• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Original Tourney Thread
Tourney Bracket
Votes
CharacterKeyVotes

Godzilla

Evolved0

The Man

First key, in the Blue Lane0
Inconclusive0

Welcome to VeneficaAuthor's Country Class Tourney! In this tourney 16 country class heavyweights are competing for a special championship. There can only be one champion, so may the strongest win!

In the sixth match, it'll be Godzilla vs The Man!

Rules
  • 100 meters starting distance with equal speed.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Fight takes place in an endlessly expansive and empty/ruined city
Shadow Sword is restricted.

Godzilla is at High 6-B.
The Man is at 6-B.

The Man will likely just rush straight at Godzilla and use Oni's Way of Golden Destruction to absorb and/or damage his soul as he has no resistance to Soul Manipulation. Furthermore, Godzilla can keep firing Atomic Breaths at him and since he is alive, he will easily have enough lifting strength to throw him about. In addition, he directly has survived nukes to the face rather casually and will try to instakill Godzilla.

The Man could also just slice his legs and tail off and then absorb him via Oni Way of Golden Destruction, destroying his soul.

The Man will likely just rush straight at Godzilla and use Oni's Way of Golden Destruction to absorb and/or damage his soul as he has no resistance to Soul Manipulation. Furthermore, Godzilla can keep firing Atomic Breaths at him and since he is alive, he will easily have enough lifting strength to throw him about. In addition, he directly has survived nukes to the face rather casually and will try to instakill Godzilla.
It says that summons an Oni, but could it really absorb Godzilla’s soul before he beats The Man? Also there’s the issue of Godzilla being so large possibly complicating things. He is an entire tier above The Man and from what I can tell he has no numbers so I’ll take him as baseline. He’d have to start with it when it seems like he’s more of a sword user. He also has way more lifting strength so good luck throwing him when he resists. The Man would just get crushed trying.
The Man could also just slice his legs and tail off and then absorb him via Oni Way of Golden Destruction, destroying his soul.
Not likely with the AP and size difference. The Man can’t fly either.

The Oni would instantly absorb the soul of Godzilla even if he gets squished because it will act independently of the Man (it comes from his sword which can't be destroyed). Furthermore, the Man can't die unless he lets himself be killed or unless he kills himself (as this is the Blue Lane version, this is applicable and something that happens). Considering the Man would be in character, he would immediately summon the Oni or purposefully get in close to unleash the concept of madness on Godzilla (as the Man has type 3 madness when in close range with his sword), possibly instakilling him.

The Oni would instantly absorb the soul of Godzilla even if he gets squished because it will act independently of the Man (it comes from his sword which can't be destroyed). Furthermore, the Man can't die unless he lets himself be killed or unless he kills himself (as this is the Blue Lane version, this is applicable and something that happens). Considering the Man would be in character, he would immediately summon the Oni or purposefully get in close to unleash the concept of madness on Godzilla (as the Man has type 3 madness when in close range with his sword), possibly instakilling him.
If it absorbs his soul after The Man dies, isn’t that an Incon since both die? Also where’s it say his sword can’t be destroyed, he doesn’t have invulnerability listed anywhere. He also doesn’t have immortality. Both of those powers are unfair if he literally cannot be harmed no matter how strong the enemy is.

Ah shit, I forgot they're 100m. I don't think the Man would die since he tanked several nukes to the face and only his mask was shattered. It took him being poisoned with venom, mist and poison and then killing himself to finally die. In addition, his senses are such that he will likely immediately sense the Atomic Breath being fired and summon the Oni to absorb Godzilla's soul and win medium difficulty.

Ah shit, I forgot they're 100m. I don't think the Man would die since he tanked several nukes to the face and only his mask was shattered. It took him being poisoned with venom, mist and poison and then killing himself to finally die. In addition, his senses are such that he will likely immediately sense the Atomic Breath being fired and summon the Oni to absorb Godzilla's soul and win medium difficulty.
But Godzilla is way above a nuke and large country while The Man is only country plus his LS is enough to completely squash him. And how will he avoid the Atomic Breath if he prioritizes sending The Oni? Plus it’d have to travel 100 meters before The Man is hit.

Even if the Man was to "die", he would just will himself back to life even if erased from existence (he did when his lieutenant died and he was erased from existence on the spiritual level at that time), however I will concede that Godzilla's atomic breath would do damage however the Man would as I said, sense the Atomic Breath charging up from Godzilla and then use the Oni by instantly blitzing and going underneath Godzilla's underside and sealing him from there.

Even if the Man was to "die", he would just will himself back to life even if erased from existence (he did when his lieutenant died and he was erased from existence on the spiritual level at that time), however I will concede that Godzilla's atomic breath would do damage however the Man would as I said, sense the Atomic Breath charging up from Godzilla and then use the Oni by instantly blitzing and going underneath Godzilla's underside and sealing him from there.
Even if he wills himself back to life, his body would be reduced to ashes by Atomic Breath; rendering him unable to continue. Speed is equal so he can’t blitz either and I don’t see sealing under The Man’s abilities.

He has Non-Physical Interaction, Soul Manipulation and Absorption via the Oni and each of his strikes would do Soul damage whilst negging durability because of that. He'll just absorb Godzilla the moment he gets revived or before that as soon as the match begins, given his nature to instakill people asap

He has Non-Physical Interaction, Soul Manipulation and Absorption via the Oni and each of his strikes would do Soul damage whilst negging durability. He'll just absorb Godzilla the moment he gets revived or before that as soon as the match begins, given his nature to instakill people asap
But how will his resurrection help him when there’s nothing to fight with? Can he regenerate when he comes back to life, and if so how much? That would need to be listed on profiles. Godzilla seems far more likely to insta kill him at this distance with his superior range and Atomic Breath.

