• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Just curious. What are Asuna and Javen's best Danmaku dodging feats? 🤔
Even before using limit break for the first time, asuna was able to dodge thousands of projectiles for long periods fairly easily, despite being severely injured and at a disadvantage compared to her opponent (Kedron, AKA the dark forest dude). She is a lot more skilled after this though so it is obviously much more potent. I can't really speak as much for javen but he's the most agile guy in his verse and outdoes some pretty acrobatic people like whisper, plus, well, he's a cartoon, so he can stretch his body any way he likes too, which i think is what elasticity implies.

I mean she can spam a TON of slashes, in addition to clones and all in pretty sure she can easily get to the 100,000 range danmaku, especially since that’s basically the standard for her allies during the sea of blood arc
Even if the duo is overwhelmed by this, they can block the projectiles with a star (Which would obviously kill cobalt again if she isn't prepared for it) plus they can always move out of cobalts comparatively miniscule range, plus speed amps, even if cobalt is used to it, will still make it easier for them to dodge since it will basically be in slow motion. Think of playing a youtube video at 0.25x speed. thats what asuna & javen would perceive cobalts projectiles as. So again the perception thing from destiny and cobalts higher reactions don't really matter since BOTH teams will see each other this way. At least cobalt will. I've said this like 5 times lol

Plus again [Negate] gets rid of this if it becomes a huge problem, and [Fortune] Makes it more likely for them to escape a sticky situation even if asuna doesn't just teleport the duo out of it
Thats… sort of implied by the fact that she beats dozens of enemies by herself when they all have precog and very good reactions on top of it 💀 plus in the last match neither opponent could just crap our stars whenever they felt like it. That’s something she’s never seen before, why would she wait to find out what else would happen?
She can't wait to find out what happens to begin with if the star incinerates her tho

Even if the duo is overwhelmed by this, they can block the projectiles with a star (Which would obviously kill cobalt again if she isn't prepared for it) plus they can always move out of cobalts comparatively miniscule range, plus speed amps, even if cobalt is used to it, will still make it easier for them to dodge since it will basically be in slow motion. Think of playing a youtube video at 0.25x speed. thats what asuna & javen would perceive cobalts projectiles as. So again the perception thing from destiny and cobalts higher reactions don't really matter since BOTH teams will see each other this way. At least cobalt will. I've said this like 5 times lol

Plus again [Negate] gets rid of this if it becomes a huge problem, and [Fortune] Makes it more likely for them to escape a sticky situation even if asuna doesn't just teleport the duo out of it
Cobalt being able to send attacks through portals hasn’t been acknowledged 🗿 plus if she can sense her opponent she should be able to warp there, so her portals if placed in the correct spots can be a major problem. Her cosmic awareness makes it possible. Sure speed amps could make it easier but she already consistently successfully lands many hits on enemies who move in advance of her attacks so that really isn’t that far off from being equal either. Negate also only blocks one thing at a time (and I don’t even think that lasts forever anyway) and cobalt has a whole lot more stuff that is troublesome. It’s basically like picking the poison you’d rather not drink out of multiple glasses

Cobalt also has power mimicry so she might be able to copy some of this stuff? Probably should have brought it up way earlier. Considering she copied the hyperblade off of blood sea soldiers her mimicry has really good feats. Both Asuna and Javen are without a resistance to power mimicry, so I think the only limitation there is just based on cobalts prowess and potency with it. Combined with power modification and her Energy’s generally extremely expansive capabilities (it’s basically considered a pool of endless options) it should be super useful
She can't wait to find out what happens to begin with if the star incinerates her tho
I don’t think it will, I’ve already gone over protection methods she has and the very moment a star starts spawning she’s outta there. I don’t think it’s been said anywhere at any point that his star creation is actually instant and even if it is the perception should at least help with reacting to that much, if nothing else, since it’s stacking into her naturally insane reactions and battle comprehension.

Plus, I don't think spawning a star is a starting move for Javen. His standard tactics are SUPER vague (basically gives zero info, have no clue what it depends on the person' means) but I doubt he's just gonna drop a star on two seemingly innocent women and there's not chance he does it an where near Earth either, and Cobalt could def go to Hyprspace during the period where he wouldn't be spawning stars, and then her clones would be the first to see them if/when he would do so, and they won't have much trouble besides the ap stuff but throwing a star still shouldn't hurt a ghost-like being. Idk if he even actually uses this offensively so much in character, he seems like a toon force first kind of fighter and that typically doesn't involve throwing a star as a first option. Javen will have to answer this too, probably.

Also hold up I just thought of something- Javen has no heat resistance at all listed, and I just double checked so I know this to be true. Logically this means he can’t survive his own stars. Is he typically far away enough for that not to matter? This better not be another profile oversight or I’ll be mad lol

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP WE MADE IT TO SPAG VS ASUNA LENGTH, NAH 💀 We're catching up with hal vs ben 10 with this one
Also literally after my last reply, it tied the original cobalt vs Asuna (206 replies) and this one right now is 207, so this is the longest match for all the combatants except Asuna

(Also spagmatron vs Asuna ended at 234, so while we are on page 6 we aren’t exactly there yet, but this one may surpass it as well, which is why it isn’t Asuna longest quite yet. We are wilding out here)

Cobalt being able to send attacks through portals hasn’t been acknowledged 🗿 plus if she can sense her opponent she should be able to warp there, so her portals if placed in the correct spots can be a major problem. Her cosmic awareness makes it possible. Sure speed amps could make it easier but she already consistently successfully lands many hits on enemies who move in advance of her attacks so that really isn’t that far off from being equal either. Negate also only blocks one thing at a time (and I don’t even think that lasts forever anyway) and cobalt has a whole lot more stuff that is troublesome. It’s basically like picking the poison you’d rather not drink out of multiple glasses
Asuna can do the same thing lol, in fact that's another thing she uses riftways for. I don't think it's very important when they are basically equally matched in that regard. Same thing as the fact that javen can basically spawn stars in her face too.

This is fair, but again if destiny goes out (Which i think she likely will the moment javen starts creating stars) Then cobalt will have to split her efforts between two enemies who have good methods of defense. Plus, cobalt has no experience fighting in space as far as i know, but asuna & javen do, so this is a completely unfamiliar environment to her too.

