• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Abstract Existence

So my character was stated to have become the Sea of Darkness itself, would this be Abstract Existence (Type 1)?

Kinda confusing cause I've seen multiple pages in the wiki saying people qualify for Abstract Existence in strange ways (For example, Krato is hope itself. Death from Puss and Boots is death itself) How would this imply the concept? And in the case of my character, would this be an abstract concept anyway?

I note that you're citing instances that are not AE1 (Death is AE2, as is Kratos).

Without further mechanics elaborating on it, it wouldn't seem to be either. You've provided only one scan, which says "she's the sea of darkness". Can she resurrect from it? Is she physical or is she literally made up of this abstract thing? Etc.

I note that you're citing instances that are not AE1 (Death is AE2, as is Kratos).

Without further mechanics elaborating on it, it wouldn't seem to be either. You've provided only one scan, which says "she's the sea of darkness". Can she resurrect from it? Is she physical or is she literally made up of this abstract thing? Etc
It's more of AE2 now that I think about it considering she embodies it. But the thing is I've seen many instances where the wiki uses things like Death stating he's literally death as him being the concept of death.. which is weird to me.

would this be AE1? Frost Queen Cookie and the other Legendary Cookies are one with nature, their powers coming from it and their physical forms being avatars. Nature, in the Cookie Run verse, is a metaphysical entity that creates the laws and fundamental principles that fuel the world, allowing it to continue to exist, and is also described to be a divine balance, with things like the feeling of coldness and warmth coexisting. Another facet of Nature, referred to as the Source, is a cycle that causes people to return to Nature and reincarnate into a new being

Ah, Cookie Run, you should ask @Ailamiona he's always envolved in discussions about the verse, given that special Cookies usually are manifestations of said Abstractions then perhaps it can be AE, but as I said, you should ask Aila
The wiki takes it as AE and its in our profiles, but why would someone being for example, death, be the concept of death? Or if someone governs darkness for example, why would this imply the concept?

The wiki takes it as AE and its in our profiles, but why would someone being for example, death, be the concept of death? Or if someone governs darkness for example, why would this imply the concept?
An Abstract Being doesn't need to be Conceptual, Conceptual beings are just an example of an Abstract entity.

*Abstract Existence is the ability to embody an abstraction, such as a concept, thought, or information, and being immortal thanks to it. This power has a variety of uses, ranging from a high degree of control over the abstraction and its manifestations, the aforementioned immortality, or even being unaffected by abilities that can't target the abstraction.

An Abstract Being doesn't need to be Conceptual, Conceptual beings are just an example of an Abstract entity.

*Abstract Existence is the ability to embody an abstraction, such as a concept, thought, or information, and being immortal thanks to it. This power has a variety of uses, ranging from a high degree of control over the abstraction and its manifestations, the aforementioned immortality, or even being unaffected by abilities that can't target the abstraction.
I know its not just concepts, but almost every profile related to Abstract Existence and Concept Manip has no mentions of concepts. If I govern death, why would I be governing the abstract concept? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just very confused.

I know its not just concepts, but almost every profile related to Abstract Existence and Concept Manip has no mentions of concepts. If I govern death, why would I be governing the abstract concept? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just very confused.
Depends of what "govern death" means, honestly that's case by case.

So is your issue with the Shrek profile, then? I'm lost.

Is your character an embodiment of an abstract thing, such that they can reform because that abstraction they're a part of still exists? AE Type 2.

Is your character physically an abstraction, to the point that interacting with them is the same as interacting with Hope, Evil, or Chaos? AE Type 1.

Death is regarded as being the first situation. He is an avatar or embodiment of Death as an idea or thing, and thus can return if killed. That is the precise beginning and end of that ability.

Is your character an embodiment of an abstract thing, such that they can reform because that abstraction they're a part of still exists? AE Type 2.

Is your character physically an abstraction, to the point that interacting with them is the same as interacting with Hope, Evil, or Chaos? AE Type 1.

Death is regarded as being the first situation. He is an avatar or embodiment of Death as an idea or thing, and thus can return if killed. That is the precise beginning and end of that ability.
So this would be AE Type 2?

This is type 1 right (accepted by the wiki, i just don't get it): Frost Queen Cookie and the other Legendary Cookies are one with nature, their powers coming from it and their physical forms being avatars. Nature, in the Cookie Run verse, is a metaphysical entity that creates the laws and fundamental principles that fuel the world, allowing it to continue to exist, and is also described to be a divine balance, with things like the feeling of coldness and warmth coexisting. Another facet of Nature, referred to as the Source, is a cycle that causes people to return to Nature and reincarnate into a new being

I don't know what the Sea of Darkness is. Is it an abstract thing (so, like an idea), and can she resurrect because she is an aspect of it?

...And is it an abstract thing lol?

If it isn't specified, that's really the main consideration. Whether or not the thing is abstract at all is absolutely necessary information.

Until specified, this is not Abstract Existence, no.

This is not about Kratos profile. Hope is an abstract thing in of itself. The "Sea of Darkness" is not inherently. So, no, this would not be Abstract Existence.

This is not about Kratos profile. Hope is an abstract thing in of itself. The "Sea of Darkness" is not inherently. So, no, this would not be Abstract Existence.
So? Sea Fairy exists as the representation of the sea. The wiki accepts that as AE Type 1. She exists as an avatar of the sea. Or "the law/principle of the sea"

Back