The problem with that is the Man could just command his Oni to instantly appear and absorb the Atomic Breath. Even if the Man dies, the Oni will keep fighting and absorb Godzilla eventually ending him. The Oni also acts instantly (much like the Man) so it will absorb Godzilla by doing things like touching the sky and absorbing Godzilla from there irrespective of the distance (the Oni cannot really be destroyed since its a spirit and it has non-physical interaction) and unless Godzilla can damage the sky, he can't win. Because the Oni absorbs Godzilla nor can it actually be damaged (since it, once again, can't be interacted with but can simply end Godzilla by touching the sky and absorbing Godzilla as I just said), the Man wins because the Oni comes from his sword.

But how will his resurrection help him when there’s nothing to fight with? Can he regenerate when he comes back to life, and if so how much? That would need to be listed on profiles. Godzilla seems far more likely to insta kill him at this distance with his superior range and Atomic Breath.
Yes, he regenerated instantly after coming back to life and he can do what I just said above.

Sounds like NLF to me...
It isn't NLF. If he gets blown up by the Atomic Breaths, he will die but... he can just use the Oni beforehand (either seconds before or shortly before it) to absorb the Breaths and then the Godzilla. As I said, the Atomic Breaths will do a lot of damage but he can just use the Oni to absorb Godzilla in any case. Godzilla has no resistance to Soul Manipulation.

Here's the full quote for the only time he uses the ability of Oni Way of Golden Destruction:
  1. "Wu remained calm, as he brutally stabbed her within the stomach, as the Water surrounded her, only to be absorbed into the Shadow Sword, as the clones were being wiped away by the Dōjikiri Yasutsuna, being absorbed into it. “Oni Way of Death: Golden Destruction.” The Man thought as an Oni-like being appeared and absorbed the final clones only to disappear as he stopped striking the clones with the Sword."
Given the description, the oni will literally just instantly absorb Godzilla whole upon being summoned.

Yes, he regenerated instantly after coming back to life and he can do what I just said above.
Regenerated how much damage? Coming back from nothing requires High if I recall correctly.
It isn't NLF. If he gets blown up by the Atomic Breaths, he will die but... he can just use the Oni beforehand (either seconds before or shortly before it) to absorb the Breaths and then the Godzilla. As I said, the Atomic Breaths will do a lot of damage but he can just use the Oni to absorb Godzilla in any case. Godzilla has no resistance to Soul Manipulation.
The Oni just absorbs souls, it can’t absorb anything else according to its description.
Here's the full quote for the only time he uses the ability of Oni Way of Golden Destruction:
  1. "Wu remained calm, as he brutally stabbed her within the stomach, as the Water surrounded her, only to be absorbed into the Shadow Sword, as the clones were being wiped away by the Dōjikiri Yasutsuna, being absorbed into it. “Oni Way of Death: Golden Destruction.” The Man thought as an Oni-like being appeared and absorbed the final clones only to disappear as he stopped striking the clones with the Sword."
Given the description, the oni will literally just instantly absorb Godzilla whole upon being summoned.
It sounds like he’ll need to be close, The Man has a maximum range of Tens of Meters while Godzilla has Thousands of Kilometers with Atomic Breath to instantly reduce him to ashes unable to move or fight.

It has non-physical interaction so it can just "touch" Godzilla's "soul" and then absorb him fully from there the instant he's summoned irrespective of distance. Range isn't a factor and the only he was close range in the description I gave is because the two enemies were fighting with their swords. Without that, Godzilla will probably be BFR'd since the Man can just run whilst dodging the Atomic Breaths and the Oni will never be harmed no matter what Godzilla does so it can just move in and absorb Godzilla by touching his soul, damaging him beyond his innate durability or just destroy his gills by setting him on fire. Or it could just BFR him and end the fight by sending him into the sword that the Man has.

Regenerated how much damage? Coming back from nothing requires High if I recall correctly.

The Oni just absorbs souls, it can’t absorb anything else according to its description.

It sounds like he’ll need to be close, The Man has a maximum range of Tens of Meters while Godzilla has Thousands of Kilometers with Atomic Breath to instantly reduce him to ashes unable to move or fight.
His resurrection comes under the Supernatural Willpower power I put for him.

It has non-physical interaction so it can just "touch" Godzilla's "soul" and then absorb him fully from there the instant he's summoned irrespective of distance. Range isn't a factor and the only he was close range in the description I gave is because the two enemies were fighting with their swords. Without that, Godzilla will probably be BFR'd since the Man can just run whilst dodging the Atomic Breaths and the Oni will never be harmed no matter what Godzilla does so it can just move in and absorb Godzilla by touching his soul, damaging him beyond his innate durability or just destroy his gills by setting him on fire. Or it could just BFR him and end the fight by sending him into the sword that the Man has.
Ok, he still needs to be in range to touch Godzilla. Nothing in that quote suggests The Oni can just attack from anywhere. Range would need to be updated on the profile for that to be usable here or at least some sort of explanation. The Man has very little chance of dodging enough Atomic Breath to get in range before getting hit once, Godzilla’s attacks are very wide and he has nothing like flight or acrobatics to help him. Also how’s the BFR work exactly?

True, true. Even if the Man does get hit, the Oni will be summoned at the beginning of the fight due to the range gap as I said.

The BFR works like this: Once the enemy's body part is touched or attack is interacted with (once the Man or oni is touched or damaged), their soul is touched and they will immediately be trapped in the sword that the Man has and never come out. The Oni will never be damaged by Godzilla's attacks and so, it can instantly touch Godzilla's soul.

