• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance to magic question

If a character has resistance to magic, does that mean he are immune to all magic attacks even if they are much more powerful than the character? or if that magic has other hax like transmutation, sealing, existence erasure, etc.

assuming this would be an NLF?

If a character has resistance to magic, does that mean he are immune to all magic attacks even if they are much more powerful than the character? or if that magic has other hax like transmutation, sealing, existence erasure, etc.

assuming this would be an NLF?
No, they would be immune to the abilities those magic is shown to have. That is, if the magic has Existence Erasure, Transmutation, sealing, etc they would also have resistance to them.

No, they would be immune to the abilities those magic is shown to have. That is, if the magic has Existence Erasure, Transmutation, sealing, etc they would also have resistance to them.
So if the magic-resistant character is attacked by a transmutation magic spell, but the character doesn't have resistance to transmutation

Would that magic spell work and the character would be transmuted?

Well, I think this answers my question.

I was saying this based on the character Freddy Krueger, he has resistance to magic from resisting a magic bolt, but I think it would be NLF to assume that he can resist all types of magic, like a conceptual destruction spell, because he never proved to resist this

No, he resisted only a magic volt, nothing conceptual

So that's why I think that a character from another verse with conceptual magic would work against Freddy Krueger since he never proved to resist anything conceptual.

If the character only resisted a certain attribute of magical attack, for instance, resisting fire magic, we cannot conclude he can resist ice magic as well.

Additionally, if a character can resist all forms of magic in their verse, but their verse does not have something like conceptual manipulation magic, then we cannot conclude that they can resist magic that works conceptually.
So that's why I think that a character from another verse with conceptual magic would work against Freddy Krueger since he never proved to resist anything conceptual.
Yeah, if Freddy has not resisted conceptual magic in his own verse, we can't assume he can resist it to begin with, much less that from another verse.

Back