[Negate] Only blocks one skill, yeah, but things like total spirit shield have a pretty strict time limit anyway, and the blade thing doesn't sound completely impossible to dodge especially considering cobalts inferior range, and the deconstruction has even worse range and cobalts burning deconstruction seems contact-based too. Asuna will just go for whatevers the most convenient for her team most of the time, which seems to be the clones in particular. I believe i already mentioned defense mechanism for the plutonium light thingy too, so unless it's 100x brighter than a star the atomic goggles should block it out.

Also asuna can switch if need be (Which could also be used to prevent cobalts portals for example, which means that destiny is definitely out if that happens)
Cobalt also has power mimicry so she might be able to copy some of this stuff? Probably should have brought it up way earlier. Considering she copied the hyperblade off of blood sea soldiers her mimicry has really good feats. Both Asuna and Javen are without a resistance to power mimicry, so I think the only limitation there is just based on cobalts prowess and potency with it. Combined with power modification and her Energy’s generally extremely expansive capabilities (it’s basically considered a pool of endless options) it should be super useful
Javen has power absorption which cobalt doesn't have a shown resistance to, and it's pretty much power mimicry on steroids 🗿 Javen might not be able to use it to it's full effect as the page says, but even then some of it's stuff could prove highly useful.
Asuna might not be able to mimic cobalts stuff directly, but i imagine she could also get inspired by them and make her power creation more effective now that i think about it, especially since she's done this when she's seen others' abilities in the past. She's considerably more skilled than her beggining-of-series self so i imagine some pseudo-versions of cobalts moves wouldn't be that difficult to make and use to their benefit.
I don’t think it will, I’ve already gone over protection methods she has and the very moment a star starts spawning she’s outta there. I don’t think it’s been said anywhere at any point that his star creation is actually instant and even if it is the perception should at least help with reacting to that much, if nothing else, since it’s stacking into her naturally insane reactions and battle comprehension.

Plus, I don't think spawning a star is a starting move for Javen. His standard tactics are SUPER vague (basically gives zero info, have no clue what it depends on the person' means) but I doubt he's just gonna drop a star on two seemingly innocent women and there's not chance he does it an where near Earth either, and Cobalt could def go to Hyprspace during the period where he wouldn't be spawning stars, and then her clones would be the first to see them if/when he would do so, and they won't have much trouble besides the ap stuff but throwing a star still shouldn't hurt a ghost-like being. Idk if he even actually uses this offensively so much in character, he seems like a toon force first kind of fighter and that typically doesn't involve throwing a star as a first option. Javen will have to answer this too, probably.

Also hold up I just thought of something- Javen has no heat resistance at all listed, and I just double checked so I know this to be true. Logically this means he can’t survive his own stars. Is he typically far away enough for that not to matter? This better not be another profile oversight or I’ll be mad lol
The kind of heat cobalt would experience, especially if there's multiple supermassive stars, is roughly enough to cook you in a femtosecond, or enough time for light to travel the diameter of a bacteria cell, so even if these guys were all MFTL and not FTL it's not even enough time for them to move a millimetre, so make of that what you will 👀

Well, i mean, javen has literally supported that SS javen would do this. Plus if he didn't use stars in combat or anywhere before, he wouldn't really have them 🗿 Again it wouldn't be hard for them to move the earth out of the way at all. We talked about this.
Ok so what if hypothetically javen imagines clones of himself they all summons stars and overwhelm cobalt?
Would the clones be affected by their own attacks then? Asuna can redirect them with riftways at anytime, so even if her own non-physical interaction doesn't work (Which it likely could if they really are ghostly beings, since this is exactly what hers specifies) this could be an option.

It probably is lol

I feel javens range is far enough for that to not matter too much even if he doesn't resist the heat though. Asuna can always teleport him far away which is also one of their defense mechanisms. 👀

Keep in mind that, other than plutonium spirit shield (Which doesn't last very long anyway), most of cobalts other shields probably won't be very hard to get through at all. Cobalt has never used them to block something that's literally trillions of times stronger than herself, she's never encountered anyone THAT strong, so if she's vulnerable for even a moment then asuven are gonna capitalise on that too.

Asuna can do the same thing lol, in fact that's another thing she uses riftways for. I don't think it's very important when they are basically equally matched in that regard. Same thing as the fact that javen can basically spawn stars in her face too.
But he wouldn’t if they were next to the earth and cobalt could just avoid that outright if she goes to hyperspace before that’s taken care of
This is fair, but again if destiny goes out (Which i think she likely will the moment javen starts creating stars) Then cobalt will have to split her efforts between two enemies who have good methods of defense. Plus, cobalt has no experience fighting in space as far as i know, but asuna & javen do, so this is a completely unfamiliar environment to her too.
She’s faced way worse odds than ‘two enemies with good defenses.’ Blood sea soldiers are def being underestimated 🗿 these guys can do a ton of stuff, even a single one has stuff like precog, corruption auras, EE, all the stuff the hyperblade has, high levels of regen, portals, duplication, a bunch of fighting skill independent of all the other stuff, and more. Cobalt literally fights whole groups of dozens of them, and wins, without even needing to go 100% or just cheese them out with clones (they certainly help though).

