• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
To be fair the Bullshit anime swordsman that can cut through anything isn't too rare of a trope in the medium.

Anyways what's Reid's starting move/how's he going to respond to meeting someone at his level

Interesting match.

Reid starts with concept cutting. He definitely wouldn't be playing around here, his intuition would tell him Juuzou is a threat.

I see this match devolving into another skillslop, inevitable when dealing with the pinnacle of skill in Re Zero, who is infinitely above other skilled people...

Last edited:
Something something took 800 years to learn to cut concepts vs took 3 months to learn to cut concepts idfk
"Ya're ******* pathetic, ya prick. How long have ya held a sword, ya prick? Only been three months since I first picked up a sword, ya prick. I've cut down light, the ****'ve ya cut down?" –Re:Zero Volume 22, Chapter 5, "Julius Juukulius"

Looking at the profiles again, it's insane how they much they counter other, like if we just look at the powers, can't see how it would be anything other than an incon, they both will just keep pulling off new stuff, and countering each other.

Juuzoou has the higher ap, which is an advantage, but doesn't really matter when these guys can just 1 shot each other. Reid has higher lifting strength, but won't really matter unless Reid goes to grapple him or something.

This is where I think we would have to go into skillslop, who exactly is better at doing what they do.

I think the infamous Re Zero rain dodging feats come in.... Juuzou is good but has he ever dealt with an an opponent who can dodge literally rain? Does his RE show anything comparable to that?

Ignoring that infamous feat, something that really sticks out for Reid is his bs intuition. It's so good he can find someone who he has never even meet before, dodge invisible sniper fire coming from all directions, figured out the ability of someone who was time looping, know that someone is the same as someone else he saw before despite their appearance and soul changing etc.

I guess being able to intuitively grasp his opponents weak points, seeing the optimal path to victory etc, could be useful too. We could also go into the whole Reid being able to simulate like a 100 million different ways to beat Juuzou.

Side note, for a guy as skilled as Juuzou, how does he not have info analysis or analytical prediction? I am sure it exists in verse, so he probably could adapt to that sort of stuff, still looks odd to me.

Last edited:
Back