• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question on Regenerationn

Just a quick question. Is getting sliced in two at the waist Low-Mid or Mid? Also if its Low-Mid, what is it that makes a decapitation more lethal than bifurcation?

@FinalBattleX01

Decapitation generally tends to be treated as more lethal than bifurcation in fiction since the brain resides in the head. In theory, separating the head from the body, it's generally more difficult to get the body to coordinate and thus regenerate.

The brain, spine, and portions of the nervous system are still intact in some areas when bifurcated horizontally. Thus, most Regenerationn users around the Low-Mid range can pull themselves back together, but coming back from chunks is much harder.

@Reppuzan

Thats a bit odd though isnt it? The major thing here is that severing the spine completely separates the brain from the part of the body below the level of injury, but even when bifurcated at the waist, the head is still separated from your lower half making it just as hard to regenerate that part (as it lacks communication with the brain) as it would be to regenerate a similar injury to the neck.

I dont know if I'm making sense since I'm really not sure how to express what Im thinking of, but do you see my point... kinda?...

I see your point, but the brain is still able to send signals to the lower part of the torso, thus getting the cells to make moves to duplicate and thus regenerate.

However, should the brain be separated form the torso (at lest the neck down), it will be unable to send signals at all.

Try not to over-think this. It's fiction and it doesn't always make sense.

Well, what makes the lower torso more capable of Regenerationn than the base of the neck? I mean the spine is still there to send signals to regenerate. Hell, in characters who just re-attach the pieces of themselves, putting the head back on the shoulders would require less actual Regenerationn than putting a pelvis back on...

Meh, thats a fair point and probably the real answer to this question. Its fiction.

Back