The environment created by the sea of blood is certainly more deadly than fighting in outer space would be. She resists the effects of being there anyway (I’ve said this) so basically all that does is give her a free pass to really cut loose
[Negate] Only blocks one skill, yeah, but things like total spirit shield have a pretty strict time limit anyway, and the blade thing doesn't sound completely impossible to dodge especially considering cobalts inferior range, and the deconstruction has even worse range and cobalts burning deconstruction seems contact-based too. Asuna will just go for whatevers the most convenient for her team most of the time, which seems to be the clones in particular. I believe i already mentioned defense mechanism for the plutonium light thingy too, so unless it's 100x brighter than a star the atomic goggles should block it out.
Bruh culmination is not just pure light 🗿 if you glance at it, the effects are gonna take place even if you have filters on or whatever. This thing can literally drive beings of embodied madness, into madness, at a glance. It’s mesmerizing. I don’t think putting on advanced glasses is going to help so much

Disabling clones gives cobalt incentive to use power mimicry and modification as a main focus, and god knows what she’d gain if she went all out with that. Possibly a method of astral projection which surpasses her plutonium phantoms…
Javen has power absorption which cobalt doesn't have a shown resistance to, and it's pretty much power mimicry on steroids 🗿 Javen might not be able to use it to it's full effect as the page says, but even then some of it's stuff could prove highly useful.
Asuna might not be able to mimic cobalts stuff directly, but i imagine she could also get inspired by them and make her power creation more effective now that i think about it, especially since she's done this when she's seen others' abilities in the past. She's considerably more skilled than her beggining-of-series self so i imagine some pseudo-versions of cobalts moves wouldn't be that difficult to make and use to their benefit.
Bro, we have been over this already in cobalt vs Asuna two, power mimicry of cobalt is not gonna happen 💀 absorption doesn’t matter either. If you don’t have her exact dna structure, you can’t wield her Energy, and even if they did they would have zero experience and it would hardly assist them anyway
The kind of heat cobalt would experience, especially if there's multiple supermassive stars, is roughly enough to cook you in a femtosecond, or enough time for light to travel the diameter of a bacteria cell, so even if these guys were all MFTL and not FTL it's not even enough time for them to move a millimetre, so make of that what you will 👀
Yeah I’m banking on cobalt being in hyperspace before this is a problem

Well, i mean, javen has literally supported that SS javen would do this. Plus if he didn't use stars in combat or anywhere before, he wouldn't really have them 🗿 Again it wouldn't be hard for them to move the earth out of the way at all. We talked about this.
Doesn’t seem right for an everywhere hero.
Would the clones be affected by their own attacks then? Asuna can redirect them with riftways at anytime, so even if her own non-physical interaction doesn't work (Which it likely could if they really are ghostly beings, since this is exactly what hers specifies) this could be an option.
Not really, they can’t be hurt by their own Energy so all reflection would do is count as a defense, it wouldn’t make for extra offensive options
It probably is lol

I feel javens range is far enough for that to not matter too much even if he doesn't resist the heat though. Asuna can always teleport him far away which is also one of their defense mechanisms. 👀
Well it’s not even implied on his profile, and I can’t just let everything off with the benefit of the doubt. I’m gonna assume he doesn’t and needs to make that range.

Teleporting him far away might be good for a moment but cobalt can follow him with cosmic awareness + portals
Keep in mind that, other than plutonium spirit shield (Which doesn't last very long anyway), most of cobalts other shields probably won't be very hard to get through at all. Cobalt has never used them to block something that's literally trillions of times stronger than herself, she's never encountered anyone THAT strong, so if she's vulnerable for even a moment then asuven are gonna capitalise on that too.
She can make it last longer though 🗿 and while it’s active there’s nothing either have that stops her from going to hyperspace outside of playback, ig

She’s faced way worse odds than ‘two enemies with good defenses.’ Blood sea soldiers are def being underestimated 🗿 these guys can do a ton of stuff, even a single one has stuff like precog, corruption auras, EE, all the stuff the hyperblade has, high levels of regen, portals, duplication, a bunch of fighting skill independent of all the other stuff, and more. Cobalt literally fights whole groups of dozens of them, and wins, without even needing to go 100% or just cheese them out with clones (they certainly help though).

The environment created by the sea of blood is certainly more deadly than fighting in outer space would be. She resists the effects of being there anyway (I’ve said this) so basically all that does is give her a free pass to really cut loose
Asuna & Javen seem different though. Cobalt has never encountered anyone quite like javen, Same situation as saitama vs popeye and cobalt has never dealt with probability manipulation or time manipulation to the degree that asuna has, for example. And don't even get me started on the fact that cobalt hasn't fought anyone 4-A, like, ever. Her shields won't be nearly as reliable because of that 🗿 plus asuna is used to extreme skill gaps and overcoming them anyway. She's done this more than once.

I don't think she'd be familiar with zero gravity is the thing. She can obviously survive in space, she's just never fought there
Bruh culmination is not just pure light 🗿 if you glance at it, the effects are gonna take place even if you have filters on or whatever. This thing can literally drive beings of embodied madness, into madness, at a glance. It’s mesmerizing. I don’t think putting on advanced glasses is going to help so much
I don't think plutonium culmination matters much when javen can always make a reflective shield to block it out. Heck, he even has a reflect star 👀 Cobalt will probably be much more focused on handling the stars too.
Bro, we have been over this already in cobalt vs Asuna two, power mimicry of cobalt is not gonna happen 💀 absorption doesn’t matter either. If you don’t have her exact dna structure, you can’t wield her Energy, and even if they did they would have zero experience and it would hardly assist them anyway
Asuna doesn't necessarily have to be the exact same though. I said she could INSPIRE moves from it, not directly recreate them atom by atom 👀
Doesn’t seem right for an everywhere hero.
Javen caused a quark-nova once on his profile, he's more than willing to cause collateral damage to a solar system, and... he did it with STARS.💀 Me and javen are literally telling you this is something that he does!!!
Not really, they can’t be hurt by their own Energy so all reflection would do is count as a defense, it wouldn’t make for extra offensive options
Still a good help though if it's another defensive mechanism, cobalt will need more effort to overcome that extra layer of defense especially when it's easy for asuna & javen to react to her stuff 👀
She can make it last longer though 🗿 and while it’s active there’s nothing either have that stops her from going to hyperspace outside of playback, ig
She couldn't do that immediately though. Plus she'd need to focus on that whilst modifying everything else 👀 Also important to keep in mind that asuna can do the same thing, making new skills and learning directly from cobalt. Considering their various defense mechanisms she'd last long enough for this to happen too. Cobalt isn't just gonna outgrow them so fast despite her skill, especially when asuna can reverse some of her progress with [Playback].

