

I mean, it's a slap, and I doubt she will be able to dodge it, tbh. Also, a scan of her blitzing people that blitz her. And he manages to catch people who are comparable to him with this attack, too.
Her semblance reactions are instinctive
She only has psuedo-flight, rather than straight up full-fledge flight like Yoon-seok. Aside from that, the literal energy that coats Yoon-seok is similar to that, as his own attacks cannot pierce it, as shown in the justification of the ability.
Her pseudo-flight is with her rifle, her semblance allows for true flight
I've seen it already, and a lot of it doesn't seem that impressive (And the Aura part iirc is just outright bs).
As compared to what? Also i really dont understand why people think the aura skill part is BS. Not only is it explicitly stated both in the show itself as well as the supplementary guidebook to be skill-based, but in every other verse that has a similar energy system its treated as a completely legitimate skill feat to do the same thing (HxH, One Piece, Naruto, Dragon Ball, etc.)
and the literal first time he got a sword he managed to defeat, and copy a dude's martial arts which are composed of multiple martial arts.
This key of Ruby scales in skill above characters who can do the same thing
As for his stamina... well, dude can train for 8 days straight without feeling an ounce of hunger, thirst, or sleep. And fought repeatedly for many hours against a dude that can violently destroy his head with a single punch, and he can't even do a single cut to him, and that was in his way, way weaker self, and had a specific weakness. He has now gone on for like, half a year without being tired, with the only instances of him being tired is against dudes who are much more superior to him in everything and him having to use everything in his arsenal, and EVEN THEN, his stamina gets constantly replenished, and never hindered his fights by much.
Fair enough

Okay so hold on. So this is basically Ruby vs a person whose scaling chain puts them well into 8-B without amps while also having amps of over 7x, whose stamina is 8x better than Ruby's, who is significantly more skilled, who has all of Ruby's offensive, defensive, and utility abilities but much better, who can take all of her attacks and send them back at her, who has instinctive reactions and analytical prediction.

How is this match fair...?

Okay so hold on. So this is basically Ruby vs a person whose scaling chain puts them well into 8-B without amps while also having amps of over 7x
The amps are only for AP, not durability. He can only amp his durability to 15 tons. The aura that coats his body only managed to tank his normal attacks, but forcefield shit he has is significantly better, I can't lie.
whose stamina is 8x better than Ruby's
Can't argue against this.
, who is significantly more skilled
D-Didn't you just say Ruby scales above him in terms of skill? Granted his other feats are more impressive.
Who has all of Ruby's offensive, defensive, and utility abilities but much better
Not really? The speed amp is only for his attack speed, his reactions and shiz are the same, and his range only extends to tens of meters (Should honestly change)
Who can take all of her attacks and send them back at her, who has instinctive reactions and analytical prediction.
That's only for like, a second or two, and he can't use it again until like an entire iirc. And his Instinctive reactions aren't end all be all, he can still be hit (Granted even his opponents showed some instinctive reactions), and his analytical prediction isn't really that OP against that much skilled people. He's simply reading their moves by checking everything about them, and seeing the trajectory of their movements.
How is this match fair...?
Considering how her Aura is now apparently 8-A, I'd say it would take quite a shit ton of time before he breaks it, or uses his law, and if he uses his law while she is still hundreds of meters away, his stamina will be consumed RAPIDLY. To the point like, he'd get exhausted if he keeps it up for like 15 minutes or so. In which he won't be able to regenerate anymore.

However, if it makes it more fair, I can change it to Pyrrha, or any other RWBY character that helps.

Never-*******-mind, after rereading the fights and shiz, Ruby cannot kill him even if she cuts him in half multiple times. Dude can regenerate from being a lump of meat and having his arms and legs be heavily scattered and damaged.

The only reason I thought that would be the case because one dude had the same ability, but died when he was cut in half, but that dude was way weaker and had way less energy than Yoon-seok, so...

Oof, and to think i spent the last half hour writing out a response :/
Sorry m8

Not sure how I missed literally every other instance of his regeneration, and how him being cut in half just didn't make any sense. Tbf I was pretty darn tired these last few days.

This is actually probably fair with my version of ruby via her having ki manipulation from dragon ball

Tho thats a probably, also it would need to be in fcoc vs section

This is actually probably fair with my version of ruby via her having ki manipulation from dragon ball

Tho thats a probably, also it would need to be in fcoc vs section
No.

And if she knows Ki shit, then Yoon-seok likely just learns whatever she has with his energy, since he's done with multiple other dudes despite their different energy.

But even then, no.

Back