• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rare Speed question.

If I remember correctly, I think there was a calc that uses square area to get speed for a certain Character. My question is, what are the regulations regarding using square area for the distance in speed calcs.

I don't see how, speed is technically a 1D measure since you are supposed to move in a line instead of a square, straight or curvy.

If you could find the calc it would help, because I'm pretty sure they used area to find the distance the character crossed instead of the area being it.

Speed isn't bound to dimensions as it's just a scalar, which mean it has only size. Velocity however, do requires directions to measure it as that's a vector

Even 0D characters can have speed (though that would require them to move in at least one dimension)

Perhaps I should explain an example to get what I am trying to get at.
Let's say there's a city that has an area of 100 sq km. And the character basically traverses the entire area in a few seconds. The question is whether or not this is Calculable.

Perhaps I should explain an example to get what I am trying to get at.
Let's say there's a city that has an area of 100 sq km. And the character basically traverses the entire area in a few seconds. The question is whether or not this is Calculable.
Not sure if that's can be calculated, since they aren't crossing a straight path

Yeah, I think to calc that you need to grab POV and stuff, like death battle calculated megaman.EXE universe speed feat

It would need more context afaik. And it would be a weird feat to calculate anyway.

I think I found a totally reasonabe and easy to to calculation

Every foot has a square area, everytime someone steps, you can be counted as having crossed that area, and everytime you take a step you move a distance until you step again.

Therefore, we can find the number of steps and thus the distance crossed in the timeframe.

Sometimes i think my genius...it generates gravity

If someone is doing something like searching an area, the following method should work for a low end approximation:
Figure out the area they cover and determine the distance they can search standing still (probably the visual range of the character).
You can then treat the area they’ve seen as a circle with a radius of their search range, plus a rectangle around their path with a width equal to the circle’s diameter and a length equal to the length of the path they took. So, subtract the circle area from the total, then divide the remainder by 2x their range to get the distance they traveled.
This is a low end, since it doesn’t take into account area covered twice when turning, treats their vision as unobstructed, and assumes they take an optimal path.
If it’s something like traversing an area so their body literally covers every part of it at some point in the process, take the total area and divide out their width, and subtract their front to back length from the resulting distance. This, again, doesn’t take into account any area covered twice by turns, though it would have a much smaller impact this time.

Back