Last edited:
Also important to remember that since destiny is likely gonna be out of here due to a lack of movement speed from cobalt and no speed amps of her own, she'll also lose the perception thing so she is less likely to react quickly enough to the stars (Even if she had enough time to do so before she got vaporized by the heat lol)

Cobalt is also down a teammate and she'll be fighting against two opponents in what is likely a battle of attrition considering how many variables there seems to be 👀 There are many ways that these guys could counter each other. All 3 of them have superhuman stamina, but cobalts moves still drain her stamina and she lacks supernatural willpower unlike her other 2 opponents. In fact, cobalt has no clear feats of exerting herself for several days like javen does, nor feats of persisting in spite of being gored and being on the brink of death and still fighting hard like asuna did, and her willpower is far beyond what she did then in this key to the point of giving her pretty insane growth 👀

If this scenario keeps being complicated i think this sort of situation would be the natural solution which asuna & javen clearly have an advantage in. The current fight seems to be based on a lot of factors that are very situational (Though i still doubt cobalt can react faster than a femtosecond against the kind of heat she'd get exposed to lol) but if we can't agree on something this seems to be what will happen.

Javen caused a quark-nova once on his profile, he's more than willing to cause collateral damage to a solar system, and... he did it with STARS.💀 Me and javen are literally telling you this is something that he does!!!
Adding to this, even if cobalt could handle a star being right in her face or just somehow knew about it and prepared somehow, the heat from being anywhere near even a regular supernova is easily 1 billion degrees Celsius. This would incinerate her even quicker than a femtosecond, and is stupidly far beyond any heat resistance shenanigans she could pull to the point where I don’t think any amount of barriers or anything with block it at all. I don’t think the chains could withstand the impact either, and deconstruction isn’t just gonna block individual heat rays considering that it only “atomizes” things which isn’t on the same sort of level as subatomic particles 👀

Asuna & Javen seem different though. Cobalt has never encountered anyone quite like javen, Same situation as saitama vs popeye and cobalt has never dealt with probability manipulation or time manipulation to the degree that asuna has, for example. And don't even get me started on the fact that cobalt hasn't fought anyone 4-A, like, ever. Her shields won't be nearly as reliable because of that 🗿 plus asuna is used to extreme skill gaps and overcoming them anyway. She's done this more than once.
I don’t think either of them have experience with someone like cobalt either… plus that bottom point applies to cobalt too. Experience isn’t something that determines outcomes very often, either
I don't think she'd be familiar with zero gravity is the thing. She can obviously survive in space, she's just never fought there
She can just manipulate her own gravity to feel normal
I don't think plutonium culmination matters much when javen can always make a reflective shield to block it out. Heck, he even has a reflect star 👀 Cobalt will probably be much more focused on handling the stars too.
It’ll matter to Asuna 🗿
Asuna doesn't necessarily have to be the exact same though. I said she could INSPIRE moves from it, not directly recreate them atom by atom 👀
That doesn’t mean they’ll measure up or even be useful at all
I’m not denying that he does it, I’m just wondering what kind of hero does that lol
She couldn't do that immediately though. Plus she'd need to focus on that whilst modifying everything else 👀 Also important to keep in mind that asuna can do the same thing, making new skills and learning directly from cobalt. Considering their various defense mechanisms she'd last long enough for this to happen too. Cobalt isn't just gonna outgrow them so fast despite her skill, especially when asuna can reverse some of her progress with [Playback].
  • Power Modification (As a result of the lengthy and intense battles during the Sea of Blood invasion, Cobalt grew significantly with her Energy and learned a ton more about it, allowing her to modify her previous attacks, create new ones with relative ease, and delve into powers she didn't know she had even easier than before, despite having already been quite proficient at it under the right circumstances
If you’ll remember cobalts adaptation used to be super fast. This key puts it into overdrive+, if she focuses solely on total shield it’ll basically be instant. The only question is then how long could she make it last
Also important to remember that since destiny is likely gonna be out of here due to a lack of movement speed from cobalt and no speed amps of her own, she'll also lose the perception thing so she is less likely to react quickly enough to the stars (Even if she had enough time to do so before she got vaporized by the heat lol)

(Though i still doubt cobalt can react faster than a femtosecond against the kind of heat she'd get exposed to lol)
Adding to this, even if cobalt could handle a star being right in her face or just somehow knew about it and prepared somehow, the heat from being anywhere near even a regular supernova is easily 1 billion degrees Celsius. This would incinerate her even quicker than a femtosecond, and is stupidly far beyond any heat resistance shenanigans she could pull to the point where I don’t think any amount of barriers or anything with block it at all. I don’t think the chains could withstand the impact either, and deconstruction isn’t just gonna block individual heat rays considering that it only “atomizes” things which isn’t on the same sort of level as subatomic particles 👀
Alright, I decided to delve into the roleplays to actually check to see if cobalt had any feats of surviving anything like this, and amazingly, she DOES. It’s sort of tucked in there and apparently in the wake of thinking about so much stuff all the time, I forgot, not to mention this was over a year ago so you can’t blame me for not bringing this up until now
  • Supernova Zone: Sake generates a large chaotic field of supernova-like heat that is entirely contained within the zone, being unable to leak out. Sake can contain the heat to smaller areas, which raises the overall heat to extreme levels, though it's harder to get his opponent into the heated area. Is less effective against those who have chaos fire resistance.
Cobalt did fight Sake (I’ve referenced this a few times by mentioning how he beat her in a battle of strategy) and did contend with Supernova Zone, granted, it appears she used barriers but she was more than clear that she could still maintain a good battle strategy and use powers while battling this. So it may not be a supermassive star, but the heat principle still applies and she survived it. This is obviously huge for cobalt.
All 3 of them have superhuman stamina, but cobalts moves still drain her stamina and she lacks supernatural willpower unlike her other 2 opponents. In fact, cobalt has no clear feats of exerting herself for several days like javen does, nor feats of persisting in spite of being gored and being on the brink of death and still fighting hard like asuna did, and her willpower is far beyond what she did then in this key to the point of giving her pretty insane growth 👀
I mean, this isn’t exactly true. She fought Triton when she was basically on the brink of giving birth and lived long enough to get help, that’s clearly super impressive and she didn’t get tired until well into the sea of blood stuff which was constant fighting on top of constant fighting for everyone involved. Some opponents could outright stamina drain too. Plus I don’t think being gored feats would help since it seems Asuna and Javen’s wincons are all one shot options anyway
I don’t think the chains could withstand the impact either, and deconstruction isn’t just gonna block individual heat rays considering that it only “atomizes” things which isn’t on the same sort of level as subatomic particles 👀
My point with the chains is that they’ll just deconstruct a hole into the stars as they would be passing her, protecting her from them. Stars don’t naturally resist deconstruction. For heat rays, she has the barriers as I mentioned since they let her last through supernova zone

Last edited:
I don’t think the chains could withstand the impact either, and deconstruction isn’t just gonna block individual heat rays considering that it only “atomizes” things which isn’t on the same sort of level as subatomic particles 👀
Yeah. Heat gets smaller and more compact the hotter it gets. As I mentioned before, Quark-Glasma is subatomic.

