• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Retiering base Sonic

Now I've looked at Weekly's arguements against a High 6-A sonic and I think that I can add more to those arguements with the simple equation U=m*v^2/2 Now to get an idea of what I'm talking about, let say hypothetically Sonic was performing at spin dash at top speed in your face. How devastating would is be? Well canonical Sonic's mass is 35 kg and his velocity is ranked at FTL. However we never get an exact top speed, but we do get a range of (1 to 10) * the speed of light which equals 299792458 m/s for top speed. I thought to myself that Sonic is 5 to 10 times SoL because he looked very confident when SoL was easy for him. But to the math let's use the Low ball of SoL * 5 which is 1443962290 m/s ((1443962290^2)*35)/2 = 36487974161485771750 J or High 7-A

And for the High ball of SoL * 10 which is 2997924580 m/s ((2997924580)^2*35)/2 = 157282156278943087000 J or 6-C

Nothing. Our laws of physics don't allow for such calculations, you just have to look at their feats.

Um, can you enlighten me more? I mean it's just that the Sonic series is series that takes its Physics seriously unlike some other series (I'm looking you Arale for cracking the sun) so I just thought it would be appropriate to use KE.

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
Um, can you enlighten me more? I mean it's just that the Sonic series is series that takes its Physics seriously unlike some other series (I'm looking you Arale for cracking the sun) so I just thought it would be appropriate to use KE.
I know this is dead and off topic, but just to et you know, nothing can go faster than light in real physics, and due to relativity, an object with mass that goes at the speed of light essentially has infinite mass and would yield infinite power.

This is why you can't calc at the speed of light or above.

I think adventure sonic should be downgraded because of the use of the light speed dash, which modern sonic outran, was going to die in an island exploding and a bomb he was trapped in (when he used chaos control for the first time).

Adventure characters are remotely comparable to Modern characters as the Egg Emperor fought Modern Sonic in Generations, Chaos 0 contended with Modern Characters in Forces, ect.

Some characters debuting in the Adventure era are never established to get stronger at all but are still comparable to Modern Sonic.

Back