• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype Multipliers

Status
Not open for further replies.

That’s the base virus before it has ever seen a host. Upon Mercer being transformed by the virus and waking up for the first time, we discovered his baseline abilities.

He is able to tank a missile, destroy a helicopter with a car, lift a helicopter and lift a tank. In addition to this, he’s stated to have burst through a two-foot steel door. Speed-wise, regular Evolved are able to lead James Heller in a foot race with maxed stats. So what am I getting at?

If you skip to 1:48, Mercer says when he closes his eyes he sees the memories of a thousand men screaming as he takes their lives. Memories being the operative word here, meaning he consumed 1000 men. Logically this means that if those thousand men were just regular humans as average Mercer was, then Mercer should have a 1000-fold multiplier from the end of the first game onward, since that is when it was confirmed.

The second multiplier is musclemass. The power is stated to be a 2x increase in power, and with a charged attack it reduces people to paste. However with musclemass boost, even a glancing blow is enough to reduce them to paste. The exact multiplier of this form isn’t stated, but it is stated to greatly increase the power over the baseline form. Another CRT thread suggests a 4x increase over baseline, but opinions are needed.

Last edited:
To be fair, there's also Elizabeth Greene, a Leader Hunter and 2 Normal Hunters in there as well for confirmed Consumes.

I could’ve went that route but it’s too complicated. Especially Greene who literally threw up and made Supreme Hunter.

Why wouldn’t it? The mechanism of consumption hasn’t changed, the virus just has a body now.

Multipliers aren't given like that, they need actual statements or are shown to be comparable to a multiplier that does have actual statements.

Also, giving a 1000x multiplier for such weak evidence is ridiculous, even 5x multipliers get far more scrutiny than this.

I disagree with the 1000× multiplier, unless it's directly stated that his power is multiplied by each person he absorbs, it's a big assumption to assume he's being multiplied by each person.

As for the second multiplier, if it's directly stated be a 2x boost then I don't have a problem with it.

I disagree with the 1000× multiplier, unless it's directly stated that his power is multiplied by each person he absorbs, it's a big assumption to assume he's being multiplied by each person.

As for the second multiplier, if it's directly stated be a 2x boost then I don't have a problem with it.
He only says something like “every thing you consume makes you stronger - you take their shapes and their memories”. It never explicitly stated how, but we’ve seen some things through feats and statements, such as Supreme Hunter saying he’d be able to withstand a nuke after he consumed Mercer while only being a few feet above it, or Heller consuming Mercer and being able to produce a devastator that could cover the size of Manhattan and consume every infected being.

If the virus could exponentially amplify the abilities of a regular human to superhuman levels, I don’t see why the virus wouldn’t be doing the same thing to them when it’s the same mechanism of action, rather than simply adding the strength of a normal human to itself. Plus Mercer literally saying “I am the virus” makes every time like the first time.

Last edited:
So every human he eats gives him a purely linear power addition and there's no multiplication going on there at all? Obviously if you add 1000 humans worth of strength addition-wise it's gonna be significantly stronger. No multipliers there.

So every human he eats gives him a purely linear power addition and there's no multiplication going on there at all? Obviously if you add 1000 humans worth of strength addition-wise it's gonna be significantly stronger. No multipliers there.
When you’re already high tier 9 / low tier 8, strength adding up 1000 humans worth of ap is infinitesimal in regards to power, not significant. 40 joules (low end human level) times 1000 is only 40,000 joules. Alex’s baseline feet of busting a 2-foot steel door is exponentially higher than that energy.

What I’m saying is if the virus consuming Mercer made his body superhuman levels, than that same increase in power is logically provided with every consumption provided the person is a normal human, which is why the multiplier is 1000 of his base strength.

He only says something like “every thing you consume makes you stronger - you take their shapes and their memories”. It never explicitly stated how, but we’ve seen some things through feats and statements, such as Supreme Hunter saying he’d be able to withstand a nuke after he consumed Mercer while only being a few feet above it, or Heller consuming Mercer and being able to produce a devastator that could cover the size of Manhattan and consume every infected being.

If the virus could exponentially amplify the abilities of a regular human to superhuman levels, I don’t see why the virus wouldn’t be doing the same thing to them when it’s the same mechanism of action, rather than simply adding the strength of a normal human to itself. Plus Mercer literally saying “I am the virus” makes every time like the first time.
I mean, the Supreme Hunter thing is right after he absorbed Elizabeth Green who's stronger than the humans he absorbed, the Heller thing...well he absorbed far more people after that, including the Supreme Hunter, Elizabeth Green, his...evolved? Was their name? All of those are stronger than regular humans, for what we know they granted the bigger power boost to Mercer and then Heller

He never consumed the supreme hunter. He did consume Greene and that will be part of his AP when he gets revised again but just using the humans makes it so much more simple.

Yeah, no, not buying this. There's no indication of consistent, linear multipliers here, hell there's not even a statement.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 98% sure this is why Alex used to be 7-C back in the day, before we decided that treating his absorption as a multiplier made no sense.

It’s not really a multiplier per se, but just how consumption works.

10-C Virus + 10-B Mercer = 9-A Mercer
10-C Virus (9-A Mercer host) = 9-A Heller

That’s how the virus works. That’s how it worked for Heller when he got the virus and that’s how it worked for the evolved. We’re shown what the virus can do to a regular human. What it does to two people is the same as what it does to one person, just in two separate bodies. It’s why Heller started off with the same level of strength and a similar plot as Mercer. You could even argue that Mercer infected Heller with a stronger version of the virus due to all the consuming he did.

