• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reincarnated as a Sword Discussion Thread

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
No idea if this will get traction, but I made it as there was a request and because the anime started~

kFoozoS.jpg

Last edited:
So do we have a verse page or should I start creating one?
We have one
Might even add a fourth character to the verse soon lol

Why is Post-Refurbishment Master its own profile?
Basically like a post-timeskip version if you want. Gonna expand the profile with the CRT that got accepted recently.

Basically, Master at one point in the story gets more skills than he can endure, so they go to a blacksmith that fuses some of his skills and removes others to lower Master's skill count. So Post-Refurbishment Master doesn't have all the abilities from before or has them but in a slightly different form.

Since Master's profile is long enough as is, I figured the most elegant way to handle having a whole second skill list and stuff was to make a second profile, kinda like the different stages of Naruto or Goku.

I watched the first episode, liked it. Want more.

Seeing Master just fly around and kill things as just a sword was an interesting sight. The animation was surprisingly fluid IMO. Throughout the entire episode I was pleasantly surprised by how good it looked. To be honest, I was expecting just another average-looking Isekai. Glad that wasn't the case here. The voices are also pretty fine, though I do not remember a single part of the music.

I'm not sure if this put a lot of chapters into one, but I wouldn't be surprised with how quickly it seems that Master levels up and becomes hella strong. Honestly, I'm fine with it so far, though. At least they actually try and show us all the grinding. Overall the first half was pretty standard for an Isekai. It got better on the second half for sure, though.

Seeing Fran's life and the lore about her species makes me interested in her character and seeing her grow. I also like how they made her feel like someone whose actually been broken but what we've seen her experience, and I can only imagine what else has happened before the beginning of the story. Her reactions are cute and saddening at the same time.

Cool introduction.

Last edited:

Seeing Master just fly around and kill things as just a sword was an interesting sight. The animation was surprisingly fluid IMO. Throughout the entire episode I was pleasantly surprised by how good it looked. To be honest, I was expecting just another average-looking Isekai. Glad that wasn't the case here. The voices are also pretty fine, though I do not remember a single part of the music.
Only noticeable part of the music was that one part when Fran and Master fight the bear.

Animation really profits from the fact that a sword is easy to 3D animate, while still looking natural.

Honestly, I just hope the animation will capture a fraction of the manga's quality. Cause that's incredibly well designed.

I'm not sure if this put a lot of chapters into one, but I wouldn't be surprised with how quickly it seems that Master levels up and becomes hella strong. Honestly, I'm fine with it so far, though. At least they actually try and show us all the grinding. Overall the first half was pretty standard for an Isekai. It got better on the second half for sure, though.
I expect it to slow down a lot now. Like, I bet the next episode will be 10x slower.

Seeing Fran's life and the lore about her species makes me interested in her character and seeing her grow. I also like how they made her feel like someone whose actually been broken but what we've seen her experience, and I can only imagine what else has happened before the beginning of the story. Her reactions are cute and saddening at the same time.
Better don't read her profile then lol

Speaking of her profile, tell me if you guys find any better artwork for her. It's really hard to find full body shots that are coloured for some reason. There's the anime character design, but it looks kinda bad...

Speaking of her profile, tell me if you guys find any better artwork for her. It's really hard to find full body shots that are coloured for some reason. There's the anime character design, but it looks kinda bad...
Personally, I don't think it's that bad. It's simplistic, obviously to aid with animating, but otherwise it's pretty standard. Better quality than the current one, anyway. It'd be a good placeholder until you find a good shot of her maybe holding the sword or something.

Here's an already rendered and higher-quality version.

Idk, personally, something just rubs me wrong about the anime artwork. Maybe it's that she looks like a lifeless doll.
Personally, I would still prefer the current pic over that (perhaps with a better render). Although I would go with the majority opinion.

Or what would you think of this one? It's very cutsey, but well drawn in return.

Cool introduction.
Fr, as I said, it was really cool introduction indeed

Idk, do you think it's better than the current pic for Fran? If so, then yes.

Episode 2 is out.

Damn, the thumbs up after the fight with Dora-guy got me lol

They skipped showing Fran dismantling, but I'm glad they kept in her severing that one guys legs. It's important to establish that our little cat girl is fierce as ****~

Some of the cutaways are pretty short, which I imagine could make it hard for those that don't know what's going on. But the time is pretty tight, I guess.
As expected they also don't explain much about many of the skills, but for the casual viewer that's probably not a problem.

Last edited:
Episode 2 is out.

Damn, the thumbs up after the fight with Dora-guy got me lol

They skipped showing Fran dismantling, but I'm glad they kept in her severing that one guys legs. It's important to establish that our little cat girl is fierce as ****~

Some of the cutaways are pretty short, which I imagine could make it hard for those that don't know what's going on. But the time is pretty tight, I guess.
As expected they also don't explain much about many the skills, but for the casual viewer that's probably not a problem.
Ya, it is episode 2, no rush.

Btw. I noticed that the anime translates Master (“Shisho”) as Teacher.
Should I create a redirect so that the page can be found under that name too?

Btw. I noticed that the anime translates Master (“Shisho”) as Teacher.
Should I create a redirect so that the page can be found under that name too?
The wiki for reincarnated as a sword also seems to have the name as "Teacher" but says it can be translated as Master as well.

So yeah, would probably be best.

It only took me 4 months, but I finally applied those massive revisions.... in the meantime there were so many new feats that I can now make another big revision thread right away lol

While I was doing that season 2 of the anime was announced as well!

Y'guys think this image would look better than the current profile image for Fran?
rM4YmvZ.png
Personally, I would like one that is a little less cutesy for her than the current one, so this might work. Also has her newer armor. Downside is that I this is kinda low-detail, I think, since Fran take up a relatively small part of the image.

The Volume 12 cover could be a good alternative, however, even if one combines the english and japanese version one would have to do some redrawing to clean it and part of her sword is stuck in the ground, so idk.

Back