• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roy Vs Carl (Heroes Unite! Vs Tales of Nephilim)

This gonna be tough.

Question, can Roy absorb energy based attacks and use it increase his strength?

Okey, then he could`t absorb Carls energy, because they are angelic energy. I was thinking Carl would try use attack from air, but on other hand Roy can shoot ``bird down`` with his fireballs and put Carl back fighting head on.

Roy can cover medium-long and short ranged distances which can be a problem for Carl, Roy is a strategist afterall, so of course he would attack from afar first.

Yes, i figure same thing too. If Carl get melee range, he could use his wings as weapons or block Roy melee attacks and same time use his own fist or wise versa use his hands to hold Roy and then use his wings like swords.

Of course, holding option would be risk to Carl, if Roy uses example his flame burst.

By the way, where are our heroes facing of? Fied, city, medieval town or?

I'd say a city would be more appropiate.and Flame Burst is a risk to Roy considering it actually lowers his durability a ton in trade having ridicoulous amounts of strength. Though once his Affinity is activated his power slowly rises at a very slow pace via Rage Power

I give both rounds to Carl, despite Roy being fatster,I don't seem him winning against Carl due to his superior powers and abilties.

Roy's:

Intelligence: High. Better than Roy

Experience: 15 years old, but I'm not sure when he started fighting. I'll tentatively say he has less experience than Carl

Range: A lot less than Roy's Superhuman Physical Characteristics - on par. Roy has faster combat and reaction speeds though, but slower movement speed.

Fire Manipulation, Attack Nullification with his sword (Fire based attacks only), Can increase the power of his fire with Affinity - cool, extra damage. Carl doesn't use fire, so the nulling bit is irrelevant. Flame burst is also probably more likely to screw him over than let him kill Carl though.

Can absorb blunt hits and use it with his affinity to increase his strength - Carl's standard equipment isn't listed, so I'll assume he uses his fists in melee, in which case Roy can absorb the blunt hits.

Skilled at using a sword - Nice. Martial arts probably even that out a bit, but IRL a skilled sword user is going to beat a skilled martial art user.

Rage Power - so he can boost his power a bit. Even's out Carl's berserk mode.

Carl's:

Intelligence: High. Better than Roy

Experience: 25 years old, but I'm not sure when he started fighting.

Range: A lot higher than Roy's.

Superhuman Physical Characteristics - on par. Faster movement speed, but slightly slower reactions and combat speed.

Enhanced Senses - mildly helpful

Martial Arts - combined with his age he is likely the superior fighter

Photokinesis (Type 1) - all of type one? Gives him some advantages with blinding. Burning could probably be absorbed unless it is specifically fire Roy absorbs

Angelic Energy Manipulation - Does it do anything in particular? Or is it just the type of magic energy he uses?

Tactile Telekinesis - requires contact. Don't know the extent (can he rip someone into small pieces the instant he touches them?)

Longevity - maybe he'll outlive Roy

Regenerationn (High-Low) - regrowing limbs is always nice.

Shapeshifting (Complete change of appearance) - if they are in NYC as SBA says, it could let him hide in the crowd.

Wing Manifestation and manipulation - I mean... yay? I don't know if the ability to sprout wings and hit people with them really qualifies as a power... But sure, it gives him more ways to attack.

Magic (Type 2) - Doesn't really tell me what he can do with it, unless he can do everything the page lists.

Berserk Mode - doesn't make him strong enough to reach the next tier, but it gives him a strength buff, while also likely removing his high intelligence

Energy Armor Generation - yay, armour. Don't know what it does, so I'll just assume its a slight buff to dura

Omnilingualism - Ahh, here is the real hax. This is clearly the ability that will give him the win. Probably a one-shot. Makes it a stomp honestly. Ought to be restricted.

All up, it seems to me Carl holds a strong advantage, so I'll vote for him.

I was thinking tell specific examples and feats each my characters in my story blogs, but i haven`t get yet to point start Carl story. I want firstly tell what happened before main heroes take lead in their own stories, even normally story goes first like star wars episodes 4-6 and then 1-3 telling how Anakin become Darth Vader.

About Carl. I give him in profile more details about his powers and i can tell more here now, so...

Eperience: Carl has about 5 years combat experience. He will be about 18 years old in start my strories and have about few years ``noob time```to learn to defend himself.

Photokinesis: Carl can make illusions and if he focus he could generate heat, but it takes time and i think when Carl try that Roy can evade that.

Wing Manifestation and manipulation: Think how in high school dxd angels use their wings as cover their body or extend their wings to attack. That`s how i was think how my verse nephilims and angels use their wings at close combat.

Magic: Ligth magic, but Carl needs say spell or know ritual to use that magic.

Angelic energy: Yes it is like type magic energy he uses to shoot beams or balls energy or track others which has same type energy. I haven`t think yet anything special, maybe sometime, when i write down my story blogs i may pop out something special effect for it.

Energy armour: Yes, buff to dura, similar working like superman has.

Tactile telekinesis: Maybe not instant rip other, but in few seconds, minutes depending enemy durability, in my point thinking.

Roy isn't very expierenced tbh, he really just started fighting when he got in high school (AKA the academy and stuff) and that was only a year.

Meh, I've seen plenty of OPs debating over their own characters here. Considering not all matches get much community input, its the only way they can be added.

I see. I'll take that into consideration later on when i make future threads . Just a random question... But ... Do you guys believe debating with Jeanette's Lower-Dimensional Self is wise ? I mean, she is " technically " still under the Unknown tier...

I wouldn't debate with a unknown tier character, but that's my choice really if I were to have that character.

Personality weaknesses she subconsciously created, none of which change her TRUE INFINITY DURABILITY

NO

She's a Tier 0. You can't fight a tier 0, no matter how scared of her powers she might be.

@Seed

Naah, i let you slip this time, i don`t mind.

@Roymaster11

Sure, do you wanna put result to both characters pages or wil i put Carl and you put to Roy?

@Lekmos

It's better for me to put for Roy while you put for Carl, I honestly don't like editing other people's characters.

Alrigth, i know what you meant. Let`s put results on and make another depate in future, if our character mach each other.

I just got here and after reading both pages and some of this thread I vote for Carl do to diversity and experience

I read the comment above I realized I'm too late

Back