• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Profiles with two characters

Dragonite007

He/Him
I was browsing the website and I found this profiles:

And a question came to me: What are the criteria for two characters to share the same profile?

I ask this because I'm making a profile for two characters who will share the same profile

Last edited:
Interesting, I also wanna know how it would work. I recently read a book "Hearts of Heroes: Transistor", and the main character at one point gets nanorobots inside herself, and those nanorobots become sentient and even gets a soul by the end of the book they can change between both of them sharing the same body. That got me thinking how would it work, would it be like Iron Man and JARVIS/FRIDAY where only Tony counts or would it be a 2 in 1 profile?

Interesting, I also wanna know how it would work. I recently read a book "Hearts of Heroes: Transistor", and the main character at one point gets nanorobots inside herself, and those nanorobots become sentient and even gets a soul by the end of the book they can change between both of them sharing the same body. That got me thinking how would it work, would it be like Iron Man and JARVIS/FRIDAY where only Tony counts or would it be a 2 in 1 profile?
And I'm wondering about characters that kind of always hang out and fight together.

Like this:

Dragonite and I were wondering if a profile we planned to index of two brothers who always do things together could be merged into one.

Like the one above.

But I don't think we find rules about that.

I was browsing the website and I found this profile:

And a question came to me: What are the criteria for two characters to share the same profile?

I ask this because I'm making a profile for two characters who will share the same profile
Put this profile too.

And I'm wondering about characters that kind of always hang out and fight together.

Like this:

Dragonite and I were wondering if a profile we planned to index of two brothers who always do things together could be merged into one.

Like the one above.

But I don't think we find rules about that.

Put this profile too.
Done

I asked about this a while back, here's what I've gathered and what has worked for me.

If two characters exist in their story basically conjoined at the hip, lacking much individuality either in plot relevance or statistics, they should be on the same profile. Examples of this are Skid and Pump and Caroline and Justine.

Skid and Pump are right beside each other for 99% of their series and perform many of the same feats.

Caroline and Justine are two halves of the same person, just unfused. Before getting fused back, they're fought together and are basically only ever seen in the same room.

However, characters that are apart of a duo but are still characters outside of that get separate profiles. Examples are the many Ghostface duos and Mario/Luigi.

The Ghostfaces are all individuals with different motives, personalities, and sometimes even abilities and feats. They have team profiles though

Mario and Luigi, despite usually being right beside each other (mainly in the RPGs), are seen apart and have different powers.

TL;DR - If they're joined at the hip to the point they don't really exist as an individual story or stats wise, same profile. If they have an identity story or stat wise outside of the duo, different profiles, maybe a team profile

I was browsing the website and I found this profiles:

I asked about this a while back, here's what I've gathered and what has worked for me.

If two characters exist in their story basically conjoined at the hip, lacking much individuality either in plot relevance or statistics, they should be on the same profile. Examples of this are Skid and Pump and Caroline and Justine.

Skid and Pump are right beside each other for 99% of their series and perform many of the same feats.

Caroline and Justine are two halves of the same person, just unfused. Before getting fused back, they're fought together and are basically only ever seen in the same room.

However, characters that are apart of a duo but are still characters outside of that get separate profiles. Examples are the many Ghostface duos and Mario/Luigi.

The Ghostfaces are all individuals with different motives, personalities, and sometimes even abilities and feats. They have team profiles though

Mario and Luigi, despite usually being right beside each other (mainly in the RPGs), are seen apart and have different powers.

TL;DR - If they're joined at the hip to the point they don't really exist as an individual story or stats wise, same profile. If they have an identity story or stat wise outside of the duo, different profiles, maybe a team profile
I found this:
Pages that include 2 characters rather than one. This may be because one is powerless without the other, they are twins or they are both seen fighting together all the time, with no feats outside of their teamwork.
along with it:

Maybe for our Dragonite case. The characters are twins, practically all of them are a team and there is not such a great individualism between them.

I mean, I think they're less individual than these two.

It's case by case, but we usually give characters separate profiles unless there are notable duos, or trios who can't really be separated due to absolute dependence on each other in combat. But Gash Bell and Kiyo's case is that Gash can only fight if he has someone to use his book while Kiyo is just an ordinary human who can't really fight epic battles; so they basically need each other to fight similar to a Pokemon trainer and what not.

If the character have only ever shown to fight together then they can qualify for having both be in the same page, formatting would be a bit different than normal since you’d have to separate which abilities belong to which.

Do we have standards for this? I don't remember that while revising them. Would be cool to add it.

If the character have only ever shown to fight together then they can qualify for having both be in the same page, formatting would be a bit different than normal since you’d have to separate which abilities belong to which.
In the case of these here, there are skills together and separately.

But for example, it wouldn't be a problem to just have "ability" if the characters do it together.

For example, I think that all the characters that Dragonite and I are seeing, do all of their skills together. There is practically no individualism of having one power and another having another, the same thing for resistances or optional equipment, the characters are together in this case too.

In that case, it wouldn't be necessary to separate it?

Would a simple "Ability", "Optional Equipment" and "Resistance" be fine?

Do we have standards for this? I don't remember that while revising them. Would be cool to add it.
I don't know, I didn't delve into the page patterns page.

The maximum was what I put above.
Pages that include 2 characters rather than one. This may be because one is powerless without the other, they are twins or they are both seen fighting together all the time, with no feats outside of their teamwork.

Back