• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick Displacer Beast CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could argue why being good using one's natural weapons (or better than any other natural weapon) would qualify as martial arts.

Is that one last power Damage Reduction tho? Is kind of odd since its increases its resistances without quite altering the damage itself.

I'm fine with the first one tho.

Speed is fine, being good with a biological weapon isn't weapon mastery, and I'm not 100% sure if the damage resistance thing is usable on this site. Due to being pretty gameplay mechanic heavy.

I believe its "resistance to ranged attacks" is a form to represent that aiming at the creature is particulary difficult due to its light-bending aura.

Yeah, so it would just fall into it's natural illusion powers.

Hm aight, also in the speed scan there’s the feat Iron Will
Would that grant the Displacer Beast Supernatural Willpower?

Speed:
Should have a Higher rating due to Lightning Reflexes (Monster Manual 3.5e Page 66)
Agree
Martial Arts via Weapon Focus on its tentcle (Monster Manual 3.5e Page 66)
I disagree, a user good with his Biological Weapon shouldn’t be equated towards a Weapons Expert.
Adding a few abilities and changing speed for tier 8 Key:

Speed:
Should have a Higher rating due to Lightning Reflexes (Monster Manual 3.5e Page 66)

Powers:
Martial Arts via Weapon Focus on its tentcle (Monster Manual 3.5e Page 66)
Limited Damage Reduction as it only applies to ranged attacks (Monster Manual 3.5e Page 67)
Disagree FRA

Sorry, I’ll actually give a real reason;
All Weapons Focus is, as far as I know, is a +1 bonus on Attack Rolls. I don’t see how that would equate Martial Arts, I also don’t see how, unless I’m given further proof, that this would pass the definition of VsB Martial Arts;
Martial Arts is defined as different techniques of attacking and self-defense, with the purpose of physical and/or spiritual self-improvement.

Different Techniques attributing to that, based off a “+1 Attack Roll,” game mechanic.
Could you explain your argument for why it should be?

The +1 in this context would mean they’re in fact far more proficient in using this body part in combat then a regular being, this’s like how characters get a bonus for weapons they’re proficient in
Plus not to mention that this’s a blanket +1 to attacks with it so the Displacer Beast could attack in all sorts of ways with its tentacles and still get the boost which would basically function like multiple techniques

I mean

Being more accurate/exceptionally good at aiming attacks seems like Martial Arts to me, granted with an abnormal form

I'd rather put off this CRT being accepted until after Ovens' tournament at the very least even if that negates whatever matches they get, theoretically

But everything in it I agree with. Even if the Damage Reduction is ******* weird.

Well, yes, Will saves is what its used to resists few mental and supernatural effects; so it actually works as a [relative] resistance boost.

Well, yes, Will saves is what its used to resists few mental and supernatural effects; so it actually works as a [relative] resistance boost.
Okay and they have stronger wills in verse then so they'd get the power

Mm, I have understood that supernatural will was more than simply gaining resistance to few effects, otherwise we end up giving that to everyone that had resisted an attemp of empathic or mental inducement (and in that case, you could give it to every DnD character); but that other user in here confirms it.

Mm, I have understood that supernatural will was more than simply gaining resistance to few effects, otherwise we end up giving that to everyone that had resisted an attemp of empathic or mental inducement (and in that case, you could give it to every DnD character); but that other user in here confirms it.
I mean

Supernatural Willpower is having supernaturally powerful willpower

D&D's resistances (or at least, a large swathe of them) are based on overpowering things like, say, Soul Manipulation, via willpower

Iron Will amplifies this even further

It qualifies for Supernatural Willpower.

OK, if resisting stuff is enough then it's fine, but it would apply to all creatures, not only this one.

This'd be covered by Resistance Blog (Supernatural Will for everyone) so we can just put it here, creatures with Iron Will feat just have an even stronger one

Aye. Though creatures without a Wisdom modifier wouldn't receive it, given they wouldn't have the resistances afforded by Wisdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back