Look at this (from 1:51 to 2:00) but the Oni would instead be at the distance of the large rock directly behind Kai (or that medium-sized rock behind him) and immediately absorb Godzilla into itself, which would go into the blade, ending the fight from close/medium range with Godzilla being unable to resist.

True, true. Even if the Man does get hit, the Oni will be summoned at the beginning of the fight due to the range gap as I said.

The BFR works like this: Once the enemy's body part is touched or attack is interacted with (once the Man or oni is touched or damaged), their soul is touched and they will immediately be trapped in the sword that the Man has and never come out. The Oni will never be damaged by Godzilla's attacks and so, it can instantly touch Godzilla's soul.

Look at this (from 1:51 to 2:00) but the Oni would instead be at the distance of the large rock directly behind Kai (or that medium-sized rock behind him) and immediately absorb Godzilla into itself, which would go into the blade, ending the fight from close/medium range with Godzilla being unable to resist.

So the best The Man can hope for is an Incon since both die if we’re assuming The Oni acts even after his death.

Wait so he can just trap someone the second their attack touches him? How is anyone ever supposed to deal damage then? And what about Atomic Breath coming out of Godzilla and not being attached to him?

But his maximum distance listed is Tens of Meters while Hundreds of Meters is its own thing. The Man has no answers to Atomic Breath so there’s not much of a way he does this without dying himself.

The Oni would act as a wincon for the man and thus give the Man the win. It will act after his death.

The Oni works like this:
  1. If the Oni gets attacked, it will absorb the soul of the attack, nullifying the power for a while. If it gets attacked by the Atomic Breath, Godzilla will not be able to fire any more of those for a while (1 minute or more). The soul of the attack means its identity or spirit within the user. That is power null on the spiritual level (of which the Oni already has).
  2. If the Oni is in medium range or touches a body part of the target, it will absorb the target into itself which will go into the Sword that the Man has. If not, then the target's soul will also be absorbed without resistance. This is both the BFR and Soul Manipulation/Absorption.
  3. The Oni is a being who is incorporeal and requires non-physical interaction to actually damage or interact with him.
  4. In addition, the Oni can just use Dōjikiri Yasutsuna: Golden Ray to attack Godzilla with Type 3 Light Manipulation and potentially erase Godzilla from existence if his soul is already damaged.

Last edited:
The Oni would instantly absorb the soul of Godzilla even if he gets squished because it will act independently of the Man (it comes from his sword which can't be destroyed). Furthermore, the Man can't die unless he lets himself be killed or unless he kills himself
(as the Man has type 3 madness when in close range with his sword), possibly instakilling him.
Even if the Man was to "die", he would just will himself back to life even if erased from existence (he did when his lieutenant died and he was erased from existence on the spiritual level at that time)
Once the enemy's body part is touched or attack is interacted with (once the Man or oni is touched or damaged), their soul is touched and they will immediately be trapped in the sword that the Man has and never come out. The Oni will never be damaged by Godzilla's attacks and so, it can instantly touch Godzilla's soul.
  1. If the Oni gets attacked, it will absorb the soul of the attack, nullifying the power for a while. If it gets attacked by the Atomic Breath, Godzilla will not be able to fire any more of those for a while (1 minute or more). The soul of the attack means its identity or spirit within the user. That is power null on the spiritual level (of which the Oni already has).
  2. If the Oni is in medium range or touches a body part of the target, it will absorb the target into itself which will go into the Sword that the Man has. If not, then the target's soul will also be absorbed without resistance. This is both the BFR and Soul Manipulation/Absorption.
  3. The Oni is a being who is incorporeal and requires non-physical interaction to actually damage or interact with him.
  4. In addition, the Oni can just use Dōjikiri Yasutsuna: Golden Ray to attack Godzilla with Type 3 Light Manipulation and potentially erase Godzilla from existence if his soul is already damaged.
So he has multiple ways to target the soul (including instant soul absorb), resurrection, immunity to being killed by anyone other than himself, various existence erasure methods, sealing, type 3 madness (even just being near the sword??), unbreakable sword and a summon which cannot be touched at all. Pretty much all of these are against the rules I set for the tourney. I also looked through the profile multiple times and don't really remember seeing any of them, so what the heck? I'm unsure if I can continue to allow The Man in the tourney if he has even a fraction of this stuff for real. Some of it is okay by the rules in moderation, but all of this doesn't seem to have much restriction. Doesn't bode well for Ansen either, I hope she's not like this...

Bit late to the party, but there’s a lot of things I think should be said.

There is nothing on the mans’ profile, or at least in this key, that gives him ANY regeneration at all, let alone High Regen. Even in the notable attacks section, there is very little detail on Oni way of death, and all it says is that it can absorb souls. There is absolutely nothing indicating that it’s something that’s a part of the man himself, so going off the details given on the profile, at best this will be incon, and that’s assuming all of this is true, which I can’t check, since the source material for the verse isn’t public 👀
Furthermore, Godzilla can keep firing Atomic Breaths at him and since he is alive, he will easily have enough lifting strength to throw him about.
So it’s just reactive evolution? There’s zero indication on the mans’ profile that he does that, at least in his key. The man is clearly tiered at Class 25, no “Higher with absorbing attacks” or anything, so I have no idea where that comes from.
Yet again, Supernatural Willpower does not mean High Regeneration, which he clearly doesn’t have on his profile. Enhanced Senses & Extrasensory perception would help, but Godzilla’s range and area of effect is so great that it wouldn’t help the man for very long, especially since he lacks flight and/or acrobatics. He doesn’t have statistics amplification, so he can’t just blitz Godzilla, especially under speed equalization.
Didn’t you say he could will himself back to life above? ^ That’s very contradictory to what you’re saying, which is why I believe you are purely just making things up so the man can win. What’s stopping him from reviving (allegedly, since he doesn’t have any regen on the key used here) if he dies from atomic breath? Couldn’t he just do that for every fight? You are heavily sugarcoating this🗿

I’m not pointing fingers, but along with being contradictory to the original content of the profile this is not very well aligned with the rules of the tourney at all.

