• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roland McLeod vs Beret

Drag-O-Drawgon

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Discussed in this thread.

Sharingan Arc Shikai Roland (5-B) vs Form of Valor Beret (Low 5-B).

• Speed Equalized
Roland McLeod: 1 (Kickboxertj)

Beret:

They become friends and go fight beasts (Inconclusive): 1 (FateAlbane)

Tell me if I should switch to different keys or do something else to make it fair if it's a stomp. Or if there is too much switching.

Alright, I don't think there's much question that they could take each other out, but the question is who does it first. If their speed is equalized, that makes it much more complicated. Both can see what the other does before they do it, both can put out enough damage to kill the other, but one factor remains inconsistent: intelligence. While Roland acts punkish, he's ridiculously smart. He's outthunk a lot of fighters, and its a big asset of his in combat. I think if push came to shove, Roland would win. Beret might be a bit more durable, but Roland would figure out a way to take him out with a big combo. That's my take, at least.

Although you aren't allowed to change stats while this is happening.

Although I will still keep this up, see what happens.

ok. I think you can change it back to Planet Level when this gets done. I'll see if I can get this going with Discord. (And not get "meh" from people)

I just edited Roland's tiers, but we can keep this version going if you want. If not, would you like to rediscuss or remake the thread?

We can still use Low 5-B forms. I'll just change which key Roland is in this fight, and it should be fine. I would like you to revote due to the changes to him.

Well Form of Valor Beret has some pretty good shit going for him that works as direct counters to Roland, but I think Roland still wins by a hair for a couple reasons. For one, Roland is really friggin' smart. He's outwitted countless opponents, some a lot stronger than him (at the time). Second, Roland may not have the ability to one-shot Beret, but he can set up to cause some serious damage. That concentrated defense is a bitch and a half to deal with, but if Roland is using a fully hollowfied Gran Rey Cero or Moretsuna Ken, he could likely overpower it depending on how much is needed to overload it. Basically, this might go either way for either of them, depending on what happens, but I think that 6 times out of 10 Roland wins. Anything I missed or got wrong?

Overloading the concentrated defense takes at least as much as his base durability, the listed durability for it is what it would take to one shot it.

One more thing, how big were those planetoids?

Roughly the size of a city in circumference. They were a result of a jutsu preformed by a rinnegan user, which is called Tengai Shinsei.

Kickboxertj said:
Roughly the size of a city in circumference. They were a result of a jutsu preformed by a rinnegan user, which is called Tengai Shinsei.
Is there something on this in Naruto or wherever Roland is based off of? Cause those things would have to have an incredibly high mass (and density) to be small planet level

Well I am lowballing it, considering their size is vague in Naruto. I'm basing it off the jutsu used when Madara fought the shinobi alliance, the one where he summoned a giant meteor from the sky. In Roland's fight against a rinnegan user, the guy made several hundred of them to try to spam Roland, but Roland was in a hollow-rage and just obliterated all of them in about three minutes with little to no difficulty. This is the exact same Roland, possibly weaker since Roland now has more experience with the form, that Beret is fighting.

Going from the profiles, AP advantage seems to be with Beret because of the plus at the end of the AP.

Though Roland could potentially throw attacks back to him if hit by lethal force what with his Senketsu ability (though yes, it has a set number of uses). Beret's Reflection Barrier on the other hand will be quite the problem to get through.

Roland seems to have an edge with a few genjutsu, but I think that and Beret's ocasional precog against something substantil ultimately cancel each other out.

Roland has his Shikai, Bankai, Susano'o and etc to try and compensate for the gaps in raw power. All in all...

Really hard for me to be making a call on the winner right now. ^_^' I'll wait some more for input on this but if I don't come back, count me for... Eh...

I'm honestly not sure atm.

No problem! Guess I'll go ahead and say Inconclusive for this one based on what was said above, instead of not voting for the timebeing.

FateAlbane said:
No problem! Guess I'll go ahead and say Inconclusive for this one based on what was said above, instead of not voting for the timebeing.
Counted.

I have been fleshing out Roland's story more, and as such added some keys to his page. This means that Full Hollow Roland actually doesn't have the Sharingan yet, which changes my vote to Beret. On the other hand, we could go with Sharingan Arc Shikai Roland instead, making the fight much more even.

Kickboxertj said:
I have been fleshing out Roland's story more, and as such added some keys to his page. This means that Full Hollow Roland actually doesn't have the Sharingan yet, which changes my vote to Beret. On the other hand, we could go with Sharingan Arc Shikai Roland instead, making the fight much more even.
What extra things does Roland get in that?

Nothing. Just what he would get from having his Mangekyo Sharingan, which is what he would've had in this fight anyway if I hadn't done some specification on the keys.

Though it is essentially the same fight, I have to agree. I still stand by my argument that Roland would figure out a way to get around Beret's amazing defensive abilities, and would eventually out-strategize him.

@Drag I've been working on some major edits to Roland, where I replace the Sharingan with Wood Jutsu and sage Mode. Do you want to finish this thread before I make those edits, or would you rather Beret face off against the new Roland? Or both?

Kickboxertj said:
@Drag I've been working on some major edits to Roland, where I replace the Sharingan with Wood Jutsu and sage Mode. Do you want to finish this thread before I make those edits, or would you rather Beret face off against the new Roland? Or both?
We'll take new one, you make the new thread, this one is kinda just going everywhere now.

Back