• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rating Pro Wrestling Finishers

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Inspired by @Arceus0x's "Let me rate your favorite melody" thread.

Rating Pro Wrestling Finishers!

Concept: Show me a finisher from pro wrestling and I'll rate it.

Formula: I'll be using a total of 10 points for the following categories:

Does It Look Good?: Does your finisher look good? A Pro Wrestler almost always needs a good looking finisher in order to make it big - 4 Points Max

Effectiveness
: Is your finisher effective? If you were to hit this move on someone, would they actually take damage? Would it actually hurt? Let's see about that - 3 Points Max

Believability
: Is your finisher believable? Would your opponent stay down for 3 count if they were to get hit with this? One will never know... - 2 Points Max

Is It Likeable?
: Would people (specifically me) take a liking to your finisher if you were to perform it? Let's find out - 1 Point Max

You can show me a finisher from any pro wrestling promotion. Hell, if you have a verse that focuses on the concept of pro wrestling, show me a finishing move from their if they have one!

Promotion: RING OF HONOR
Wrestler: Kevin Steen
Finisher: The Steenalizer

Damn, that's brutal.

-The move looks pretty good. It's not balls to the wall crazy, but it does look good.
3.5 points.
-Yeah. This move will hurt anyone if they take it. No need to say much on this.
3 points.
-This move is 100% believable. Your opponent is definitely staying down for a 3 count.
2 points.
-I do like the finisher quite a bit.
1 point.

Overall: 9.5/10 - Amazing+

Promotion: CZW (Combat Zone Wrestling)
Wrestler: Brandon Kaplan
Finisher: The FaithBreaker
Also known as (Reverse Moonsault Styles Clash)

This is low-key cheating.

-The move is a thing of beauty. That's all I can say.
4 points.
-The move will definitely hurt someone, but not to the extent of The Steenalizer.
2 points.
-Your opponent is definitely staying down for 3 on this one lol.
2 points.
-I obviously like the finisher. It looks really ******* good.
1 point.

Overall: 9/10 - Amazing

John Cena you can see me. I don’t have the clip atm but dude that move is so ******* iconic and sick.

Also it’s from my favorite Wrestler as a teen growing up.

Promotion: WWE
Wrestler: Shawn Michaels
Finisher: Sweet Chin Music (Super Kick)

shawn-michaels-sweet-chin-music.gif

Wrestler: Shawn Michaels
Finisher: Sweet Chin Music (Super Kick)

shawn-michaels-sweet-chin-music.gif
Bet.

-There isn't anything special about how it looks. It's solid enough.
3 points.
-It's definitely an effective move. A kick to the face will definitely KO someone.
3 points.
-I can definitely believe this move is putting down opponents for the 3 count.
2 points.
-I like the move a lot.
1 point.

Overall: 9/10 - Amazing

Promotion: NXT
Wrestler: Cameron Grimes
Finisher: Cave in

Forgot about this. Sorry.

-The move looks pretty good. Nothing else to say.
3.5 points.
-Most certainly an effective move. This shit will hurt like hell.
3 points.
-I can firmly believe that this will put someone down for the 3 count.
2 points.
-I like the move.
1 point.

Wrestler: Ricochet
Finisher: 630 senton

-A thing of beauty. One of the best looking finishers in WWE today.
4 points.
-The move certainly hurts, since it is someone jumping from a height to land on your stomach.
3 points.
-Tbh, I feel like someone can kick out at 2.9 seconds. Just before the 3 count.
1.5 points.
-******* love this move.
1 point.

How about y'all rate my finisher this time.

Wrestler: Austin Theory:

Finisher: A-Town Down

Diving%20Crossbody%20Into%20ATL%202.0.gif

Rate Claymore Kick of dRRuw McIntyre, I have no clip because I have low IQ and weak sperm

Bonus: Also rate Crossface of he-who-shall-not-be-named

How about y'all rate my finisher this time.

Wrestler: Austin Theory:

Finisher: A-Town Down

Diving%20Crossbody%20Into%20ATL%202.0.gif
Looks - 3. It's flows nice but it's not the prettiest out there.
Effectiveness - Knee to Face. I don't need to say anything.
3 points
Believability - I feel you could kick out but would you want to?
2 points
Likeability - I could show this to a long time fan and they would like it. I don't see this move as something that could make a person like wrestling however. I however like it
.75 points.

8.75/10
Clean as hell.

Looks - 3. It's flows nice but it's not the prettiest out there.
Effectiveness - Knee to Face. I don't need to say anything.
3 points
Believability - I feel you could kick out but would you want to?
2 points
Likeability - I could show this to a long time fan and they would like it. I don't see this move as something that could make a person like wrestling however. I however like it
.75 points.

8.75/10
Clean as hell.
I honestly thought you'd rate it much lower.

Thanks for the rating, though!

It's a very addicting move to do if you're a trained martial artist.

Anyways, what rating would you give it?
Looks: 5, it’s not everyday you see a unique way of hitting an arm-bar. Also comes out of nowhere so it’s hard to counter
Effectiveness: 4, it’s an arm-bar, nuff said.
Believability: 4, I did it so it definitely works.
Like ability: 4, liked it just enough to try it out myself.
Overall: 8.5/10

Reviving this thread.

Wrestler: Alberto Del Rio

Finisher: Cross Armbreaker

7rrg3q.gif
Looks: 4 of 4, flows nice, looks nice.
Effectiveness: 3 of 3, it can and will break your arm. I’ve received this before. Although I guess my friend didn’t feel like seeing me with a cast so he let me go 😁
Believability: 2 of 2, it looks like it’d break your arm.
Likeability: 1 of 1, it has the every appeal.
Flashy for the wrestling fans who prefer than that side of wrestling (10 year olds), yet somehow not over the top. It’s not like that Austin Aries bullshit where it just looks like he's tryna do too much. I feel anyone can look at this and say damn that looks awesome.

This feels weird, I don’t really remember liking this move as much as an RKO or Dirty Deeds but this is a 10 out of 10. Great pick Random.

Last edited:
Looks: 4 of 4, flows nice, looks nice.
Effectiveness: 3 of 3, it can and will break your arm. I’ve received this before. Although I guess my friend didn’t feel like seeing my with a cast so he let me go 😁
Believability: 2 of 2, it looks like it’d break your arm.
Likeability: 1 of 1, it has the every appeal.
Flashy for the wrestling fans who prefer than that side of wrestling (10 year olds), yet somehow not over the top. It’s not like that Austin Aries bullshit where it just looks like he's tryna do too much. I feel anyone can look at this and say damn that looks awesome.

This feels weird, I don’t really remember liking this move as much as an RKO or Dirty Deeds but this is a 10 out of 10. Great pick Random.
The Cross Armbreaker is easily one of the most underrated submission finishers of all time. No one seems to appreciate how effective this move is.

Back