• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Solo leveling nerf

So my issue is that 5-B is given to basically every top tier based on
"It is said that Planets without magic can be easily destroyed if the Monarchs and the Rulers were to fight each other"...

Like, is there any context? Any supporting translations of the original text? Any specific feat?
Cause I'mma be honest i haven't read the LNs and through what i have seen in the manhwa the feats aren't really that grand... City level and stuff.
Is there any evidence for 5-B?

Cause I've been refused (along with many others) any form of 5-B or 5-A based on statements of "destroying the planet" or "Destroying the world" as that could be done overtime and or with far lower AP. I mean a world-wide earthquake is literally low 6-B and a few of these would take care of destroying civilization. Considering they could be fighting for a while, which is implied in the text itself, their non-5-B AP would be enough.

Anyways, here's the deal. Bring me feats. You have proper evidence of planet busting, a feat, maybe a manhwa feat from the latest chapters? Bring it in. You don't? Then it all gets nerfed. Cause a planet destruction, even specifically a planet, could be all the way down at high 6-A, which is nothing compared to the current 5-B. Please provide evidence.

Bruh this should've waited.

As much as it saddens me, yeah, Solo Leveling hasn't been touched in a long while and some shit needs to be changed. I'm currently re-reading the novel, so if I find any evidence for stuff I'll try and fix it. For now, I agree with this.

So i heard there was a jeju island shaking feat? Theoretically that could garner some good AP

But hey, I'm no calc person. The original calc for that was like 1 or 2 years ago so it could yield better results if we ask it to be recalced.

Eh, I can't find a shaking calc lol. That's all I could find.
Oof. The calc is damn weird in on itself. Either way let's wait for some feats in the manhwa and for now change the 5-B to at least 7-C+ or like high 7-C or whatever

Oof. The calc is damn weird in on itself. Either way let's wait for some feats in the manhwa and for now change the 5-B to at least 7-C+ or like high 7-C or whatever
We honestly shouldn't change anything until the fight between Jin-Woo and Antares ends. Antares already did a pretty good Tier 7 feat. Might even be tier 6.

Also, you know the verse is shit when Antares, a God-Tier who's even stronger than Monarch Jin-Woo, doesn't have a fookin' profile lol..

Destroying the planet sounds like an overtime thing. Taking so much time to wipe away life and bring armies into it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

The best AP feat is the statement that the Dragon Monarch, who is leagues above the other Monarchs, being able to burn down the entire Earth with a single breath:
0168-035.png

Webnovel:
It possessed an incredible aura that not even the combined might of every single Hunter in the world attacking together at the same time could even scratch. And then, that overwhelming pressure it emitted, something that might easily burn away everything in the world with merely a single breath. That creature possessed both of those.

So we can argue High 6-A based on surface wiping.
The issue is how do we rank the Rulers and weaker Monarchs?

Alright, so we've got some scaling for Antares and Jin-Woo if that's the case. But seriously, can't we like, back scale off of that feat? I don't know if we can since the other monarchs are like really weak compared to Jin-Woo and Antares, but it may work idk.

Seems like a flowery statement but it could work. I remember this being the same reason Novel Kirby didn't get his 6-B when a character they scaled above were stated to be capable to wipe out the country in a similar manner.
Overall i ain't sure. This could easily be an outlier considering the lack of proper feats that match that output.
I recommend calling mods to look at this situation.

This:
[It is as you suspect.] The Rulers did their best to rescue other worlds, but Earth was simply too fragile to host the battles between themselves and the Sovereigns. This planet with no magical energy couldn't endure against the mass-scale battles.
Didn't matter who won in the end between the Rulers or the Sovereigns, the result waiting for this planet remained the same. After going through several cycles of war and the destruction of the planet, the Rulers came to a drastic decision.
If saving everyone was impossible, then make sure that some would still survive and continue the life on this planet. -
And this:
In another world.
Light and darkness existed in an age where nothing else yet existed.
The Absolute Being split the light and created the Emissaries of God. As for the darkness, it was split to create eight Sovereigns.
Heeding the command issued during their birth, the Sovereigns born to destroy worlds and the Emissaries born to maintain the worlds began killing each other's soldiers over and over again.
I don't think they are just planet level considering it was stated he's the one who created the world of death which is infinite in size and Angels killing the absolute being who created their world.

Yeah, I've been pondering The Rulers killing The Absolute Being but I don't think that's enough evidence for scaling.

World is not universe in this context so yeah. Though the evidence could work as supporting evidencd, it's not enough by itself

"Hold up… Are you telling me that there's a limit to this 'Chalice of Rebirth'?"

[There are no such things as infinite power. Just as the Absolute Being capable of creating the universe was eliminated by his own creations, no power lasts forever.]

