• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ridley VS. Spyro

Meta Ridley form, and Dark Spyro.

At least 5-B vs. 5-A should be fair... maybe?

Speed UNequalized.

Spyro: 2

Ridley: 1

Spyro may have a distinct tier advantage, but I think people are forgetting about Ridley's impressive Phazo hax. Plus Meta-Ridley is far above baseline Planet level; Meta-Ridley fought Phazon Suit Samus who is > Gravity Suit Samus > Varia Suit Samus >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Her own Power Bombs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tallon Metroid's durability. Not sure how high Spyro is on the 5-A department, but it may not be that much greater than Meta-Ridley if he's only baseline 5-A.

If speed was unequalized, it be a blitz/hax stomp in Ridley's favor.

This actually happens to be the next battle I'm writing on the Death Battle Fanon Wiki so it's good to see your views on this matchup. It helps me out. Also, according to their profiles, Spyro has the advantages in strength and durability being large planet level in each while Ridley is planet level in each of those but Ridley has the huge speed advantage being massively faster than light while Spyro is only superhuman in movement speed? But wait, that can't be right because one feat of Spyro's involved him flying faster than 159 miles per hour but yeah still he doesn't seem to be nearly as fast as Ridley in movement/ flight speed. I think that Spyro has the advantage in powers/abilities though with all of his elemental powers, time manipulation, and darkness manipulation. Ridley has his plasma fire breath, energy projection, phazon, lasers, and a bunch of other stuff but I think Spyro's are more powerful but not sure. Also, "DarkDragonMedus" mentioned Ridley having phazon hax but doesn't Spyro as Dark Spyro also have hax with the dark aether breath? Doesn't the aether breath have the power of vaporizing a foe at an atomic level? Could Ridley survive that? I don't know. Anyway, Ridley does have more alternate forms having Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley, and Proteus Ridley but again could Dark Spyro outclass all of them with the dark aether breath?

Lot of factors here, what do you guys think?

This thread was made a long time ago, before it was clarified that Meta Ridley didn't have Phazon hax. Additionally, I didn't know Spyro had Time Manipulation, so this might be a stomp. Speed is equalized, but another Ridley Feat, which will help with the Death Battle Fanon outcome, is that Ridley outpaced Samus's mothership, which was calc'd at over 10,000,000x FTL here.

Ok, so it's clear that Ridley is FAR faster but Spyro has the strength and durability advantages. And ok so it's clarified that Ridley doesn't have phazon hax but doesn't Spyro have hax? Would Dark Spyro's dark aether beam which attacks at the atomic level be able to vaporize Ridley? I know Ridley's Regenerationn is insane helping him even survive being disintegrated by phazon so would he be able to survive the aether beam or would it be too much for him?

Ridley's Regen is only Mid, meaning he can grow his head back, but him regenerating from atomic destruction only applies to Omega Ridley. Aside from that, temporary invulnerability is the best hax this version of Ridley's got. Though, Ridley is also much smarter; he's got genius level intellect and can build ships from scratch. Also called the "Cunning God of Death" for a reason.

Also, I don't know if Spyro's Dark Breath is at an atomic level.

Back