You are saying a lot of things that both aren’t on the profile itself, and we also have no way to fact-check any of this, since the source material for the verse seemingly isn’t public. If you do have statements for that, then why weren’t they added in the first place? Surely you know we’d need the context for an ability like this

Most of this is in his powers and abilities. I expanded on them here since Minty asked for them.
  1. With Supernatural Willpower, the Man willed himself to live (he was already erased from existence by this point) He came back to life. It is on his base stats along with Enhanced Senses which will allow him to sense when Godzilla will be charging up an attack. THIS POWER IS FOR HIS LIVING COUNTERPART VIA SUPERNATURAL WILLPOWER (which is his essentially just Resurrection for him), SO YES, HE CAN KEEP WILLING HIMSELF BACK TO LIFE.
  2. Even if the Man dies (keep in mind, he is alive), as long as the Sword is around (which can be damaged but never fully erased from existence due to it being linked with the Oni), he can return. It can be destroyed but it cannot be erased from existence once the Oni is summoned.
The Sword
  1. The sword can only be damaged if the Man dies (which he will, as we've established).
  2. The Dojikiri Yasatsuna can affect the soul and cause the concept of madness to override someone at close range, and so anything it has can also do so (including the Oni).
  3. Powers of the Sword: Soul Manipulation and BFR with Illusion Manipulation as well as Madness Manipulation (Type 2/3 - When in close range. In addition, when looking at the blade, a golden dragon appears glaring at the opponent, breathing fire near them, only to be beheaded in an instant as the notion [concept] of madness overtakes them)
The properties of the Oni: Fire Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement, Power Nullification, Non-Physical Interaction, Absorption (Via Oni Way of Death: Golden Destruction). In addition, it can absorb souls as mentioned in the Notable Attacks Section.
  1. The Oni will be summoned as that is the only ability he has access to with his blade, the Dojikiri Yasatsuna aside from the Golden Ray, which is a beam of light.
  2. The Oni is a corporeal being who has non-physical interaction. It can't be damaged since it can only be interacted via non-physical interaction (hence the reason why it has non-physical interaction to begin with).
  3. The Oni can affect the soul in close range if it has touched a body part or if his been affected by an attack. If the soul of the attack is removed, that is power nullification (which it has already). If the Oni has touched a body part, it will be able to absorb the soul of the target (since the body part is connected to the target) and they can resist but it will usually be near-instant.
  4. The Oni is his only wincon since it can only be damaged by entities with non-physical interaction.
  5. As I have repeatedly said, Godzilla has no resistance to soul manipulation of any degree and since the Oni has non-physical interaction, it could interact with the sky or any intangible surface once in medium range or having touched Godzilla's body part (as it would keep moving, irrespective of the Man's death) and absorb Godzilla's soul, and therefore Godzilla into itself, which would then go into the sword, trapping Godzilla within forever (hence the BFR).
  6. As described within the Sword section: At close range, when looking at the blade, a golden dragon appears glaring at the opponent, breathing fire near them, only to be beheaded in an instant as the notion of madness overtakes them.
The properties of Golden Ray (Light Manipulation):
  1. The light Manipulation is used as a beam to damage someone or erase them from existence only if their soul is damaged.

Also, his lifting strength is Infinite whilst Alive. I am quite surprised why or how anyone didn't catch that. Class 25 is when reincarnated which he is not in this vs battle. His alive self is the Blue Lane version and ONLY the Blue Lane version.

I can't make this any clearer but the Oni is the Man's only wincon. It cannot be damaged since Godzilla has no form of Non-Physical Interaction or Soul Manipulation and so the Oni will eventually move through the Atomic Breaths (after having shut them down via Power Nullification) and absorb Godzilla within medium range or after having touched its body part (s)).
Basically, Godzilla loses with high-difficulty because of the Oni and solely because of the Oni. Because of that, the Man wins as the Oni comes from the Man (it is summoned by him).

And no, Ansen is not worse as I've repeatedly explained in the 6-B tourney.

Last edited:
How can The Man win if he’s dead and he has nothing to will back to life? Like said, the best we can get is incon.