There's roleplays? If there's a server, I might consider joining. XD

Also, did you see what I mentioned to you regarding the other tournament on the previous page?
Well they're done in person with me and my sister, so there isn't a server where it's done, but this gives me the idea to make one where I could drop extra information people mostly don't know, maybe like an exclusive access type of thing. That sounds cool to me lol, if you'd be interested in joining something like that

Also yeah i saw I'm just unsure if any of those chgaracters actually can do much, usually when I use minor characters they are round 1 defeats and often stomped. I guess Lilac could be good since Espers are usually decent, but I was considering using Hecate instead since I know she's 'not bad' in her 8-B key you know what I mean?

Well they're done in person with me and my sister, so there isn't a server where it's done, but this gives me the idea to make one where I could drop extra information people mostly don't know, maybe like an exclusive access type of thing. That sounds cool to me lol, if you'd be interested in joining something like that
That's be awesome. I have A Classers that I'd like to take for a spin (They're actually from an OPM thing I almost did about a bunch of B and A Classers that form their own team (Death Gatling group's concept fully realized).
Also yeah i saw I'm just unsure if any of those chgaracters actually can do much, usually when I use minor characters they are round 1 defeats and often stomped. I guess Lilac could be good since Espers are usually decent, but I was considering using Hecate instead since I know she's 'not bad' in her 8-B key you know what I mean?
Dang. You can use multiple characters too, so you can use Hecate + Lilac/Plant guy (As mentioned, the plant guy is less of a hassle, and in such a low power level tournament, strong Haxes aren't too plentiful unlike Tiers 7 and 6. Not to mention, great range and AOE, crazy Lifting Strength, and the durability of the vines would qualify him for having the highest Durability of the entire tournament. Finally, upon looking at the roster, there's quite a few Round 1 people that aren't too insane. 🤔

Also, as mentioned, if that server idea ever happens, then there may be some A Classers with some pretty respectable abilities (Looking at you, Masked Marauder.)

That's be awesome. I have A Classers that I'd like to take for a spin (They're actually from an OPM thing I almost did about a bunch of B and A Classers that form their own team (Death Gatling group's concept fully realized).
That’s super cool, I should warn you though, Veneficaverse is basically completely severed from the OPM fanfiction idea that it started as, it as evolved into a massive beast of a series which is basically a mishmash of everything that’s ever inspired me, so those qualities aren’t very present anymore. Ofc there are still some stuff that I think you’d be greatly interested in that are OPM inspired (like the seafolk, for instance, that stuff is HUGE and I think you’d like it and find it amusing just how much spawned just from the deep sea king arc). It would be cool to see how your guys fit into early V. Verse since it main ones it’s OPM inspiration for quite a while, so even though it’s not like that anymore there still plenty to discuss about it

Dang. You can use multiple characters too, so you can use Hecate + Lilac/Plant guy (As mentioned, the plant guy is less of a hassle, and in such a low power level tournament, strong Haxes aren't too plentiful unlike Tiers 7 and 6. Not to mention, great range and AOE, crazy Lifting Strength, and the durability of the vines would qualify him for having the highest Durability of the entire tournament. Finally, upon looking at the roster, there's quite a few Round 1 people that aren't too insane. 🤔
Hmm. Maybe I could use him then, sounds promising…
Also, as mentioned, if that server idea ever happens, then there may be some A Classers with some pretty respectable abilities (Looking at you, Masked Marauder.)
We could definitely talk about this and hypotheticals of them being in the verse if you want 👀 maybe even use them in vs matches if they have profiles

That’s super cool, I should warn you though, Veneficaverse is basically completely severed from the OPM fanfiction idea that it started as, it as evolved into a massive beast of a series which is basically a mishmash of everything that’s ever inspired me, so those qualities aren’t very present anymore. Ofc there are still some stuff that I think you’d be greatly interested in that are OPM inspired (like the seafolk, for instance, that stuff is HUGE and I think you’d like it and find it amusing just how much spawned just from the deep sea king arc). It would be cool to see how your guys fit into early V. Verse since it main ones it’s OPM inspiration for quite a while, so even though it’s not like that anymore there still plenty to discuss about it
That shouldn't be too bad. After all, my series also deviates from the canon quite a bit. For example.....

• Earth is bigger and has twice as many cities.
  • Demon Level Monsters are a lot tougher, capable of putting down quite a few of the S Class.
  • Two new Disaster Levels, Rabbit (Below Wolf in canon), and Kaiju (Above Dragon in canon)
  • Some powers I can only describe as Tanktop Master levels of weird, niche, and random (Looking at you, Tempest and your weird requirement for your fists to be clenched for your power to work).
  • A Demon Level Monster as the first major Antagonist rather than a Dragon Level Monster (Seriously. Sparkling Butterfly against Nectrus sounds awesome since they're both insect warriors who both fight large groups of mid rankers.)
  • And more.....

Also, luckily, I do have a Sea Folk since the server I made her in had a Sea Folk arc in mind, though she's far below the Venefica canon due to being Demon Level. Also, while the Sea Folk in the server I was in had their Sea Folk as quite Haxy, mine was build like a unit, a raw Tank built on physical stats and good Regeneration.
Hmm. Maybe I could use him then, sounds promising…
#JusticeforAClass

We could definitely talk about this and hypotheticals of them being in the verse if you want 👀 maybe even use them in vs matches if they have profiles
That would be awesome! Most of them weren't originally OPM OCs, so they've had time to be fleshed out in regards to their skillsets and personality, though some of them sadly lack reference pics, ironically, like the one that was an OPM original, Fused Blade. Plus, in that server, they'd have the potential to get a profile and be more fleshed out.

