• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ranking Intelligence

I know this is kind of subjective but could we find a better way to categorize intelligence levels? It seems that a lot of profiles conflate being able to fight with being an expert combatant, among other things. I don't have a list off hand but I've seen a variety of character refered to as geniuses that I don't really think is accurate. Again, I know intelligence is kind of a subjective matter, but I think that we should start treating it like the other main stats with defined perameters instead of using arbitrary terms that vary by editor and profile. Perhaps a scale, up for debate of course, such as the old Marvel one? I think it would help to better compare characters and profiles.

2787154-ohotmu master edition power chart definitions text lrg-1-
Marvel Power Scale

In theory I personally don't mind defining a better intelligence scale, or using the Master Edition of the Marvel handbook for help.

However, it would be impossible for us to go through all of the profiles to fix them, especially as we do not remotely know about all of the over 6000 characters in this wiki.

Regrettably, like stamina, it has largely been up to the individual users to define on a case by case basis.

I really wish we could have done something like this a bit earlier, but i guess now we can only define their intelligence based on their showings or whatnot.

Me too. Like with stamina, there should have been a ranking system in place when this wiki started. However, I at least inserted a list of suggestions into the Intelligence page.

Well i was thinking of how every time someone makes a profile of a character, they have to define a bit on how smart that one character. But i don't mind you putting in the suggestions anyways/

I can see the potential there for sure, but it is far outweighed by the absurd amount of information,co-ordination,effort and dedication needed to pull this off now just makes it nigh-impossible

Agreed. That is why I just wrote some suggestions that people can follow if they wish.

It sounds like "Gifted", but I am not sure. It probably depends on what whoever wrote the page meant.

They could atleast put why a character is ranked "this high" instead of simply rating it as such. That way, people have an idea of how smart the character is exactly, e.g.

Kirito's intelligence
Kirito's page.

Also, given that we had no system for gauging intelligence, and this is very hard to evaluate/subjective depending on who wrote the profile, you should probably take lots of them with a grain of salt.

Intelligence is mostly subjective, many characters are combat genius but not academically gifted. If that fighter was thrown into a battle manga, he would be regarded as a prodigy.

Intelligence can be compared within the verse, but as Ant said most of us here don't have knowlege on every verse or profile to do revision

Sorry, but man;

Joker (Genius) more smarter than Bill Cipher (Extremely High=\= Grifted)?

The being who see all alternate realities? Who can see the future and have trillions of years (probably much more) of knowledge?

Alex himself said Bill knows the secrets and answer covering the universe..

Okay, sorry, I'm changing the topic of context and probably giving you a headache, I stopped.

Well, we could rare him as "vastly superhuman" or somesuch instead if you wish.

Back