With Supernatural Willpower, the Man willed himself to live (he was already erased from existence by this point) He came back to life. It is on his base stats along with Enhanced Senses which will allow him to sense when Godzilla will be charging up an attack. THIS POWER IS FOR HIS LIVING COUNTERPART VIA SUPERNATURAL WILLPOWER (which is his essentially just Resurrection for him), SO YES, HE CAN KEEP WILLING HIMSELF BACK TO LIFE.
It just says he “Willed himself to live” on his profile. That doesn’t mean he can will himself BACK to life. In the context of its description, that sounds a lot more like willing himself to not off himself rather than something akin to self-reviving. If it was, surely resurrection would be on the profile? 👀
  1. Even if the Man dies (keep in mind, he is alive), as long as the Sword is around (which can be damaged but never fully erased from existence due to it being linked with the Oni), he can return. It can be destroyed but it cannot be erased from existence once the Oni is summoned.
So it’s just abstract existence from a sword? That also should be on the profile if that was true, and yet, it isn’t, so that can’t really be applied.
Powers of the Sword: Soul Manipulation and BFR with Illusion Manipulation as well as Madness Manipulation (Type 2/3 - When in close range. In addition, when looking at the blade, a golden dragon appears glaring at the opponent, breathing fire near them, only to be beheaded in an instant as the notion [concept] of madness overtakes them)
Would that even work on Godzilla? He’s seen plenty of Golden Dragons, Like King Ghidorah, and he’s used to facing intimidating things all the time. It doesn’t seem to be anything supernatural that could just intimidate anyone either. Any normal dude irl would be terrified if a golden dragon randomly appeared in front of them, but for Godzilla, it’d be on a blade he could barely see, it’s something very similair to stuff he’s fought off before, plus the man and the blade are, again, so tiny compared to him. No conceptual manipulation to show such a case of supernatural usage either.
  1. As I have repeatedly said, Godzilla has no resistance to soul manipulation of any degree and since the Oni has non-physical interaction, it could interact with the sky or any intangible surface once in medium range or having touched Godzilla's body part (as it would keep moving, irrespective of the Man's death) and absorb Godzilla's soul, and therefore Godzilla into itself, which would then go into the sword, trapping Godzilla within forever (hence the BFR).
The man lacks resistances to all of Godzilla’s abilities too. Even if we assume the sword can’t be touched, Godzilla can still vaporise him by doing this or boiling the area around him by doing this, and with the man’s lack of heat resistance and clear-cut resurrection/High regeneration in his powers & abilities page, he can be fried just as quickly as he could use any wincon himself.
Also, his lifting strength is Infinite whilst Alive. I am quite surprised why or how anyone didn't catch that. Class 25 is when reincarnated which he is not in this vs battle. His alive self is the Blue Lane version and ONLY the Blue Lane version.
Don’t give me that. That LS value is on another key which isn’t even 6-B. You submitted his blue lane key which is clearly defined as Class 25, not “Class 25, Infinite whilst Alive”. Surely, with how detailed your profiles are, you’d catch that yourself and fix it? 👀 Even then, wouldn’t that just make him 3-A or High 3-A if he can exert that much force? that is obviously not allowed in this tourney either.
I can't make this any clearer but the Oni is the Man's only wincon. It cannot be damaged since Godzilla has no form of Non-Physical Interaction or Soul Manipulation and so the Oni will eventually move through the Atomic Breaths (after having shut them down via Power Nullification) and absorb Godzilla within medium range or after having touched its body part (s)).
I can’t make this any clearer, but… the man doesn’t even open with the oni to begin with 🗿

It says on his “Standard Tactics” section that he will always open by doing this:

“Minamoto typically defeats his opponent with immense speed and even when against opponents at the same level of attack power and speed, he always comes out on top, typically by slicing their head off as he also usually fights for the kill, rarely if ever sitting idly by.”

While he does take an aggressive stance, nothing was ever said about the oni itself. It’s explicitly said that he always goes for slicing heads, which won’t work thanks to Godzilla’s skin, durability, and ways to defend. Plus, If he’s so used to taking out opponents that quickly, would he even think to use it against Godzilla? He doesn’t have info analysis so I doubt he’d overestimate him and would want to use the oni way of death anyway, especially considering he seems to have been up against a wide variety of opponents before too.

And it gets even worse at this part:

“He rarely uses the Shadow Sword but when he does, he usually decimates the opponent with immense speed and precision.”

So this tells us that, basically, the man doesn’t even use his best stuff off the bat, which should go for the oni way of death too. Since usually everything on the profiles is the stuff that are meant to be used, this means that the man using the oni way of death immediately like you say is extremely out of character, particularly with no mention of opening with it at all, and with even better things at his disposal, he still rarely uses them since he’s so used to winning conventionally 🗿 Once again, I’m not pointing fingers, but I think this is an extreme example of trying to claim a character would do something they really wouldn’t, especially with the lack of ability to initially know about Godzilla’s actual threat to him.

So, you are not only trying to claim that the man has aaaaaalllll these over abilities that you never mentioned, which most are most certainly not on his profile, but you also seem to be taking him extremely out of character. 💀

Last edited:
Phew, that was pretty long, but I think I should give a proper analysis on this fight based strictly on the profiles information, naturally, so no funny business with making up powers that aren’t on them 👀

Cities in general are Godzilla’s playground, so he’s pretty used to brutal and lengthy fights in them. I imagine he’d start off with a High 6-B atomic breath, but the main problem for the man wouldn’t be the AP of it, he’d have to watch out for the radiation from it mainly, which works at a quantum level. Regeneration could help him recover from that, especially since he wouldn’t be constantly exposed to it as it’s a contact thing, but he evidently lacks that on his powers & abilities section. Meaning that if Godzilla lands a clean shot, he’s done for.

So, the man’s only option would be to either dodge or strike first before Godzilla somehow. The former option isn’t really feasible, given that the man doesn’t even have flight, and not even acrobatics in his arsenal, which makes dodging attacks difficult, especially with how large Godzilla’s attacks are gonna be.

To be fair, The man definitely seems very skilled for his verse, while Godzilla is obviously more akin to a feral animal, but he’ll likely be outclassed by Godzilla’s range, durability, and ability to kill him in an instant if he lands one hit on him, along with the man having little to no experience with fighting opponents way larger than him. How are you gonna cut through skin that can withstand forces at least 14x stronger than you can swing your sword at full strength? 👀

So the man’s only potential option would be to try to win immediately with his best stuff, but as we know from his profile, it’s extremely unlikely he’d use his instant-kill moves like the oni way of death straight away. He likes to win a fight quickly with a conventional decapitation, which isn’t possible due to how hard Godzilla’s skin is, not to mention his higher durability and capability to simply blast him away or vaporise him like this due to both the man’s both inferior LS and lack of heat resistance.

