• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rey Skywalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be a pretty simple content revision.

I propose changing Rey’s profile name from Rey to Rey Skywalker.

I assume all crt need scans so.
B40EhOj_d.webp

I was browsing her page and I noticed it wasn’t there and I figured why not.

It’s something already acknowledged by her page, and it’s the thing she goes by at the end of the series so I figure it should be added to the actual title of the page similar to Anakin and Luke.

For reference the Star Wars wiki also does the same thing
So theres also that.

Yeah, there is no reason to add this when it's a controversial spoiler.
Controversy doesn’t really matter when it comes to things that are, if people don’t like that irs her name it doesn’t really matter because it will always be that, if someone doesn’t like Rey I highly doubt they are going to be looking at her page anyway.

Rise of Skywalker came out 5 years ago, there are pages that get updated per chapter, her being named Skywalker isn’t something that reveals much, and it’s going to be stated on her profile anyway so they’d be spoiled anyway.

Why is that?

It's an informal title only used in the last minute of her last appearance. There is no reason to add it over the current name.

I mean we could do the mature thing. Or we could just call her ma-ray sue or star killer with wars after the word star 👍. In all seriousness this change is fine and calling her a skywalker is what an indexing website should do but still that won't stop me from being mildly annoyed lol 😄.

Thanks for the defense anyways I wasn't posting very seriously and am a little suprised by the response when I verbatim called this change the mature thing. I do have issues with the sequels but me suggesting changing her name to starkiller with extra content was just a jest and the ma-ray sue bit was done purely because I appreciate good wordplay.

I thought me saying in all seriousness would make that apparent but I'm clearly at fault for playing too loose and for that I apologize. Agree with the change see ya later.

I thought me saying in all seriousness would make that apparent but I'm clearly at fault for playing too loose and for that I apologize.
u have no reason to apologize, you said it in passing as a joke. he just took it too seriously for no reason lol

Notice how it wasn't a problem until you made it into one?

Simply ignore it, my guy. When it starts becoming problematic and inviting flame wars, report and GG.
u have no reason to apologize, you said it in passing as a joke. he just took it too seriously for no reason lol
Yeah, it was clearly a joke comment and the overly defensive seething reaction was whiny if anything
First, I don't appreciate being called "my guy." Second, I'm trying to preempt fights here, and being called "whiny" and "seething" for doing so is also improper.
Thanks for the defense anyways I wasn't posting very seriously and am a little suprised by the response when I verbatim called this change the mature thing. I do have issues with the sequels but me suggesting changing her name to starkiller with extra content was just a jest and the ma-ray sue bit was done purely because I appreciate good wordplay.

I thought me saying in all seriousness would make that apparent but I'm clearly at fault for playing too loose and for that I apologize. Agree with the change see ya later.
It's still a controversial thing to say even if you didn't mean it that way.

Snek's comment didn't come across as totally inappropriate "bashing" to me. It's fair to call out a Mary Sue as a Mary Sue and the rest of his comment was actually agreeing with the thread.

But as has been pointed out earlier in the thread this can just be handled on the All-Purpose Request thread and probably doesn't warrant a CRT - so I'll be locking this, especially as the last few comments have just been needless back-and-forth unrelated to the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back