• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about light

yeah so how do we calculate an energy of a light beam that contains enough photons that it has its own mass?

also what do we assume the attack speed or ability when light manages to penetrate the center of a psuedo black hole

Photons have no mass. At least not in the common rest mass sense. So regardless of how many photons you put into a lightbeam it won't gain mass. Hence you are dealing with an impossible object, which can obviously not be calculated. (And if you refer to mass in a sense photons can have mass, then any lightbeam would have that...)

For the latter, you ask of the conclusion of interaction with a not nearer defined object, so there is no answer to that either.

Photons have no mass. At least not in the common rest mass sense. So regardless of how many photons you put into a lightbeam it won't gain mass. Hence you are dealing with an impossible object, which can obviously not be calculated. (And if you refer to mass in a sense photons can have mass, then any lightbeam would have that...)

For the latter, you ask of the conclusion of interaction with a not nearer defined object, so there is no answer to that either.
So what ability could cause such 'phenomenons' that even break the laws of physics? Because its logical to assume that light in general don't follow the laws of physics which mind you could potentially bump anyone to FTL.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The same kind of abilities that create tangible light. Just some supernatural form of light manipulation or something.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The same kind of abilities that create tangible light. Just some supernatural form of light manipulation or something.
In physics, light generally are one of the only particles in existence to negate the logical laws of physics so I could potentially assume that Boboiboy's light manipulation is using the same principles as above explaining the weird phenomenon which shouldn't even exist.

That's like listing physics manipulation for magic, because it breaks the normal laws of physics.
So I would say no.

That's like listing physics manipulation for magic, because it breaks the normal laws of physics.
So I would say no.
Wrong. The verse in particular makes use of advanced technology that came from powerspheres which the ability to control light , solar and gamma rays that originated from gammabot which existed a few millennium ago or millions of years ago so I don't think this is 'magic'.

I'm not saying it's magic, I'm saying that just because you can break physics via whatever doesn't mean you have physics manipulation.
So let me reformulate: It's like listing physics manipulation for the feat of having a time machine or any other technology that should be impossible by our known laws of physics.

I'm not saying it's magic, I'm saying that just because you can break physics via whatever doesn't mean you have physics manipulation.
So let me reformulate: It's like listing physics manipulation for the feat of having a time machine or any other technology that should be impossible by our known laws of physics.
Hmmm...then could this be radiation manipulation? As it could also do.

Light Manipulation (by manipulating electromagnetic radiation)
Particle Manipulation (by manipulating particle radiation)
Causing explosion (by releasing large amounts of energy at once)

Last edited:
I get the feeling it is something like Kizaru's. It's probably something like Energy Projection. Explosion Manipulation is fine if it is consistent and not just because a specific reaction. Dunno about radiation manip.

On a side note, does the pseudo black hole has an actual black hole characteristics?

I get the feeling it is something like Kizaru's. It's probably something like Energy Projection. Explosion Manipulation is fine if it is consistent and not just because a specific reaction. Dunno about radiation manip.

On a side note, does the pseudo black hole has an actual black hole characteristics?
Yes it negates durability , it sucks things in and cannot be destroyed with any physical powers. Also the light beam even without interacting without touching the opponents flesh and hit their equipment causing it to overheat and burn the target instead through possibly infra-red or gamma radiation

Last edited:
Back