Even if he did use the oni way of death right off the bat (for some reason, since he doesn’t even like using his overpowered stuff right off the bat, like the shadow blade) it’s questionable whether or not it would work, especially since the madness manip is not evidently achieved by supernatural means, plus the reasons below:
Would that even work on Godzilla? He’s seen plenty of Golden Dragons before, Like King Ghidorah, and he’s used to facing intimidating things all the time. It doesn’t seem to be anything supernatural that could just intimidate anyone either. Any normal dude irl would be terrified if a golden dragon randomly appeared in front of them, but for Godzilla, it’d be on a blade he could barely see, it’s something very similair to stuff he’s fought off before, plus the man and the blade are, again, so tiny compared to him. No conceptual manipulation to show such a case of supernatural usage either.
The instant decapitation thing is also likely because of the man taking advantage of their paralyzed state. I mean, he literally blitzes people all the time casually, and even if it was part of the effect, there’s still no guarantee it could work on Godzilla without any evidence for it, like, hijacking the mind and forcing them to go crazy or something, which is what I mean by supernatural means. Even then, Godzilla will be quick to fire his atomic breath as well, so even if that does work, there’s no guarantee the man lives either, so that would be incon.

That said, I’m voting Godzilla for his much more reliable and more in-character wincons. Even if you are being generous, the mans’ wincons seem comparatively unlikely to me, especially since the man wouldn’t have any way to defend against Godzilla’s radiation beams, Sheer AP, and Area of Effect from the information I have from his profile regardless of skill. Godzilla is a unique opponent 🗿

The funny thing about this is this:
  1. The Blue Lane is the first arc of my story? Why on earth would I write the Man (the main villain) fighting a large kaiju creature?
  2. Secondly, he had knowledge of every opponent he was fighting and he was fighting AT CLOSE RANGE and in the building he was located in.
  3. Thirdly, his standard tactic of "Minamoto typically defeats his opponent with immense speed and even when against opponents at the same level of attack power and speed, he always comes out on top, typically by slicing their head off as he also usually fights for the kill, rarely if ever sitting idly by." only ever applied to human opponents (especially considering this is the first arc of my story so he only is going to fight humans).
    1. Mind you, it bears repeating that every opponent of his (with one exception) was human so his standard tactics still apply to human-based opponents. Against non-human opponents who are the size of Godzilla, these wouldn't apply.
  4. Fourthly, he has only ever used the Oni way of Golden Destruction once. I elaborated on it for the purpose of Minty understanding it.
    1. The Oni also has power nullification on the spiritual level and non-physical interaction. As I have already said, once the Oni power nulls Godzilla irrespective of range, that is it. The Oni will never be damaged no matter what Godzilla does, and then he can just fly over to him and instakill him via soul absorption as Godzilla has no resistance to Non-Physical Interaction or Soul Absorption.
  5. Next, against an opponent he has no knowledge of and considering the distance, Minamoto will immediately summon the Oni, as that is his best chance of winning aside from just spamming the Golden Ray (which is something he will do and actually does in character), an attack that will damage Godzilla's soul and once it damages him spiritually, he will be able to erase him from existence rather easily, regardless of the 100m range. Keep in mind that even though that attack doesn't have Existence Erasure with it doesn't mean that the Light Beams won't eventually erase Godzilla from existence.
  6. Even if he dies, because the Oni will have absorbed Godzilla's soul and then him, the Man will win automatically because of the fact that the Oni comes from his sword which he wields. Its just like how Ansen's White Snake will give her win even if she herself dies.
  7. As long as the Oni is around, the Man will automatically gain the victory, as I have just said even if he himself dies since the Oni is an extension of his being via the Sword. In addition, the Oni could just... revive him through Supernatural Willpower.
    1. The Man was erased from existence on the spiritual level and still "returned to life" via Supernatural Willpower which means he will constantly return to life no matter how many attacks Godzilla does.
  8. If you really do say that Godzilla will instakill him, the Man will be able to immediately analyse the fact that he has some form of nuclear radiation and then purposefully summon the Oni to go in close and force the literal concept of madness and fear to override Godzilla's mind and soul, immediately killing him and then absorbing him. This is consistent because he fought Satoshi, someone who has VERY similar nuclear abilities to Godzilla and was able to dissect everything about him in mere moments after seeing him. There is nothing stopping him from doing the same to Godzilla.
    1. He can also make the Oni have the properties of the Dojikiri Yasatsuna (since it comes from the Sword) and one-shot Godzilla through either soul-damaging light manipulation or instantly absorbing him from medium/close range. The Oni is the only wincon the Man has and Godzilla will never be able to damage it, giving it the chance to absorb him from medium/close range as consistently explained since it could just power null him and then... one-shot him.
  9. Finally, I was extremely rushed and stressed during the time I made the Man's profile. And no, I'm not making anything up. This all comes from the Blue Lane and the times he uses the Oni + Light Beam.
  10. I will never make my story public due to the private info associated with my story that makes sure I'd never want to release it.

