• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

prototype AP and lifting strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
so before the forum move Callsign_Castle and I were trying to upgrade prototype's ap and lifting strength a tad and I want to continue that

From the Prototype powers menu:

"Charged Throw: CHARGE your throw before releasing for vastly increased range and power. Throw CHARGING is vital when engaging aircraft.

"Long Range Throw: Increase your object throw range; pick off opponents more than a block away when combined with TARGETING. Excellent against distant enemy groups, INFECTED HIVES or MILITARY BASES."

The average NYC block length is 80 meters, so 100 meters should be a safe estimate for "more than a block away".

"Musclemass Power: Increases strength twofold. THROWS go further and all STRIKE attacks carry more damage."

"Musclemass Boost: Greatly increase the damage of your MUSCLEMASS attacks, hitting for yet more increased damage with basic hand to hand attacks."

"Musclemass Throw: Greatly increase the range and damage of your MUSCLEMASS throws."

There's a certain interpretation of these power descriptions with in-game feats. For example, Musclemass doubles your baseline strength. So a long range throw (which would be his basic throw strength since CHARGED throw is a separate evolution) would throw objects for over two blocks away. A charged throw would be vastly greater than a long range throw. And the modifiers for this power provides an additional two increases.

However, how do we define words like "great" and "vast" in this context? The context of the basic Musclemass power leads me to believe all upgrades are greater than 2, as it plainly states it is a double boost, and doesn't use strong adjectives such as "great" and "vast".

this was the original argument by callsign.

So it’s been agreed on by most people that the second boost is too undefined to be anything more than a 3 fold increase to base strength which i disagree with.

It seem to be another 2x boost to the first increase as now any and all attacks combust human targets on impact which could only be achieved through a charged attack prior, the damage from basic attacks has also doubled and the throwing range has increased vastly too.

Which would mean that a fully upgraded muscle mass should give mercer a 4x boost to his lifting strength(putting end game P1 mercer at class K with the muscle mass and P2 mercer should be at least class K with muscle mass).

This would also effect his ap too boot.

P1 keys would just simply have higher with muscle mass as they are rather undefined (we just know that he is at least 9A and that is it).

While P2 keys would should have a high 8C with muscle mass as mercer has been portrayed to be at the very least twice as strong as the baseline 8C heller and with the muscle mass boost being at least 4x it would put mercer just a bit over baseline high 8C with muscle mass.

I also want to talk about the tendril barrage and devastators in general having higher AP then mercer or Heller since we see Heller bring down these lairs

to bring down something of this size it would at least require high 8C AP

Last edited:
This should wait until his tier gets revised with actual feats first, but a thread mod agreed on 4x on another thread.

well actually i would like to wait for the AP CRT to go through completely and then look at the multipliers

Also, if calculations have been accepted, the results can probably be applied.

Okay. Thank you for the replies. I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back