That shouldn't be too bad. After all, my series also deviates from the canon quite a bit. For example.....

• Earth is bigger and has twice as many cities.
  • Demon Level Monsters are a lot tougher, capable of putting down quite a few of the S Class.
  • Two new Disaster Levels, Rabbit (Below Wolf in canon), and Kaiju (Above Dragon in canon)
  • Some powers I can only describe as Tanktop Master levels of weird, niche, and random (Looking at you, Tempest and your weird requirement for your fists to be clenched for your power to work).
  • A Demon Level Monster as the first major Antagonist rather than a Dragon Level Monster (Seriously. Sparkling Butterfly against Nectrus sounds awesome since they're both insect warriors who both fight large groups of mid rankers.)
  • And more.....

Also, luckily, I do have a Sea Folk since the server I made her in had a Sea Folk arc in mind, though she's far below the Venefica canon due to being Demon Level. Also, while the Sea Folk in the server I was in had their Sea Folk as quite Haxy, mine was build like a unit, a raw Tank built on physical stats and good Regeneration.

#JusticeforAClass

That would be awesome! Most of them weren't originally OPM OCs, so they've had time to be fleshed out in regards to their skillsets and personality, though some of them sadly lack reference pics, ironically, like the one that was an OPM original, Fused Blade. Plus, in that server, they'd have the potential to get a profile and be more fleshed out.
Well then I’ll make the server, you can tell me more there 👀 I’m gonna invite others like Leo, Javen, and Rayfire to name a few (since they are in this thread, plus I have a group chat with those guys too) so it should be pretty cool. Should I just send the link as a private conversation in this forum? Also what’s your discord?

Well then I’ll make the server, you can tell me more there 👀 I’m gonna invite others like Leo, Javen, and Rayfire to name a few (since they are in this thread, plus I have a group chat with those guys too) so it should be pretty cool. Should I just send the link as a private conversation in this forum? Also what’s your discord?
:O

itmustbeluckycharmz

Used to be It Must Be Lucky Charmz#6889

This is gonna be fun. I just know it. ^-^

It’ll matter to Asuna 🗿
I meant Javen can support Asuna this way even if she can’t resist it herself 🗿
That doesn’t mean they’ll measure up or even be useful at all
It could, however, make the power creation more effective
  • Power Modification (As a result of the lengthy and intense battles during the Sea of Blood invasion, Cobalt grew significantly with her Energy and learned a ton more about it, allowing her to modify her previous attacks, create new ones with relative ease, and delve into powers she didn't know she had even easier than before, despite having already been quite proficient at it under the right circumstances
If you’ll remember cobalts adaptation used to be super fast. This key puts it into overdrive+, if she focuses solely on total shield it’ll basically be instant. The only question is then how long could she make it last
This is obviously true, but again I don’t know if cobalt will have enough time to focus on that, if, y’know, she gets incinerated 🗿

Alright, I decided to delve into the roleplays to actually check to see if cobalt had any feats of surviving anything like this, and amazingly, she DOES. It’s sort of tucked in there and apparently in the wake of thinking about so much stuff all the time, I forgot, not to mention this was over a year ago so you can’t blame me for not bringing this up until now
  • Supernova Zone: Sake generates a large chaotic field of supernova-like heat that is entirely contained within the zone, being unable to leak out. Sake can contain the heat to smaller areas, which raises the overall heat to extreme levels, though it's harder to get his opponent into the heated area. Is less effective against those who have chaos fire resistance.
Cobalt did fight Sake (I’ve referenced this a few times by mentioning how he beat her in a battle of strategy) and did contend with Supernova Zone, granted, it appears she used barriers but she was more than clear that she could still maintain a good battle strategy and use powers while battling this. So it may not be a supermassive star, but the heat principle still applies and she survived it. This is obviously huge for cobalt.
This is obviously useful, but I only mentioned a regular supernova as a reference. Doing this with a supermassive star would be thousands of times greater than this 👀

Also, it’s just the heat, no? The barriers might help but again they’d also need to block tier 4 shockwaves too which won’t happen. They’d likely get destroyed considering the profile says they can only handle hits from opponents comparable to her, and then cobalt would have no defense at all. (Granted cobalt has her power modification, but I don’t think even THIS key of cobalt could adapt to 4-A energy that quickly, if at all lol) Basically, this seems to just be the heat of a REGULAR supernova, not the impact itself or the heat of a much larger one, lol, so I feel my point about Javen using stars & supernovae in particular still stands.
I mean, this isn’t exactly true. She fought Triton when she was basically on the brink of giving birth and lived long enough to get help, that’s clearly super impressive and she didn’t get tired until well into the sea of blood stuff which was constant fighting on top of constant fighting for everyone involved. Some opponents could outright stamina drain too. Plus I don’t think being gored feats would help since it seems Asuna and Javen’s wincons are all one shot options anyway
I feel like the sea of blood stuff is just her good stamina-management skills, not mental endurance like Asuna in particular has. Not that cobalt lacks that obviously, but I just feel like fighting when you’re fatally injured and on the brink of death, and going as normal as opposed to on the brink of giving birth is a pretty notable difference 👀 and if Javen ever gets unmotivated Asuna can social influence him to keep going.

