• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reality Ficition interaction

Google134

I'm not sure if im allowed to ask this but can a Ficitional character interact or kil a real life person like for example i setup a scenario where a Ficitional character faces of against a real life person Like the real life person views the Ficitional character as ficition does that have impact on the battle I'm also curious does the hax of the Ficitional character affect the real life person like the scenario is that if the Ficitional character kills the real life person he or she has to be really dead like in real life if that makes any sense

You can ask pretty much anything, there's no reason to think you shouldn't be allowed to.

And a fictional character could kill a "real life person" (whatever this qualifies for the verse), but this heavily relies on the specific verse's mechanics. It could be done by Immersion, Breaking the Fourth Wall, etc. The SCP Foundation dabbles in this concept a lot, especially someone like SCP-3812 whose whole shtick is ascending into higher narratives even above it's own writer's one.

Are we talking about like Popeye grabbing the animator and beating them to submission while still in the cartoon or like Bugs Bunny stepping out of the animation to interact with the real world?

Google134

But the character i have chosen doesn't have those capabilities you listed
And also the real life person has to be really like dead like killed by the Ficitional character and like the Ficitional character could break the fourth wall but as far as i know can never interact with real life people
Well if they've killed the "real person" they must have some of those powers, otherwise they wouldn't be able to do it. Whether they have transcended like SCP-3812 or used some kind of power like 4th Wall Breaking, etc.

Google134

But doesn't like a real life person stomp Ficition like by default because the real life person views and knows that the character he/she goes up against is Ficitional if that makes any sense

But if i for example make a scenario where these two face off isn't the real life infinitely above the Ficitional character because the real life person would view the character as ficition and I'm not sure if the abilities of the Ficitional character can harm a real life person I'm guessing not but that's just me

Most often than not yes, but, as I said in my original comment, stuff like this is extremely verse-mechanic dependent. And what applies to one verse doesn't have to apply to another. In the case of SCP-3812 this was the case, but the transcended their own writer and now the stomp is reverse.

Google134

So who would you give the victory to the real life person or the Ficitional one if they where to face off also the Ficitional character can never transcend the author simply because the author made the character and views it as ficition so wouldn't the real life person make a stronger Ficitional character and have them fight it out and since the abilities of the Ficitional character can't affect the real life person the real life person would have more than enough time to just create a stronger character and have them fight it out don't know if that makes sense

Also can't immersion or breaking the fourth wall abilities be granded by reality warping

Also This:Breaking the Fourth Wall. This includes talking to the audience, affecting the "real world", rewriting speech bubbles, acknowledging that they are part of a fictional world, and even leaving the fictional work itself and entering the "real world" (represented, obviously, by a fictionalized version of the real world).
So it's stil Ficition

Immersion is an ability which allows one to cross the boundary between fiction and Ficitional representation of reality and enter the imaginary locations depicted in books, paintings, movies etc. The places and time periods accessed through this ability are conceptual, as in they do not exist in reality, but users of this ability can still interact with and explore them like they can any place in the Ficitional real world.

I added Ficitional because if users of immersion can really interact with us they would just create a portal or whatever and pulls us into Ficition and that is literally impossible for them to do also we as real people stack infinitely above the strongest Ficitional characters no matter what also the ability to use immersion is on a conceptual level so if we erase the concept there would be nothing the Ficitional character can do about it also SCP 3812 Doesn't Stack Above his author as if that was the case he would be recognised as a real human and he isn't that

All of this is just what i think i could be wrong tho but i highly doubt it

Last edited:
So here's the thing:

For the propouse of vs debates, both the fictional character and the real life being are treated as being in the same level of existence. The exception is if the character is treated as fictional within their own story (Like GIFfany, for example).

If you're talking about if it's actually possible for a fictional character to beat a real life person (Like if I was reading Dragon Ball and Tao Pai Pai murdered me), then it's pretty much impossible. The only cases I can think of are the murders commited in the name of * Insert god here *, but we're getting too technical.

