• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questions about laser dodging feats

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
If there are multiple feats of characters dodging laser fire, but each feat meets the criteria for the lasers being real in different ways, can they still be considered as real lasers?

For an example, say if one feat the laser reflects off of a mirror, but another one shows that the lasers were composed of photons, and the third one the laser refracts into liquid.

Would these lasers be considered real?

They come from different machines (the laser being the machine in this case). Each feat came from different lasers.
Did those machine get build/used by the same person/organization
Does the lasers break any of the lightspeed criteria( aka : does it bend/change speed/explode)

By default all your examples qualify since you said they are all lazers that come from a machine and move in straight lines which already checks off 2 requirements and the third one, such as refracting or stated to be photons then that already checks out the light speed requirements.

So lets see:
Pros: bends,refract on liquid,stated to be photons and comes from a machine

Cons: nothing

For what you describe they seens to fit the requirments almost perfectely

Can i ask what is the verse though?
The verse is Johnny Test.

I can list off the feats for you if you want.

Alrighty, I'll dig through your scans.

1: Nothing implies actual-laser.

2: Ditto.

3: These are specifically stated to be electricity.

4: Again, I don't see any evidence here. They shoot a laser, it burns the wall, that's it.

5: Their size ray reflects off of a mirror, okay, but this isn't actually a laser projectile. It's not even remotely similar to the other things, nor is it a "beam".

6: Size ray thing again.

7: Nobody dodges this. In fact it never even shoots. C'mon, man.

8: I don't see what you're getting at here, with this one.

9: Size ray, again, and it doesn't have any traits shown here that supports lightspeed.

Back