• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Transduality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably transduality. It is possible that we should update the Tiering System page to use that word instead of non-duality.

It is probably best if you ask DarkLK, Azathoth, and Sera Loveheart to comment here.

Depends on the definition of non-duality.

For example. A genderless creature is neither male or female (a duality) but they are not transdual, just non-binary gendered. Without getting into a theological debate, Non-duality and Transduality are otherwise the exact same thing for our purposes.

There are basically no dualities and it has the power to disabled someone who embodies all Dualities itself. I don't think it's truly transduality.

Well encompassing all dualistic nature is Duality Manipulation/Embodiment. For us that could be concept manipulation.

Sera Loveheart said:
Well encompassing all dualistic nature is Duality Manipulation/Embodiment. For us that could be concept manipulation.
Well the reason the powers of someone who embodies all dualities was disabled because there was no dualities in it.

Transduality, Duality Transcendence and Non-Duality is exactly the same, all of them involve existing outside/transcending a dual/binary system. Gender Transcendence is just a sub-power of Tansduality.

Welp, 1-A characters are Omnilocked characters, so yeah, if you existing ouside of everything you also exist outside duality systems. I think Ajimu Najimi and Ga are transdual without transcending everything, but not sure.

BleedingPeach said:
Most 1-A seems like transdual to me. Being above dimensions turns one into a transdual being?
That's a common misconception. Not every 1-A is transdual as duality has nothing to do with dimensionality. 1-A is beyond all concepts of physics, of which duality is not a part of.

Dimensions = physical, mathematical, scientific.

Duality = theological, philosophical, conceptual.

Now those godlike unchanging 1-As are definitely transdual but they are few and far between.

The Lovecraft ones are very transdual and yet they don't seem very transdual for me. These things are pretty much above everything but Philip Lovecraft didn't used the term trascendental or transdual with them. The thing is that they are pretty much above a lot of things, not only physics. Not saying that your statement was false, Sera, but to remark the fact that it isn't necesary for a character to be stated as transdual by the author to be transdual.

They don't. You're right. I'm saying it has to have such descriptions. Like Masadaverse gods being the source of all concepts = transdual. I'm just saying that your baseline 1-A isn't automatically transdual because it's 1-A

Then does that mean that is an ampliphication in the AP or a hax? Basically a lot of beings are transdual but weaker than some of the non-trascendental ones and know the things that others think about it maybe make it will me think about these matters in different way. I always want to expand my knowledge (like that time that I watched "Inland Empire" from David Lynch or "Serial Expirements Lain")

@BleedingPeach amplification? maybe only hax and not AP. its only defensive ability after all.

the easiest analogy would be : transdual person won't 'die' if he's killed. since he can take refugee beyond two possible states of existence. if he's somehow 'killed' again? then he'd just take refugee on another state of existence. repeat ad infinitum.

Antvasima said:
Antvasima said:
Well, it might be more consistent if we use the word Transduality in the Tiering System page as well.
So are the rest of you fine with if I change the non-dualism term to transdualism in the tiering system page?
Oh, Ant, sorry for answering too late. I propose that we wait a little bit more for the changes in the system. At least a day or two. After that do what you think is necessary or right to your mind.

Well, in different threads DarkLK and Antoniofer both seem to have agreed with the word change for tier 0 in the tiering system page, so I already changed it.

Sorry but I have a question: could this be considered Transdual? My left eye isn't functioning well and I have a little problems for reading books (in this case is a PDF).

I have a question related to this topic: there are different levels of trascendence? Because, from my point of view, the things go like "you are trascendental or you are not". If we talk about being "more" trascendental than other character makes that a duality (more and less).

I'm afraid to tell tell you that this thread is long done and this is considered necrobumping. You can, however, create a new thread asking that. Meanwhile, closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back