If you're talking about an hypothetical case where the fictional character exists in a lower plane of existence than the real life being, then it's a matter of whether the character has abilities that can affect beings on higher planes of existence or not.

So here's the thing:

For the propouse of vs debates, both the fictional character and the real life being are treated as being in the same level of existence. The exception is if the character is treated as fictional within their own story (Like GIFfany, for example).

If you're talking about if it's actually possible for a fictional character to beat a real life person (Like if I was reading Dragon Ball and Tao Pai Pai murdered me), then it's pretty much impossible. The only cases I can think of are the murders commited in the name of * Insert god here *, but we're getting too technical.

If you're talking about an hypothetical case where the fictional character exists in a lower plane of existence than the real life being, then it's a matter of whether the character has abilities that can affect beings on higher planes of existence or not.
But the real life being exist above the Ficitional character no matter what hax he/she has the real life person would stil view it as ficition and thus win but the real life person could just tear the Ficitional character apart and throw it back into his own universe but can omnipotent characters beat real life people i think that they cannot because they are stil Ficition my apologies if i confuse anyone

Last edited:
Ogbunabali is correct about how this works within fiction itself, although within real life, fictional characters can obviously not directly affect others.

Ogbunabali is correct about how this works within fiction itself, although within real life, fictional characters can obviously not directly affect others.
So that is how it works in Ficition but not in reality even when i setup a scenario that i listed above in the op the Ficitional character would loose because immersion is stil bound by a concept and the real life person could just erase the concept and thus making it impossible to interact with a real life person

Again i could be wrong feel free to correct me

You can ask pretty much anything, there's no reason to think you shouldn't be allowed to.

And a fictional character could kill a "real life person" (whatever this qualifies for the verse), but this heavily relies on the specific verse's mechanics. It could be done by Immersion, Breaking the Fourth Wall, etc. The SCP Foundation dabbles in this concept a lot, especially someone like SCP-3812 whose whole shtick is ascending into higher narratives even above it's own writer's one.
I really appreciate you all commenting but i have to say a couple things about that first is immersion is bound by a concept and that concept can be erased by the real life person second breaking the fourth wall yes they can break the fourth wall but they can never enter the real world but they can enter a Ficitional version of it so my point kinda stil stands regardless of the scenario the real life person stomps but

Again i could be wrong

Like I said, really depends on the verse and how they treat these stuff. It could be a lot of things, could be transcendence in that case.

Reality Warping can grant virtually anything, it's a very broad power. Limited by what the character possessing it can do.

Honestly no matter what the Ficitional character does it wil not affect the real life person otherwise we all would be no more

Also even if the Ficitional character manages to interact with us the Ficitional character wouldn't be able to do anything to us because we simply view it as Ficition and our imagination so we would just tear the Ficitional character apart and throw it back into his own universe or we can just write a story where the character is trapped and dies and since the real life person would be the author there is nothing the Ficitional character can do against because it's simply ficition

Also SCP 3812 Doesn't Transcend the author but he Transcends the author's avatar

Last edited:

Do you mean a Ficitional representation of a real life person

Last edited:
Pretty much everything said before and in the page is about the "fictionnal real world" you can see in fiction.

For the real world we live in, fiction can't do anything because of being nothing but scripted data/play/ink words/etc... They just aren't real.

Yep, that's what he means.

That's why he put it in "" and precised the "whatever it qualifies for the verse".

It honestly depends of the tier.

Being a "fictionnal real life person" still mean you'rw fictionnal, aka under the same rules as any fictionnal characters.

But who do you think would win a majority of the time a Ficitional real life person or a Ficitional character
That depends on the abilities "Ficitional real life person" & "Ficitional character" possess, I suppose.

Under our Wiki's rules, a character who is fictional from the perspective of another character or reality, is on a lower level of existence.

For example, consider a scenario with the following rules:
1. "Ficitional character" is fictional, from the perspective of "Ficitional real life person".

2. "Ficitional character" is fictional, from the perspective of the reality that "Ficitional real life person". exists within in.

