• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about stomp threads

MrKerf

He/Him
So, I read stomp thread rules, and can't understand something. Does the rule "with the opponent having no chance to retort with their own abilities or statistics." include weaknesses of character in "statistics"?

Crimson Azoth said:
Not really. A stomp thread is pretty much when one character has 0% chance of winning.
Well, if one character has a oneshot option, and opponent cannot do anything because of his weaknesses? Basicly, while he has his weakness, he has 0% chance of winning. So the question is: should this thread be consider a stomp?

You should wait about eight hours after the last post before bumping a thread.

What Crimson Azoth said is correct.

Therefir said:
You should wait about eight hours after the last post before bumping a thread.
What Crimson Azoth said is correct.
Thanks. Yeah, I did bump automatically, sorry.

Graf Thorsdottir said:
I don't really understand what you are asking
In one battle there was an event, when I was saying that battle is a stomp, but I get this answer: "Your saying that him loosing due to being stupid with using his abilities makes this a stomp? Because that is not how it works." However character can do nothing because of his mindset which is a part of his weaknesses. So, does this battle, where he has necessary abilities, but can do nothing because of his mindset, and gets oneshoted, a stomp?

A mindset of not leading with hax is part of the character, unless restricted strictly for VSB purposes. Unless this character has passive hax (defensive or offensive) or some type of regen or immortality to survive THEN proceed to use offensive hax, it is indeed stomp

@MrKerf

What's your question?, Because the people above seem to have answered.

Back