This is obviously useful, but I only mentioned a regular supernova as a reference. Doing this with a supermassive star would be thousands of times greater than this 👀
Yeah. Heat gets smaller and more compact the hotter it gets. As I mentioned before, Quark-Glasma is subatomic.
I feel like the smaller range of supernova zone, therefore having compacted heat, still gives cobalt a fair shot at survival, especially when she stacks barriers to the point she can basically not even feel this stuff
Also, it’s just the heat, no? The barriers might help but again they’d also need to block tier 4 shockwaves too which won’t happen. They’d likely get destroyed considering the profile says they can only handle hits from opponents comparable to her, and then cobalt would have no defense at all. (Granted cobalt has her power modification, but I don’t think even THIS key of cobalt could adapt to 4-A energy that quickly, if at all lol) Basically, this seems to just be the heat of a REGULAR supernova, not the impact itself or the heat of a much larger one, lol, so I feel my point about Javen using stars & supernovae in particular still stands.
She doesn’t need to block she can just dodge… she could also portal away the parts of the shockwaves that would have hit her otherwise if she can’t dodge in traditional method or again just go to hyperspace

I feel like the smaller range of supernova zone, therefore having compacted heat, still gives cobalt a fair shot at survival, especially when she stacks barriers to the point she can basically not even feel this stuff
We don’t really have an exact value for that, though. Plus would cobalt have even needed to go in there when it’s range is smaller to reach sake anyway? Plus the barriers are again not likely to survive the resulting shockwaves since they only took the heat of a normal supernova, not an actual one, so one of cobalts main methods of defense for things like this would be gone.
She doesn’t need to block she can just dodge… she could also portal away the parts of the shockwaves that would have hit her otherwise if she can’t dodge in traditional method or again just go to hyperspace
I imagine Asuna’s TK would be useful in restraining cobalt before that happens, or at the very least Javen can insure she can’t escape by merely dodging with some sort of construct. Portalling the parts away could work but if they see what’s going on, they can either make more supernovae with javen’s clones to make this more difficult, or Asuna can use Riftways to portal parts of it all around cobalt too. They have many options if cobalt tries to mitigate this with anything other than barriers 👀

This could also be a good time for Asuna to whip out [Fortune] to make any solution cobalt comes up with less likely to work, and thus make it more likely for the supernova to succeed in defeating her. Plus if anything goes wrong, [Playback] is an option for Asuna to inform Javen to do something different.

Therefore it looks like just going to hyperspace is cobalts best bet, but if she’s equally likely to go for any of the strategies that you listed then this isn’t a guarantee, and particularly if multiple supernova’s are used then the omnidirectional heat might get cobalt before she does anything, especially without destiny’s perception amps. It seems pretty situational 👀

We don’t really have an exact value for that, though. Plus would cobalt have even needed to go in there when it’s range is smaller to reach sake anyway? Plus the barriers are again not likely to survive the resulting shockwaves since they only took the heat of a normal supernova, not an actual one, so one of cobalts main methods of defense for things like this would be gone.
Either go in there or have everything negged by his All-Absorption Barrier 🗿 portals/chains/hyperspace help with shockwaves
I imagine Asuna’s TK would be useful in restraining cobalt before that happens, or at the very least Javen can insure she can’t escape by merely dodging with some sort of construct. Portalling the parts away could work but if they see what’s going on, they can either make more supernovae with javen’s clones to make this more difficult, or Asuna can use Riftways to portal parts of it all around cobalt too. They have many options if cobalt tries to mitigate this with anything other than barriers 👀
She can combine all of the methods to help. This is obviously gonna be liiitle extreme so she's probably just gonna be in hyperspace even though she can survive the heat. Cobalt's own gravity stuff (far, far more advanced than previous key) should counter TK
This could also be a good time for Asuna to whip out [Fortune] to make any solution cobalt comes up with less likely to work, and thus make it more likely for the supernova to succeed in defeating her. Plus if anything goes wrong, [Playback] is an option for Asuna to inform Javen to do something different.
Idk if Fortune is actually that expansive, it doesn't talk much of doing something like Cobalt inexplicably spawning a portal in the wrong spot or something. Plus it's 30 second cooldown makes it not very reliable and I don't think it could outright stop her from getting to hyperspace
Therefore it looks like just going to hyperspace is cobalts best bet, but if she’s equally likely to go for any of the strategies that you listed then this isn’t a guarantee, and particularly if multiple supernova’s are used then the omnidirectional heat might get cobalt before she does anything, especially without destiny’s perception amps. It seems pretty situational 👀
yeah

She can go for a slew of stuff at once and clones makes that a lot easier to defend before inevitably going there. She's now seen someone (javen) spawn a star so why wait for more? We determined she can survive the heat to some capacity so as long as she can do that she should make it and I think she could pull out a win from there.

That being said this is super long. What are the wincons for both sides?

Either go in there or have everything negged by his All-Absorption Barrier 🗿 portals/chains/hyperspace help with shockwaves
Even then, it would still have to be proven that the sort of heat cobalt could take would be at the level of a particularly large star going supernova (Which also runs the possibility of it being a hypernova from what i found, which is over 100,000x hotter than what cobalt would have taken from a regular supernova 👀) which without any solid statements sounds iffy. Barriers seem to be cobalts go-to when dealing with this sort of thing though. Plus even if cobalt uses portals i think the sheer amount of heat that would be radiated of the resulting cloud would get her anyway, especially if there's multiple. Unless she has an omnidirectional defense, but that seems limited to chains which have never been shown to shield cobalt from this much heat either.

Remember that the temperature of the cores of supermassive stars can vaporize you in a femtosecond. This would be much quicker so i feel like the moment javen uses this it's pretty much game over.
She can combine all of the methods to help. This is obviously gonna be liiitle extreme so she's probably just gonna be in hyperspace even though she can survive the heat. Cobalt's own gravity stuff (far, far more advanced than previous key) should counter TK
Keep in mind that even if cobalt lived long enough to try and go to hyperspace, Asuna & Javen would still be seeing her in slow motion (Remember the 0.25x youtube video speed analogy) i feel like if they see cobalt try to get away somewhere with a portal, then this will just prompt asuna to be like "Oh lol, they're trying to run, lets stop em" and reverse time to do so 🗿

Cobalt once again can't move nearly as fast as them so they'll still see her like she's in slow motion basically, which makes it way harder to get away normally.
Idk if Fortune is actually that expansive, it doesn't talk much of doing something like Cobalt inexplicably spawning a portal in the wrong spot or something. Plus it's 30 second cooldown makes it not very reliable and I don't think it could outright stop her from getting to hyperspace
It's moreso taking advantage of any risks cobalt might take to perform such plans, basically.

