• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roblox Pages II: Electric Boogaloo

EmbalmerMaster9000

VS Battles
Retired
(I have sinned for summoning this thread from the depths of Tartarus)

Move thread to a different subforum if necessary.

One week ago, Jinx666 posted a thread that talked about the possible addition of character profiles from a Roblox game that was sponsored, ArbitaryNumbers had replied with this quote in specific:

"If it comes from the creators of ROBLOX then I'm okay with it being used."

While the game isn't created by the people who designed the platform itself (Which is common for most events), the developers inquire the developers of specific games on the site to implement specific things in their game that relate to the event, such as unlocking certain gear or hats (Sorta like in TF2), for example. These usually end up as events and the like, similar to the one mentioned above, which bear the characteristics as mentioned above.

This basically give me the thought to suggest the things as shown below.

Now, time for me to paste one of my replies on the thread (Which I have deleted myself and pasted a link to this thread) which explains (my opinion) on what the prerequisites for making a profile for a character from a dev-made Roblox game.

Games that have sponsored events in them be able to have profiles of them IF they bear any feats/and are notable. It's very unlikely that we should try to make profiles of sponsored games due to them being made by non-official (Otherwise, not developers of Roblox themself) devs. Roblox, funnily enough, usually markets most of the player-made games with their permission and the like (Similarly to how, for example, a game developer would accept a certain idea into their game from the fans).

And then, for a longer edit that explains the things in horrible detail.

Actually, looking at this page, there might be a possibly that we can implement profiles from a handful playermade games again, because:

1. Some of the games that exist are very notable, this has gone onto the point where they, as mentioned above, have been sponsored, some even marketed on occassion, there are even gears made that are based off of existing games and two official videos that include a few characters from popular games (I apologize for making you cringe on that part). The Roblox developers even review the games, too.

Back onto the sponsoring part, the creators of Roblox ask these people to implement specific content into their games based on what they want to sponsor, for that matter.

Just to show an example for the things stated above:

-Guardians of the Galaxy event , two of the games (Skybound 2 & Polyguns) that were sponsored have specific features implemented in them for the specific event (Alongside the third one), but the two aforementioned ones have valid and notable feats (And are/were popular at one point of time).

-Roblox Battle Arena, Both of the sponsored games have feats (Field of Battle and Strife), are/were popular, and had features implemented into them that were relevant to the event.

2. Going by rule 4's logic, while Roblox doesn't have an official canon (The closest thing we have are official content made by the developers). Most games tend to have unique characters with their own feats and the like, while bearing a similar appearance to that of a normal Robloxian, most of are usually stated to be a different race (Mainly human, as to what most people believe) and the like. Sponsored games usually don't contain copyrighted characters (They CAN if allowed to by respective owners, which has happened on ocassion), however,

So, let's go over what the characters within the games have that the "Alternative canon and composite profiles" page states.:

1. A portion of the spin-offs are very notable by a majority of the playerbase on Roblox.

2. Most of the games tend to have very separate feats, such as the characters in Strife being able to defeat a building-sized snow creature. Notably, most of the creatures in Dinosaur Simulator have information (such as weight, size, etc) about them, allowing calculations to be made for them.

If this ever gets accepted (which is probably when pigs fly), I made a few (possible) rules to be followed if a profile for a specific Roblox game is implemented onto this wiki.

Game rules:

1. It must be sponsored at least once to prove that it has a variable amount of notability.

2. It should also bear over a certain amount of visits (Basically, amount of times it has been played) of either 750,000 or 7.5 million at minimum.

3. It must not have copyrighted characters unless the characters have permission to be in it, this excludes references.

4. The place must be in working condition. If a game is incredibly buggy and near-unplayable due to updates breaking the game, a profile should not be made for them, as it may not be accurate / may be vague.

Character rules:

1. They must bear understandable feats via descriptions, visuals, and other resources (if applicable). This would mean that there will be no profiles for this, this and this (oh god the last one is horrifying).

- They will not scale to the Robloxian's Small City Level+ stats, as it would be very inconsistent with their own feats and against the developer's intentions, same goes for any other stats.

2. They should be something similar to a playable character (that isn't vague),protagonist, or any major character. Not something like a common enemy within the game that lacks any real feats, or a character with very little information that you only meet once.

- If they are within a roleplay game where the user can make their own characters, give it their own feats, personalities, etc. It should be excluded and instead put on FC/OC Battles wiki.

3. The character's abilities and tierings should not be based off of a programming error.

- For example, in Dinosaur Simulator, the stretchy titanosaurus used to (Now patched) have a speed glitch that allowed it to shoot through the map at supersonic speeds. A person on this wiki made a calculation about it, getting severely inflated results from the unintentional feature.

- If there is a move that is not a glitch, rather, something that is referencing one (For example, a character can teleport through a glitch-based, but not as a programming error), it can be accepted, as it is not an actual bug itself, but an intended feature.

4. The character should not be too extensively based off of Roblox gear themselves. If they, for example, bear a katana that shoots rows of explosives similar to this one , however, the katana bears much different feats, it could be accepted. If the character has a bunch of catalog gear that are literally the same, exact ones as located in the catalog with the same feats, then it is best to not make a profile for the character.

- This excludes the weapons being functionally different variants of existing catalog gear (as in they do not act the same at all).

The Robloxian's page should be renamed to either "Robloxian (Catalog gear)", or "Catalog Gear Robloxians"

TL;dr, additions for dev-made Roblox pages if their games / character(s) within the game follow the rules as stated above.

Edit:

For the character profiles, their page names should be something one of these:

"Megavore (Dinosaur Simulator)"

"Megavore (Roblox, Dinosaur Simulator)"

I'm okay with these rules. As long as there is something to link it to official Roblox stuff, then I think it should be alright. And glitches shouldn't be allowed, either, unless they're treated as an actual feature.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I'm okay with these rules. As long as there is something to link it to official Roblox stuff, then I think it should be alright. And glitches shouldn't be allowed, either, unless they're treated as an actual feature.
The thing I'm using to link to official Roblox stuff is sponsoring and events, which should very well cover its notability part, too.

I know that glitches aren't allowed, and what I was suggesting is that they should be only allowed if treated as an actual feature, or if a character within a game is based off of said feature.

I'm waiting for more staff input, once the rules for creating profiles based off of a dev-created game are accepted, I'll add them to the Roblox verse page and start making profiles.

Also, there are two games in specific I will try to make profiles for:

1. Strife, fighting game with Building level feats, met the preresiquites as stated above (Sponsored events, over 7.5 million visits, not very buggy)

2. Dinosaur Simulator, survival game with Small building level feats (Same as above,

Might try to start implementing Strife and Dinosaur Simulator profiles when most of the staff is fine with these rules.

Back