• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Psyker page: it has to happen

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter

Look at this page, and then tell me why in the ******* hell there isn't a Psyker powers page(I know the reason, don't worry).

Wanna see the fantasy side of things for this thing that can use ALL of the magic ever?

"Aethyr Manipulation (Lords of Change can use the Lores of Dhar, True Dhar, Tzeentch, & Petty Magic In the Realm of Chaos, Daemons can manipulate the Aethyr that makes up their realm[77]. Kairos' left head can use the Lores of Life, Metal, Light, and Heavens while his right head can use the Lores of Death, Beasts, Shadow, and Fire[78]. He's also said to know every spell in existence though requires preparation to use some of them[78]),"

You can literally have a section like that on his 40K side of things and things would be about 100x cleaner.

It's pretty much a no brainer as a universal power page. Some characters can literally just use/resist everything. Their resistance section alone makes my eyes bleed.

Not to mention Abaddon has literally already made one.

Criteria 1: at least 5 characters using it

Criteria 2: at least 10 powers

Warhammer has like, eh, 3 characters using it? And it lets you read minds and move forks or something.

Hard disagree

Criteria 1: at least 5 characters using it

Criteria 2: at least 10 powers

Warhammer has like, eh, 3 characters using it? And it lets you read minds and move forks or something.

Hard disagree
Kairos Fateweaver, Magnus the Red, Malcador the sigilitte, Emperor of Mankind, Ahzek Ahriman.

All 5 have pages and the list becomes bigger once you factor in the fact not everyone uses every lore like Kairos and can just use one or two like, most folks under every chaos God sans Khorne.

obviously i agree with this, especially since psyker powers (40k) and magic (fantasy) literally both use aethyr manip for their respective effects and are basically two sides of the same coin

I don't mind a psyker page, but not every psyker has the same powerset and just because one psyker can do something doesn't mean every psyker can as well.

If made clarification would be needed about what they can or can't do.

obviously i agree with this, especially since psyker powers (40k) and magic (fantasy) literally both use aethyr manip for their respective effects and are basically two sides of the same coin
Not quite the same. Pysker uses the the warp fully while magic mostly uses the refracted aspects of the warp which cokes from the warp gates

I don't mind a psyker page, but not every psyker has the same powerset and just because one psyker can do something doesn't mean every psyker can as well.

If made clarification would be needed about what they can or can't do.
I had a sandbox for some of the stuff. Obviously it's split between abilities but the major ones would be the ones from the Dark Heresy RPG since those abilities can be learned by pretty much any psyker can use them as long as they learn them and given most of the profiles we have are like top tier psykers, those major abilities would apply to them. Lesser psykers would probably just get whatever they're shown to be able to do, whatever they themselves or an equivalent model gets on the tabletop, or some basic/minor abilities that any psyker can use (minor psychic powers from the Dark Heresy rpg book).

Sandbox is here and it needs some fine tuning but this is pretty much what I have so far

I had a sandbox for some of the stuff. Obviously it's split between abilities but the major ones would be the ones from the Dark Heresy RPG since those abilities can be learned by pretty much any psyker can use them as long as they learn them and given most of the profiles we have are like top tier psykers, those major abilities would apply to them. Lesser psykers would probably just get whatever they're shown to be able to do, whatever they themselves or an equivalent model gets on the tabletop, or some basic/minor abilities that any psyker can use (minor psychic powers from the Dark Heresy rpg book).

Sandbox is here and it needs some fine tuning but this is pretty much what I have so far
Yeah, I think that's fine. Someone like Magnus who has statements about knowing a bunch of psyker powers would also qualify.

I have the page essentially ready on the sandbox but Blackcurrant was thinking of putting both the psychic page and aethyr manipulation page as one so I've just been holding off on actually making it a real page.

As someone working on a UES page for Marvel Magic's powers, believe me when I say that making these pages sucks and takes forever.

With that said, yeah looks like a page is warranted.

Back