• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rayner (Sacrosanct) vs Lucy

Rayner is a skilled martial artist, and despite only having a shield was able to defeat Malcom, a high ranking bandit. In terms of skill, Malcom has defeated a paladin in a close fight (knights that can use God's power. To become a paladin, one must be a master combatant.), so that would make Rayner Paladin level or higher.

Rayner is a skilled martial artist, and despite only having a shield was able to defeat Malcom, a high ranking bandit. In terms of skill, Malcom has defeated a paladin in a close fight (knights that can use God's power. To become a paladin, one must be a master combatant.), so that would make Rayner Paladin level or higher.
Ok, Lucy was able to train Connor in spear fighting from nothing to being able to fight weak monsters in a few days. Not sure how that compares to Rayner in terms of skill, but she'll still be able to put up a fight.

I'd agree. She certainly would have greater range with her spear, but Rayner is no stranger to throwing his shield at close range, and then attacking as soon as it hits, so he may be able to land some heavy hits even at close range. As of yet, he has not faced a spear fighter in canon. (He will later, but that chapter isn't out yet so it would be disingenuous to use that.)

I'd agree. She certainly would have greater range with her spear, but Rayner is no stranger to throwing his shield at close range, and then attacking as soon as it hits, so he may be able to land some heavy hits even at close range. As of yet, he has not faced a spear fighter in canon. (He will later, but that chapter isn't out yet so it would be disingenuous to use that.)
Ok, so after thinking this over I'm going to vote for Rayner. While Lucy is skilled in her own right, Raynew has martial arts and could act more defensively and land counter attacks when possible.

I’ll go ahead and vote for Rayner too to get 4-0, meaning we can add the match without having to wait 👍

Back