• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about how feats calculations works

So inverse square law was the method used to calculate the feat? Can this be used to calculate any shaking feat like shaking the earth for example?
I'd assume so. Though I think KLOL knows exactly when and what things like this apply. You could ask him? But I'd assume radiated waves would apply yeah.

So inverse square law was the method used to calculate the feat? Can this be used to calculate any shaking feat like shaking the earth for example?
Yes but im pretty sure most of time isn't necessary, but with IS Law they calculated atmosphere if im not wrong

I don't get it so they used the Inverse scare law just to calculate the atmosphere?
the last time i checked on wikipedia they did something with atmosphere using the law, might gonna recheck

EDIT: wasn't a way to calc it but that:
"In 1663–1664, the English scientist Robert Hooke was writing his book Micrographia (1666) in which he discussed, among other things, the relation between the height of the atmosphere and the barometric pressure at the surface. Since the atmosphere surrounds the earth, which itself is a sphere, the volume of atmosphere bearing on any unit area of the earth's surface is a truncated cone (which extends from the earth's center to the vacuum of space; obviously only the section of the cone from the earth's surface to space bears on the earth's surface). Although the volume of a cone is proportional to the cube of its height, Hooke argued that the air's pressure at the earth's surface is instead proportional to the height of the atmosphere because gravity diminishes with altitude. Although Hooke did not explicitly state so, the relation that he proposed would be true only if gravity decreases as the inverse square of the distance from the earth's center."

Inverse square law is used for anything that expands in 2 dimensions as it propagates outwards. So stuff like the energy of a shockwave or explosion front, intensity of a beam of light, stuff like that.
For other shaking feats, you’d only use shaking if it’s achieved through something like a shockwave. If it’s something like stomping on a single object (like a planet) and causing it to shake, you’d just calc the energy to shake it. For the most part, you’d just use KE there.

I'd assume so. Though I think KLOL knows exactly when and what things like this apply. You could ask him? But I'd assume radiated waves would apply yeah.
DMUA already made a calc on shaking the Earth while Elizhaa made calcs on shaking pocket-dimensions and the universe and galaxies I think.

Back