Even then, it would still have to be proven that the sort of heat cobalt could take would be at the level of a particularly large star going supernova (Which also runs the possibility of it being a hypernova from what i found, which is over 100,000x hotter than what cobalt would have taken from a regular supernova 👀) which without any solid statements sounds iffy. Barriers seem to be cobalts go-to when dealing with this sort of thing though. Plus even if cobalt uses portals i think the sheer amount of heat that would be radiated of the resulting cloud would get her anyway, especially if there's multiple. Unless she has an omnidirectional defense, but that seems limited to chains which have never been shown to shield cobalt from this much heat either.
Bruh Javen’s profile mentions nothing about hypernovas, this star stuff is overblown. I guess cobalt is once again forced to go in early

All of her defenses are omnidirectional, they are fully spherical barriers. Plus they’ll just absorb all the thermal heat/erase it with voids or something, like it says they can do
Remember that the temperature of the cores of supermassive stars can vaporize you in a femtosecond. This would be much quicker so i feel like the moment javen uses this it's pretty much game over.
Still think she survives. My answer to this will always be that she’ll go to hyperspace

Keep in mind that even if cobalt lived long enough to try and go to hyperspace, Asuna & Javen would still be seeing her in slow motion (Remember the 0.25x youtube video speed analogy) i feel like if they see cobalt try to get away somewhere with a portal, then this will just prompt asuna to be like "Oh lol, they're trying to run, lets stop em" and reverse time to do so 🗿
There’s still the chance she does it super fast, and I don’t think it was decided that Asuna could reverse cobalt out of a separate space-time axis so if she got there she’s gonna stay. Can Asuna tell which cobalt is real, btw? She can easily make a clone fake out plan and do it before any speed amps are ever used
It's moreso taking advantage of any risks cobalt might take to perform such plans, basically.
I guess, but there’s no risk in going to hyperspace 🗿

Do timelines in Veneficaverse work like they do in canon OPM?
No but even if they did I don’t think Asuna has feats of reversing someone from a different axis

It’s a complicated question annd still being worked on but I’ll say what I have currently. There are infinite possibilities and they take the forms of timelines, separate universes if you will. Plutonium hyperspace is a ‘sub-dimension’, a place which isn’t really a universe, but also isn’t a non-universe. It does not count as one of the infinite possibilities, instead, every cobalt has their own hyperspace which is a sub of their universe. It’s the place where their Energy is born, and each one was forged by a godlike entity. It has its own spacetime which runs concurrently with cobalts, but at the same time is totally separate. So the passage of time is the same and that’s just about it. This is why it can’t be accessed traditionally and also why the ability to travel to other universes doesn’t cut it when it comes to escaping, it’s basically a spacetime trap. Trying to reverse her from there would be equal to trying to reverse someone in a whole different timeline which is why I don’t think it would work

Bruh Javen’s profile mentions nothing about hypernovas, this star stuff is overblown. I guess cobalt is once again forced to go in early

All of her defenses are omnidirectional, they are fully spherical barriers. Plus they’ll just absorb all the thermal heat/erase it with voids or something, like it says they can do
This key is much stronger than the one that made a quark-nova though, which releases more energy than a hypernova actually 🗿 (10^45 joules for typical hypernovae vs 10^46 joules for quark nova's)

They haven't been shown to tank THIS much heat before though. This sort of thing is way beyond just a regular supernova. Even if they can, if asuna perfectly times [Negate] Cobalt will be instantly vaporized before she does anything regardless of reaction time. Using just the barriers to defend herself just sets herself up for this especially if she doesn't know about her moveset beforehand.
There’s still the chance she does it super fast, and I don’t think it was decided that Asuna could reverse cobalt out of a separate space-time axis so if she got there she’s gonna stay. Can Asuna tell which cobalt is real, btw? She can easily make a clone fake out plan and do it before any speed amps are ever used
She could tell that haruka was using a clone to trick her to escape time stop shenanigans (Which is how she avoided [Erasure]. Though this was last minute and i think it was just a really convincing afterimage. I'd have to check to remember exactly, but asuna has definitely seen through stuff like this before, and experience with it will help her.)

Cobalt can't really do it that fast in comparison to asuna & javen tho, again they'll be seeing her in slow motion and they will also move much faster. I doubt she'll be able to pull a fast one on them 👀 If she does it from the start of the fight then maybe, but i don't recall her doing this even when her opponent is way stronger than her, otherwise she would have done this against nazo for example because of his power the scanner tells her about. Even then it seems like just another scenario that is entirely situational.
I guess, but there’s no risk in going to hyperspace 🗿
For the reasons above im still not entirely convinced this is some get-out-of-jail-free card, lol
Also the wincon question still remains. There’s too many moving parts to this lol
Well, the exploding star things seems pretty likely, but other than that the duo definitely has a shot of winning a battle of attrition since destiny likely won't survive at this point, and cobalt doesn't have quite as much mental endurance as asuna nor clear enough feats of exerting herself for a week straight like javen, and asuna's social influencing helps him keep going too. Cobalt can definitely win if she's lucky but again whether or not she escapes to hyperspace seems iffy, which is why i suggested the battle of attrition in order to generalize all these scenario's we'd really kinda have to go with this especially if we can't agree on what will happen once javen starts using stars & explodes them, which im confident asuven will win in.
I feel like the sea of blood stuff is just her good stamina-management skills, not mental endurance like Asuna in particular has. Not that cobalt lacks that obviously, but I just feel like fighting when you’re fatally injured and on the brink of death, and going as normal as opposed to on the brink of giving birth is a pretty notable difference 👀 and if Javen ever gets unmotivated Asuna can social influence him to keep going.

No but even if they did I don’t think Asuna has feats of reversing someone from a different axis
I was gonna say. If Asuna reverses time, then because Cobalt isn't Acausal, it'd end up creating another Cobalt so that once the original Cobalt comes back, the two of them would've been stuck in a merging process due to OPM timeline rules, leaving them wide open. That could've been something for Asunaven.

I was gonna say. If Asuna reverses time, then because Cobalt isn't Acausal, it'd end up creating another Cobalt so that once the original Cobalt comes back, the two of them would've been stuck in a merging process due to OPM timeline rules, leaving them wide open. That could've been something for Asunaven.
Luckily, they are still faster with their amps. I think they have plenty of time to stop cobalt before she escapes as previously mentioned 👀

Back