But at the end of the day, we’re shown several examples (all the prototypes and all of the evolved) of how the virus exponentially empowers average humans, and this is no different than those singular individuals existing on their own, they’re just all in one body.

Last edited:
Thank you for helping out LordGriffin1000 and The_Wright_Way.

What are the conclusions here so far?

This widely seems to be getting rejected so far.

@RisingIons your OP literally says multiplier so no. It's not a multiplier as there are no direct statements of it being such. At most, all it is is Mercer getting unquantifiably stronger each time he eats something.

When you’re already high tier 9 / low tier 8, strength adding up 1000 humans worth of ap is infinitesimal in regards to power, not significant. 40 joules (low end human level) times 1000 is only 40,000 joules. Alex’s baseline feet of busting a 2-foot steel door is exponentially higher than that energy.

What I’m saying is if the virus consuming Mercer made his body superhuman levels, than that same increase in power is logically provided with every consumption provided the person is a normal human, which is why the multiplier is 1000 of his base strength.
Why? It's just adding more biomass.

You’re hung up over semantics. Anyway we’re shown all people infected with the Mercer virus, which is evolved tier and up, replicating baseline Mercer’s level of strength consistently across 2 games.

These are the facts:
10-C virus + 10-B Mercer = 9-A Mercer
10-C virus + 10-A Heller = 9-A Heller
10-C virus + 10-B to 10-A randoms = 9-A evolved
10-C virus + 10-B Elizabeth Greene = 9-A Elizabeth Greene
And Supreme Hunter which was made with some of the virus being 9-A as well.

What’s stated:
-1000 men consumed
-Everything you consume makes you stronger
-From the first game: “The virus didn’t just kill him, it became him; copied his body down to the genetic level. It became me.” -the virus talking about Mercer

-Also from the first game: “Because everyone I’ve killed - they’re in me. They are me.” -also the virus speaking
1:30

And from what we see, we’re shown what the virus is capable of after it consumes one person, through Mercer. It states it copied Mercer entirely, essentially becoming him. Not only that, but it says the same thing about everyone else that its consumed, meaning the virus isn’t just Mercer, but it’s also everyone its consumed. The same process that gave Mercer his powers is applied to everyone else that he consumed, Mercer is just the virus’s chosen identity. We see how others infected with this virus outside of Mercer are comparable to him in strength at his earliest levels.

This is the simplest explanation and it’s dictated by the storyline. The only “argument” is “1000x multiplier isn’t stated verbatim” ad nauseam. However the evidence is there. It’s simply the first feat of the game stated replicated 1000 times by the end of the game.

Last edited:
Literally none of this proves a multiplier, you understand that, correct? Just that it's a significant power boost.

Yes, you do need a statement of a multiplier for an actual multiplier. We don't assign multipliers via power ups if we don't know an actual multiplier for this. Also, 1000x multiplier for a 10-B going to a 9-A??? What?? The difference between just baseline 9-B and the tip of 9-B is roughly 1360. Absorbing 1000 people and getting power amps is by NO MEANS proof a multiplier, just that they can get significantly stronger by absorbing people.

So what are the conclusions here so far?

Literally none of this proves a multiplier, you understand that, correct? Just that it's a significant power boost.

Yes, you do need a statement of a multiplier for an actual multiplier. We don't assign multipliers via power ups if we don't know an actual multiplier for this. Also, 1000x multiplier for a 10-B going to a 9-A??? What?? The difference between just baseline 9-B and the tip of 9-B is roughly 1360. Absorbing 1000 people and getting power amps is by NO MEANS proof a multiplier, just that they can get significantly stronger by absorbing people.
I have no clue what you’re reading. By our wiki standards, low end human is 40 joules. His second feat is tanking a rocket which is over 30 million joules. That’s a 750,000x increase in energy.

“Also, 1000x multiplier for a 10-B going to a 9-A” You’re not comprehending what I’m suggesting. We see how strong a virus makes a human at the bare minimum through Mercer being consumed by it. This feat is stated by the virus to have been repeated by itself 1000 more times by end game. That is the statement.

Last edited:
I have no clue what you’re reading. By our wiki standards, low end human is 40 joules. His second feat is tanking a rocket which is over 30 million joules. That’s a 750,000x increase in energy.
But it doesn't mean that being infected is a 750000x multiplier.
“Also, 1000x multiplier for a 10-B going to a 9-A” You’re not comprehending what I’m suggesting. We see how strong a virus makes a human at the bare minimum through Mercer being consumed by it. This feat is stated by the virus to have been repeated by itself 1000 more times by end game. That is the statement.
All it means is that being infected is a massive power amp. Unless you're suggesting he gets a 750000x boost a thousand times, lmfao.

That is not how we use multipliers. Also following this logic the characters would be 4-A lol

My apologies, 750000^10 is what's 4-A, I made a typo. 750000^1000 is arbitrarily high into 3-A

You guys took a red herring and ran with it. Multiplying his base feats by 1000 would only make him barely 8-B.
That makes him consistent with calculations yet to be posted.

Just because the virus buffs a human to such a degree, it doesn't mean it's multiplying it. It's an unqualified boost in power. This stuff you're saying just means he gets "stronger" but adding a multiplier to that without any direct statement is an assumption especially when a multiplier of this magnitude is being used, it's just not how we do things here since things like this varies depending on the verse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back