Neither of these characters actually exist in the same Real World that you or I are in, where we access this website & type on our keyboards or phones or whatever. Both "Ficitional character", "Ficitional real life person" & the realities they exist in are fictional for us. They can't affect us any more than other fiction -such as stuff in a comic book, video game, cartoon, etc.- can.

Now, as for combat between "Ficitional real life person" & "Ficitional character": Are they in the same reality? If "Ficitional character" is still stuck in what's only a comic book in "Ficitional real life person"'s world, then "Ficitional character" can't really do anything because they're fiction. Unless they have some kind of Breaking the Fourth Wall or Higher Dimensional Manipulation abilities.

No matter what tier you are, your AP/SS will never be enough to let you punch someone when the only way you exist to them is as part of the fiction depicted by a video game. But some abilities may be able to influence what AP/SS cannot.

But that doesn't mean Bugs Bunny can go into our Real World & tell the CEO of Warner Bros. Studios to go & make a reboot of his cartoon.
Because OUR Real World, the one you & I live in, is not fictional. Fiction depicting a "real world", still follows the same rules as other fiction, even if that "fictional real world" may have stuff that it, itself, treats as fiction.

Hopefully that makes sense & helps.

Got a other weird question why lol but let's say i make a video of myself and put it on YouTube with just me for example watching tv or whatever and nothing special does it make me Ficitional real life person or a real real life person if that makes any sense😅

I'm so ashamed for myself for asking this

Last edited:
@Ogbunabali pretty much explained that it varies from verse to verse. Obviously, no fictional character can truly interact with this real world. But plenty of fiction within fiction characters have overpowered and killed Reality within fictional characters. Some verses treat fiction and reality on equal grounds while others potray all real worlders as upper dimensional deities. And some of those fiction within fiction may be considered higher tiered due to some circumstances, but using those examples for Tier 2/1 feats require more in depth analysis.

And our Vs threads on the other hand also typically treat real worlders as just normal people with fictional characters and their various superhuman feats as still superhuman feats. We also tend to seperate characters called "The Writer", or "The Animator" from the actual real world people writing those works.

Got a other weird question why lol but let's say i make a video of myself and put it on YouTube with just me for example watching tv or whatever and nothing special does it make me Ficitional real life person or a real real life person if that makes any sense😅

I'm so ashamed for myself for asking this
It's no problem. : ) Anyway....
That would be a recording of you, a real person. From what you've described, it sounds to me like that recording's contents aren't presented as fiction.
So it would just be a recording of you, a "real real life person" (as you put it).

Contrast with say, for example; Edward Malus (A fictional person from The Wicker Man.) being portrayed by Nicholas Cage. Despite that The Wicker Man is a live action film, its protagonist, Edward Malus, is not a real person. Nicholas Cage, however, IS a real person.

For our purposes, the The Wicker Man film, despite being a recording of real life areas with live action footage, is a work of fiction. It being a live action, real life stuff recording doesn't make Edward Malus a real person, does not make Nicholas Cage not a real person, & doesn't make the events depicted in The Wicker Man things that happened in Real Life.

Recording yourself is just, well, recording yourself.

A "fictionnal character" would need to be a role you play, like explained by Imaginym.
A character played by a real life person in live action, theatre etc... would be a "fictionnal character", since it's not the person itself.

He was a sockpuppet of another user. And had a very toxic attitude while also demanding to be given a third chance.

Well, that's sad.

Why was he banned in the first place?
He was first banned as PandimensionalBeing042 for Harrassment, but only for 3 months (Although he's currently banned accross all of Fandom anyway)

Then he made another account and had some adventures on Joke Battles wiki, before being banned by you.

Then he made another account and was behaving decently until another user attempted to expose him as a sockpuppet, after that he went ballistical on said user and ended out getting reported.

Then in the report thread he said he could change despite all the previous options to change he had, and then kept blaming others for his behaviour, and then said he would commit suicide if he was banned. And then he was banned.

That's basically it.

Back