• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about fire manipulation potency

Is there any way to quantify the potency of using fire manipulation to burn a human body to ash? I'd imagine that there is one usually, but in this case, we aren't given a concrete timeframe, and it's used against characters that are notably resistant/immune to fire manipulation. That being said, is there any way to place an AP rating for this feat, or is it a case of ignoring conventional durability, considering the fire does burn souls also.

Is there any way to quantify the potency of using fire manipulation to burn a human body to ash? I'd imagine that there is one usually, but in this case, we aren't given a concrete timeframe, and it's used against characters that are notably resistant/immune to fire manipulation. That being said, is there any way to place an AP rating for this feat, or is it a case of ignoring conventional durability, considering the fire does burn souls also.
Assuming you're reducing a human body to ash and not complete blood vapor, it's 9-A. Reducing to a bloody mist is also 9-A, and not much higher than being reduced to ash.

But if it's burning souls, then it's most likely blatant Dura Neg.

Assuming you're reducing a human body to ash and not complete blood vapor, it's 9-A. Reducing to a bloody mist is also 9-A, and not much higher than being reduced to ash.

But if it's burning souls, then it's most likely blatant Dura Neg.
Yes, it is reducing them to ash, as was pointed out in the scene. It is however, also specifically stated to "consume their souls", so maybe their bodies burning is a side effect of their souls being destroyed. So in that case, a specific rating wouldn't be necessary (since it's dura neg), or is it better to just add the 9-A rating, together with dura neg?

Also, if it is reducing them to vapor, what would be the rating in that case?

The most straight forward way to qualify the potency of fire manip is temperature.
Yeah, that would make sense. But unfortunately we're not really given any specific temperature in this case. Tbh this fire does seem to be more hax than pure AP, but it's hard to ignore the fact that their bodies were still turned to ash.

Burning souls is soul manip, it may ot nor able to negate durability, depending if the flames needs to harm the target first. As for how hot needs to be a flame in order to reduce flesh and bones to ashes, not sure, but our calculation assume its the same temperature used in cremations.

Burning souls is soul manip, it may ot nor able to negate durability, depending if the flames needs to harm the target first.
It does seem like it needs to harm the target first, but I'm not really sure about that, because the characters she was burning did state that they couldn't be harmed by conventional fire manipulation. Now whether that's down to resistance/immunity to fire manipulation, or just down to their durability, I'm not sure.

As for how hot needs to be a flame in order to reduce flesh and bones to ashes, not sure, but our calculation assume its the same temperature used in cremations.
What would be the AP for this? I did a quick calc, and got 9-B (1.8653366711311 * 10^6 joules), but I'm not really sure.

Temperature is 760 Celcius and little over 220*10^6 J; although, if the heat revisions happens, then disregards the last value (temperature is still valid, although I doubt that amount of heat is enough to instantly char humans).
Pretty sure the heat revisions are not going to nuke heat as AP, DontTalkDT was more or less planning to make a revision regarding where and when to distinguish between heat and blunt-force AP and some other extra stuff (Basically heat would be a separate form of AP from striking strength depending on a case-by-case basis but still AP regardless, but DT knows more in that regard). But well, his IRL work is currently putting that on hold ATM.

Last edited:
Quick follow up; would the potency of the fire be any different if it is able to instantly burn a body (or two) to nothingness?

If it's ashing someone down to their soul even though they're normally basically immune to high heat, that definitely dura negation. If you were hellbent on calcing it tho, you'd probably want replace the specific heat value used for human vaporization calcs for the specific heat value of asbestos or sumn, since that's basically a poster boy of fireproof materials. Don't quote me on that tho, I've never done a serious calc in my life

Back