Last edited:
Phew, that was pretty long, but I think I should give a proper analysis on this fight based strictly on the profiles information, naturally, so no funny business with making up powers that aren’t on them 👀

Cities in general are Godzilla’s playground, so he’s pretty used to brutal and lengthy fights in them. I imagine he’d start off with a High 6-B atomic breath, but the main problem for the man wouldn’t be the AP of it, he’d have to watch out for the radiation from it mainly, which works at a quantum level. Regeneration could help him recover from that, especially since he wouldn’t be constantly exposed to it as it’s a contact thing, but he evidently lacks that on his powers & abilities section. Meaning that if Godzilla lands a clean shot, he’s done for.

So, the man’s only option would be to either dodge or strike first before Godzilla somehow. The former option isn’t really feasible, given that the man doesn’t even have flight, and not even acrobatics in his arsenal, which makes dodging attacks difficult, especially with how large Godzilla’s attacks are gonna be.

To be fair, The man definitely seems very skilled for his verse, while Godzilla is obviously more akin to a feral animal, but he’ll likely be outclassed by Godzilla’s range, durability, and ability to kill him in an instant if he lands one hit on him, along with the man having little to no experience with fighting opponents way larger than him. How are you gonna cut through skin that can withstand forces at least 14x stronger than you can swing your sword at full strength? 👀

So the man’s only potential option would be to try to win immediately with his best stuff, but as we know from his profile, it’s extremely unlikely he’d use his instant-kill moves like the oni way of death straight away. He likes to win a fight quickly with a conventional decapitation, which isn’t possible due to how hard Godzilla’s skin is, not to mention his higher durability and capability to simply blast him away or vaporise him like this due to both the man’s both inferior LS and lack of heat resistance.

Even if he did use the oni way of death right off the bat (for some reason, since he doesn’t even like using his overpowered stuff right off the bat, like the shadow blade) it’s questionable whether or not it would work, especially since the madness manip is not evidently achieved by supernatural means, plus the reasons below:

The instant decapitation thing is also likely because of the man taking advantage of their paralyzed state. I mean, he literally blitzes people all the time casually, and even if it was part of the effect, there’s still no guarantee it could work on Godzilla without any evidence for it, like, hijacking the mind and forcing them to go crazy or something, which is what I mean by supernatural means. Even then, Godzilla will be quick to fire his atomic breath as well, so even if that does work, there’s no guarantee the man lives either, so that would be incon.

That said, I’m voting Godzilla for his much more reliable and more in-character wincons. Even if you are being generous, the mans’ wincons seem comparatively unlikely to me, especially since the man wouldn’t have any way to defend against Godzilla’s radiation beams, Sheer AP, and Area of Effect from the information I have from his profile regardless of skill. Godzilla is a unique opponent 🗿
Thanks for replying but the Man will immediately summon the Oni or just analyse Godzilla's physiology using both his Enhanced Senses, ESP and supergenius level of intelligence. The Oni will win for the Man via BFR or Soul Absorption and non-physical interaction.
The Shadow Sword is restricted because then, the Man would actually just one-shot in too many ways.

That said... the Man can also use the Golden Ray to one-shot Godzilla.
He used it against the Bakunawa, a creature who was as large as the Earth and upon doing so, he did do "some damage" but that was in the Green Lane sooooooo but there's nothing stopping him from spamming that attack on Godzilla's gills over and over which would constantly damage his soul and eventually end him.

Last edited:
The Oni also acts instantly (much like the Man) so it will absorb Godzilla by doing things like touching the sky and absorbing Godzilla from there irrespective of the distance (the Oni cannot really be destroyed since its a spirit and it has non-physical interaction) and unless Godzilla can damage the sky, he can't win. Because the Oni absorbs Godzilla nor can it actually be damaged (since it, once again, can't be interacted with but can simply end Godzilla by touching the sky and absorbing Godzilla as I just said), the Man wins because the Oni comes from his sword.
Kinda broken for tourneys, sealing with unlimited distance, the arena isn't a vacuum, and characters typically don't have soul manip resistance

This is sealing tho, nowhere to be found on his profile

The soul absorption and manipulation is through Godzilla lacking resistance to soul manipulation as well as through the innate properties of the Sword and Oni.
The soul absorption counts as BFR since Godzilla would be sealed within the sword. That is the BFR which also counts as Sealing for the Man (I didn't add since I was rushed and stressed as mentioned above). And the Oni can seal from medium or close range as I have said or if he touches the sky or something intangible via non-physical interaction.

The soul absorption and manipulation is through Godzilla lacking resistance to soul manipulation as well as through the innate properties of the Sword and Oni.
The soul absorption counts as BFR since Godzilla would be sealed within the sword. That is the BFR which also counts as Sealing for the Man (I didn't add since I was rushed and stressed as mentioned above). And the Oni can seal from medium or close range as I have said or if he touches the sky or something intangible via non-physical interaction.
How can opponents without soul manipulation resistance escape from the sword?