There was a hint of this tangible bitterness in his voice and that prompted Jin-Woo to turn his head towards the Shadow Sovereign before he had time to even notice it. - 220

I see... Idk at this point. Is there any more context? Cause it's obvious that people would say that this can be done overtime but it may let 5-B stay.
Is there any translations?

From what I remember there is no exact timeframe for The Absolute Being creating the universe, it's simply stated that it did.

Never read solo leveling but I heard their are some statement about infinite size which should make time frame irrelevant

This:
[It is as you suspect.] The Rulers did their best to rescue other worlds, but Earth was simply too fragile to host the battles between themselves and the Sovereigns. This planet with no magical energy couldn't endure against the mass-scale battles.
Didn't matter who won in the end between the Rulers or the Sovereigns, the result waiting for this planet remained the same. After going through several cycles of war and the destruction of the planet, the Rulers came to a drastic decision.
If saving everyone was impossible, then make sure that some would still survive and continue the life on this planet. -
And this:
In another world.
Light and darkness existed in an age where nothing else yet existed.
The Absolute Being split the light and created the Emissaries of God. As for the darkness, it was split to create eight Sovereigns.
Heeding the command issued during their birth, the Sovereigns born to destroy worlds and the Emissaries born to maintain the worlds began killing each other's soldiers over and over again.
I don't think they are just planet level considering it was stated he's the one who created the world of death which is infinite in size and Angels killing the absolute being who created their world.
No timeframe for the destruction; could take years. Also it unknown if the fortification is from a life-wiping threat or a planet-busting threat. Multi-continental is more than enough for life-wiping.

There is an issue with the line "In another world", which means that the creation took place in an other universe/dimension, and it is not neccessarily as big as the ones humans live in; it could be tiny, and then the Absolute Being sends his creation to duke it out in various planets in the already-existing much bigger universe.
Furthermore, it is possible for the creation to be environmental destruction, and that the Absolute Being is physically fragile.
I wouldn't say Ashborn's statement is entirely reliable either; the Absolute Being could easily falsely claim to be the creator of the universe humans live in to further his manipulation.

Sung Jin-woo is able to decisively win against all Monarchs except Antares in a 1 vs 1 when he still had the game system, which gave him a finite amount of Mana Points. Scaling with the World of the Dead also conflicts with the statement about infinite power not existing. So either the size of the World of the Dead is a hyperbole or it doesn't scale to him; sometimes characters can create pocket dimensions that contains the sun and a starry sky without being anywhere near Tier 4.

It was literally stated countless of times that a world with little magic would ended up being destroyed in an instant by the clash of the rulers, hence they literally had to inject a world with little mana with their own energy so it wouldn't be easily destroyed by their pointless war and you saying it'd take YEARS ¯\(°_o)/¯ but... I'm also good with multi continental to small planet considering it's a shared feat. But then again the beast ruler is stated multiple times to have a power capable of destroying an entire world so yeah, it's on his vs profile too. Anyway here:
[You dare…!! How dare you toy with me, the King of Beasts!!]
The Sovereign of Beastly Fangs activated Spiritual Body Manifestation and rapidly transformed into a gigantic wolf. Although, it was incomparably smaller than the one from the Shadow Sovereign's memories, perhaps owing to the fact that this wasn't the creature's original world. Still, the King of Beasts wielded enough power to destroy this world and then some.
And i don't really give a **** about absolute being, like you said he seems fragile as hell he might be just like scale to his creation, the rulers in durability or sum shit with 2-C creation.

You can argue for Universal Solo leveling if they have a universal power system via scaling to the creator.

There is literally statment of Antares's breath of destruction is capable of burning everything in the universe.Many of them will feel like hyperboles but 5-B for Sung is a must.Earth survived the Battle of monarch cuz jin woo strengthened with Giant monarchs mana.

Aight mates, bring scans, statements, possibly translations that prove it is actual universe and not world and you'd be set.
Lol where could I even get solo leveling raw.I Know where to look for japanese stuff but Korean raws,i don't know

As for burning the universe thingy
QThFClE_d.webp

Lol where could I even get solo leveling raw.I Know where to look for japanese stuff but Korean raws,i don't know

As for burning the universe thingy
QThFClE_d.webp
This works for supporting evidence for universal but it proves absolutely nothing concrete so oof

This works for supporting evidence for universal but it proves absolutely nothing concrete so oof
Lol, I'm not here to give anything concrete.You either agree or don't.I'm just giving info.

And from the looks of it the crt maker didn't actually read the novel and just made up a random crt saying Sung has to be downgraded without actually any concrete proof from himself and rather asking proof to defend Sungs 5-B rating.How is this even a valid crt?

Back