• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance to power nullification?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discord was using his magic just fine after interacting with the Smooze, who nullified Celestia's magic. Should he get resistance to this power?

I'm not familiar with this verse so I can agree or disagree.

Could you provide a link to a video?.

LordGriffin1000 said:
I'm not familiar with this verse so I can agree or disagree.

Could you provide a link to a video?.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oIyZWP9jhgM 0:14 - 0:22 Twilight fails to use magic on the Smooze, and Celestia has her magic outright negated when it got on her horn. Not a few seconds later Discord dips his fingers into the stuff, and is still flying (presumably his flying and floating is a result of his magic, as he always walks on foot when he loses it.)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6g3zW83a518 watch past the 2:30 to see Discord stretch his hand in the Smooze and teleport away the gold that was inside without losing his magic. I'll admit, the feats are dubious, but I think this is good enough to be looked into.

I'm not sure.

The first one: It just seems like the goo is sticky so she couldn't fly, the magic blast effected it but due to it's Physiology it just regenrated, the goo covering her horn seemed to just hold the magic in (which is why it expanded) and since it wasn't strong enough it didn't pop the goo.

Note: This is just from my perspective.

I'll look at the second vid in a minute.

However I think it would be better if you message those listed under the verse on the Knowlegable Members List page to take a look hear.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Knowledgeable_Members_List

I do not think that resistance to power nullification is warranted for Discord. The Smooze simply resisted Celestia's magic power. It did not depower her.

Antvasima said:
I do not think that resistance to power nullification is warranted for Discord. The Smooze simply resisted Celestia's magic power. It did not depower her.
Didn't Discord take out, then warp away that gold ball that was in the Snooze? That could count as a form of resistance negation then seeing as it should have had Snooze goo on it.

I think that this seems too speculative.

Antvasima said:
I think that this seems too speculative.
Is it? The Smooze resists magic. Discord has no problens using his magic on something that should be covered in that same goo. I din't see what is speculative about it. If it's not RN, then it should be something.

Antvasima said:
Well, I suppose that you have a point.
A more blatant example is Twilight trying and failing to use her anti-chaos spell on Discord's magic. This could also mean that the EoH are capable of bypassing resistance to nullification, assuming this passes.

So it can be added? I'll need the pages unlocked then. Come to think of it, would the EoH nulling Discord despite his resistance even count as immunity bypassing? Or just a higher degree of powernulling?

What do you wish to add and to which pages?

Antvasima said:
What do you wish to add and to which pages?
Well obviously resistance to power nulling for Discord, since Twilight made a spell specifically to undo his chaos, and failed anyway. And maybe immunity bypassing for EoH since they shut him off in spite of the above.

However the latter is entirely optional, since I am on the line as to whether or not it actually counts as IB, or is just a more powerful power nullification.

Well, adjusting Discord's page should probably be fine, but the elements seem more speculative.

Tell me here when you are done.

Done.

Oh yeah, I almoat forgot. You should be expecting a pm from me in the near future. Particularly in regards to voting on verses matches. I'm still compiling the message atm, but I think if you heard me out, it could improve the quality of match-ups.

I am the wrong person to ask about versus discussions. I am not interested in them, and as such do not understand them very well.

Anyway, should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back