Thirdly, his standard tactic of "Minamoto typically defeats his opponent with immense speed and even when against opponents at the same level of attack power and speed, he always comes out on top, typically by slicing their head off as he also usually fights for the kill, rarely if ever sitting idly by." only ever applied to human opponents (especially considering this is the first arc of my story so he only is going to fight humans).
  1. Mind you, it bears repeating that every opponent of his (with one exception) was human so his standard tactics still apply to human-based opponents. Against non-human opponents who are the size of Godzilla, these wouldn't apply.
Well, I mean, He still doesn’t hold back against humans, so I imagine he’d do the same for Godzilla, since he definitely wouldn’t hold back at all, and even then he still seems to go for conventional decapitations, even though he isn’t holding back lol. Plus, The standard tactics section is the best measurement we have for common patterns that characters take anyway. I get that it doesn’t account for characters the size of Godzilla, but it’s also made clear he won’t hold back either way, which gives me the impression he’ll attempt to do the same thing her normally does when he’s at full strength, especially since he doesn’t seem to use it against the bakunawa, which is way larger than Godzilla. More on that later.
Fourthly, he has only ever used the Oni way of Golden Destruction once. I elaborated on it for the purpose of Minty understanding it.
  1. The Oni also has power nullification on the spiritual level and non-physical interaction. As I have already said, once the Oni power nulls Godzilla irrespective of range, that is it. The Oni will never be damaged no matter what Godzilla does, and then he can just fly over to him and instakill him via soul absorption as Godzilla has no resistance to Non-Physical Interaction or Soul Absorption.
The power nullification part lacks elaboration on the profile, and I once again can’t fact-check any source material. You’re supposed to put all this info in and tell us about it BEFORE, not AFTER. The information on the profile is what we go off of.
Next, against an opponent he has no knowledge of and considering the distance, Minamoto will immediately summon the Oni, as that is his best chance of winning aside from just spamming the Golden Ray (which is something he will do and actually does in character), an attack that will damage Godzilla's soul and once it damages him spiritually, he will be able to erase him from existence rather easily, regardless of the 100m range. Keep in mind that even though that attack doesn't have Existence Erasure with it doesn't mean that the Light Beams won't eventually erase Godzilla from existence.
Considering how skilled and experienced the man seems to be, since he’s the leader of the blue lane, he likely would have had plenty of fights where he lacks knowledge of his opponents, and yet above, you’ve clearly said he’s only ever used it once 🗿 It clearly sounds like something he is extremely unlikely to use, just as his standard tactics suggests, so even if we assume all of that is true, It’s no guarantee that he uses it.

1. Even if he dies, because the Oni will have absorbed Godzilla's soul and then him, the Man will win automatically because of the fact that the Oni comes from his sword which he wields. Its just like how Ansen's White Snake will give her win even if she herself dies.
  2. As long as the Oni is around, the Man will automatically gain the victory, as I have just said even if he himself dies since the Oni is an extension of his being via the Sword. In addition, the Oni could just... revive him through Supernatural Willpower.
None of this is on the profile, so it can’t be used, and also sounds a lot like stuff that is barred from the tourney, since if that is actually true, the man will just do this to all his opponents and sweep 🗿
If you really do say that Godzilla will instakill him, the Man will be able to immediately analyse the fact that he has some form of nuclear radiation and then purposefully summon the Oni to go in close and force the literal concept of madness and fear to override Godzilla's mind and soul, immediately killing him and then absorbing him. This is consistent because he fought Satoshi, someone who has VERY similar nuclear abilities to Godzilla and was able to dissect everything about him in mere moments after seeing him. There is nothing stopping him from doing the same to Godzilla.
No conceptual manipulation is listed on the mans’ profile at all either.

Satoshi doesn’t even have a profile 🗿 Plus, In his blog post, satoshi is much more heavily focused on mythology stuff. Why would nuclear radiation need to be there? The man didn’t even use the oni against satoshi according to the summary either. The only time he’s used it is against the head family, so if the nuclear stuff is true, then that’s no reason for the man to suddenly go out of character and use the oni 🗿🗿🗿
  1. Finally, I was extremely rushed and stressed during the time I made the Man's profile. And no, I'm not making anything up. This all comes from the Blue Lane and the times he uses the Oni + Light Beam.
What do you mean ‘rushed’? From the time you submitted the man (June 25th) and now, you had 2 weeks to patch it up, and you didn’t 🗿

If that’s true, then you’d know that the oni violates the tourney rules (Basically sweeps the tourney) and yet you didn’t say anything in the original thread. In fact, you tried to give the man his 2-A and extremely haxed shadow sword, though venefica caught that and barred it, which gives me the impression you aren’t being truthful about the abilities of the man, even now. So why should I take this as a fact even though you knew you’d need to describe it on the profile?
I will never make my story public due to the private info associated with my story that makes sure I'd never want to release it.
Why would you put private info in a story? 🗿
Thanks for replying but the Man will immediately summon the Oni or just analyse Godzilla's physiology using both his Enhanced Senses, ESP and supergenius level of intelligence. The Oni will win for the Man via BFR or Soul Absorption and non-physical interaction.
The Shadow Sword is restricted because then, the Man would actually just one-shot in too many ways.
Not according to his past fights. Even against satoshi, who you claim has nuclear radiation and has s**t loads of hax on his blog post, The man didn’t even use the oni against him. No indication of that. If he doesn’t even use it against threats like him where he most definitely has to go all out according to the summary, then why would Godzilla be any different? Just cause he’s really big? 🗿 Even if we assume everything you are trying to claim about the oni is true, it doesn’t sound very in character for him from what I’ve seen.

Where does the supergenius tier come from? He’s gifted in this key, which won’t help him, especially if he gets blasted by the atomic breath 🗿
That said... the Man can also use the Golden Ray to one-shot Godzilla.
He used it against the Bakunawa, a creature who was as large as the Earth and upon doing so, he did do "some damage" but that was in the Green Lane sooooooo but there's nothing stopping him from spamming that attack on Godzilla's gills over and over which would constantly damage his soul and eventually end him.
I don’t know that. All it says on his profile about the bakunawa is that he sliced its moons, zero indication of the oni being used. Plus, didn’t you just say he used it only once? Going from what you said, that makes only time he used it was against the family head according to the profile, not the bakunawa. So even while against something way larger than Godzilla, he still didn’t use it. This is what I’m trying to tell you, and you’re ignoring all of it 🗿

Back