• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R1M3] Vene's Country Class Tourney: SMBZ Mario vs Tomura

Original Tourney Thread
Tourney Bracket
Votes
CharacterKeyVotes

SMBZ Mario

2006 original series0

Tomura

Complete0
Inconclusive0

Welcome to VeneficaAuthor's Country Class Tourney! In this tourney 16 country class heavyweights are competing for a special championship. There can only be one champion, so may the strongest win!

In the third match, it'll be SMBZ Mario vs Tomura!

Rules
  • 100 meters starting distance with equal speed.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Fight takes place in an endlessly expansive and empty/ruined city

Mario is at 6-B.
Tomura is at 6-B.

This is interesting. Mario can use his powerups to fly, so Shiggy can’t just immediately disintegrate him. However, Shigaraki still has great regeneration and has recovered from his whole body being burned, so that’s not too great an option for Mario unless he finishes the job entirely. Though I’m unsure if his heat really reaches Hellflame level. And of course he’s primarily melee, so he’s in range to be touched by Shigaraki and dusted. However, he’s highly skilled enough to give Shigaraki some issues, though quirks like Radio Waves, Rivet Stab, and Heavy Payload will cause big issues. Not to mention Shigaraki decimates in AP and LS.

I’m leaning Shigaraki for his unkillableness, quirks, and just overall tenacity to put Mario down.

Last edited:
Hold up, most of Mario’s stuff is optional equipment. I say just toss him it all for the best chance and him to not be stomped by Decay.

Mario’s optional powerups (if he has them) could definitely help close the AP gap most likely, especially with the superstar, though Mario still gets stomped in LS, so he’d have to be careful against shigaraki touching him and instantly winning, as Mario wouldn’t be able to escape from such a huge LS gap as that. Still, his insane agility might prove troublesome for shigaraki at first, which adaptability could help him against, although Mario’s accelerated development could counter any mutations too, so I think Mario could avoid being grabbed and being reduced to atoms

Still, shigaraki’s regeneration and sheer survivability would be hard for Mario to get around, although maybe his hammers could work with crushing his head to negate that, but I’m not sure how probable that’d be at an AP disadvantage. Mario has something with minor toon force at the same time though, so maybe they could be considered equals in that regard too.

Mario’s optional powerups (if he has them) could definitely help close the AP gap most likely, especially with the superstar, though Mario still gets stomped in LS, so he’d have to be careful against shigaraki touching him and instantly winning, as Mario wouldn’t be able to escape from such a huge LS gap as that. Still, his insane agility might prove troublesome for shigaraki at first, which adaptability could help him against, although Mario’s accelerated development could counter any mutations too, so I think Mario could avoid being grabbed and being reduced to atoms

Still, shigaraki’s regeneration and sheer survivability would be hard for Mario to get around, although maybe his hammers could work with crushing his head to negate that, but I’m not sure how viable that’d be at an AP disadvantage.
I’m confused as to where Mario’s AP is. The page says Country+ but I can only find a calc at 8 teratons while Shigaraki scales to 53.5. Also Shigaraki has dealt with Deku whose agility and danger sense should be more difficult to handle than Mario’s kit. Especially since he took the whole Gearshift beating for 5 minutes straight and still fought for like an hour after. Crushing his head is a wincon, but seems greatly unlikely.

I’m confused as to where Mario’s AP is. The page says Country+ but I can only find a calc at 8 iterations while Shigaraki scales to 53.5. Also Shigaraki has dealt with Deku whose agility and danger sense should be more difficult to handle than Mario’s kit. Especially since he took the whole Gearshift beating for 5 minutes straight and still fought for like an hour after. Crushing his head is a wincon, but seems greatly unlikely.
I think country level+ comes from his stat amps from powerups, even though there’s no canon Multiplier that I can find , but I guess it makes sense if you think about it, since either way Mario can close the AP gap to some degree with em, plus his accelerated development making him stronger against more powerful threats than him

Oh yeah, fair, but Mario’s accelerated development might change that if the fight goes on long enough, since he can get much stronger and faster against superior opponents like the koopa bros pretty darn quickly.

The hammers can be used in a danmaku-like way, at least according to the profile, so while Mario is at an AP disadvantage if we assume he’s baseline country level+, if he can last long enough it wouldn’t be too bad to the point that it’d be impossible to crush shigaraki’s head, although I’m pretty sure shigaraki has dealt with danmaku or other hard-to-avoid attacks before at the same time. It’d be tough given shigaraki’s skill, but if the fight is lengthy it’s definitely possible

I think country level+ comes from his stat amps from powerups, even though there’s no canon Multiplier that I can find , but I guess it makes sense if you think about it, since either way Mario can close the AP gap to some degree with em, plus his accelerated development making him stronger against more powerful threats than him

Oh yeah, fair, but Mario’s accelerated development might change that if the fight goes on long enough, since he can get much stronger and faster against superior opponents like the koopa bros pretty darn quickly.

The hammers can be used in a danmaku-like way, at least according to the profile, so while Mario is at an AP disadvantage if we assume he’s baseline country level+, if he can last long enough it wouldn’t be too bad to the point that it’d be impossible to crush shigaraki’s head, although I’m pretty sure shigaraki has dealt with danmaku or other hard-to-avoid attacks before at the same time. It’d be tough given shigaraki’s skill, but if the fight is lengthy it’s definitely possible
Looking at his AD, I think the first example took time which Mario won’t have in this case since he’ll be killed before he can grow. And the second example doesn’t really apply here. Not to mention Mario has no resistances to fear/illusions Shigaraki can make. Radio Waves also can do massive damage if they hit. Also it’s noted Shigaraki adapted to Gearshift which blitzed him before. Shigaraki has dealt with Deku who has massive AOE and Analytical Prediction plus his quirks which greatly improve his mobility, so hammer Danmaku shouldn’t do too much.

I’ll vote Shigaraki since he’s far stronger, more versatile, is far harder to kill, and can adapt faster than Mario can grow.

Look at his AD, I think the first example took time which Mario won’t have in this case since he’ll be killed before he can grow. And the second example doesn’t really apply here. Not to mention Mario has no resistances to fear/illusions Shigaraki can make. Radio Waves also can do massive damage if they hit. Also it’s noted Shigaraki adapted to Gearshift which blitzed him before. Shigaraki has dealt with Deku who has massive AOE and Analytical Prediction plus his quirks which greatly improve his mobility, so hammer Danmaku shouldn’t do too much.

I’ll vote Shigaraki since he’s far stronger, more versatile, is far harder to kill, and can adapt faster than Mario can grow.
Shoulda read bro’s profile again lol

Seems fair, I’ll vote him as well

Pretty sure Shiggy just stomps, Mario is entirely a close-combat fighter, so it's very likely he gets in to try to throw a punch and just gets decayed and dies, Shigaraki's regen along with his comparable AP (I think, what does Shigaraki scale to?) and ridiculous versatility makes it nearly impossible for Mario to deal any lasting damage, (Which Shigaraki more than has the stamina and willpower to just keep fighting through) let alone actually kill him, his heat resistance renders fire attacks completely ineffective, and even the stat amps provided by the Cape Feather and Super Star just get adapted to (Plus he doesn't usually lead with power-ups when he has them anyway, he fought Bowser in base for a while before using either power-up he had, which just makes this even worse for him)

Also, Mario's Country+ stats come from scaling to TMS surviving the Death Egg's collision with Mobius, which had similar effects to and is potentially comparable to the Chicxulub impact (Which is ~72 Teratons)

Pretty sure Shiggy just stomps, Mario is entirely a close-combat fighter, so it's very likely he gets in to try to throw a punch and just gets decayed and dies, Shigaraki's regen along with his comparable AP (I think, what does Shigaraki scale to?) and ridiculous versatility makes it nearly impossible for Mario to deal any lasting damage, (Which Shigaraki more than has the stamina and willpower to just keep fighting through) let alone actually kill him, his heat resistance renders fire attacks completely ineffective, and even the stat amps provided by the Cape Feather and Super Star just get adapted to (Plus he doesn't usually lead with power-ups when he has them anyway, he fought Bowser in base for a while before using either power-up he had, which just makes this even worse for him)

Also, Mario's Country+ stats come from scaling to TMS surviving the Death Egg's collision with Mobius, which had similar effects to and is potentially comparable to the Chicxulub impact (Which is ~72 Teratons)
Deku’s a close ranged fighter too though. And Shigaraki starts by decaying the ground so Mario would know not to grab him. Shigaraki scales to baseline 6-B+, so AP is actually in Mario’s favor. And he could win if he destroys Shigaraki’s entire body with hammer danmaku or energy blasts. I don’t think Mario wins, but I don’t think he gets stomped either if he plays it right.

Deku’s a close ranged fighter too though. And Shigaraki starts by decaying the ground so Mario would know not to grab him. Shigaraki scales to baseline 6-B+, so AP is actually in Mario’s favor. And he could win if he destroys Shigaraki’s entire body with hammer danmaku or energy blasts. I don’t think Mario wins, but I don’t think he gets stomped either if he plays it right.
Deku also went into their fight with knowledge on Decay and is a far better fighter than and has way more versatility than Mario's going in with, Mario may be stronger, but not by very much, (Only around 1.5x) and certainly not enough to destroy Shigaraki's entire body with blunt attacks. (The only energy attacks he has are in his star form and we never see him actually use them) Mario may be willing to kill due to SBA but he's still in-character, he's not going to start a fight by trying to crush his opponent's head, and with him starting in base and fighting for a while in base, him managing to completely destroy Shigaraki's body before even getting touched once is entirely unfeasible. The hammer "danmaku" isn't that great and certainly not "kill a comparable opponent past Mid regen without them even getting to touch me" good

Back