• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post-Serenity Sailor Moon Stats Clarification

@Ikanil: Just want to ask something here, but about the page that you linked, did it happen during Part 1, or after Part 1?

Also, the Silver Crystal blowing up a Star does not mean that said crystal is at its weakest state (according to the page that you linked); it just says that said crystal is capable of doing so.

However, we do not see any evidence that the Sailor Scouts fully scale to the power of the Crystal, other than the Crystal being stated to be able to potentially generate that much power (depending on how it is used).

• So the whole Moon level Silver Crystal thing (because it was powered by the Moon)? That's not the Silver Crystal's full power, because we do see later on in the series that the Silver Crystal is capable of much, much more in terms of feats.
But then the Silver Crystal seems to be capable of doing way more than just blow up a star, such as being stated to be infinite in power (as well as Chaos wanting to use it to re-create a new universe). However, these feats aren't shown in Arc 1 of Sailor Moon, but probably in the later arcs.

Basically: The Silver Crystal is said to be capable of blowing up a star...

• but it is later shown that the Silver Crystal is capable of doing much much more than that
  • feats displayed in Arc 1 contradict what is implied with the Star level feat, as when Queen Metalia threatened to cover the surface of the entire Earth at the time, it was treated as a big deal.

@Lina the declaration was produced in Part 1 (act 6 )

Good point also, we are also mentioned a High Universe level Silver Crystal but of course it is not at this stage.

I think the problem came above all from Luna's statement that mentioned that it depends on which have use, but it can Easily blow up a star so it does not necessarily say the basic power but something it could do

@Dodo: Blowing up a star is something that the Silver Crystal could do, but said power was only alluded, and not directly shown to us throughout the series (in the first arc).

• Unfortunately, it later does show that the Silver Crystal is capable of doing much more than that (such as being infinite in power, as well as Chaos planning to us it for Universe stuff), thus Luna's explanation of the silver crystal is something that the crystal is capable of doing, but there is no evidence that Sailor Moon used the full power of said crystal in the first arc,other than using it to destroy Queen Metalia, who only showed us a Multi-Continent level feat.
  • It would make more sense for Sailor Moon to be considered Star level if Queen Metalia was threatening to blow up a Star, and Sailor Moon destroyed it using the crystal. However, the best that Queen Metalia did/tried to do was just cover the Earth with her dark energy.
Basically, Sailor Moon did not use the full power of the Silver Crystal at this point in time, but only used said Silver Crystal to get rid of Queen Metalia, who was only shown to do a Multi-Continent level feat, thus sailor Moon would only scale to Metalia at this point in the series.

@Lina Shields

It was the corrected version of the page in the first arc where they said the Silver Crystal can blow up a planet. That scan is from the Kodansha release.

You make a good argument, though I do have a few more points to bring up. But I agree that I was wrong about star busting being its weakest form.

- When the Silver Crystal was revealed to be inside of Serenity, it released a light so powerful that it was mistaken by an intelligent individual to be a supernova from the brightness. I don't totally know if this is thorough but I think thats why she is currently labeled as being Star level. Since that was just a casual energy emission from the crystal.

- More to support this is that the Silver Crystal's power is often in the form of a bright light anyway. Ocassionally being a beam of energy aswell.

From what I understand about Metallia though is that she gains power through covering celestial objects and apparently absorbing their energy. When she covered the sun she gained Multi-Galactic+ levels of power to combat the original Serenity. So covering a planet and gaining star levels of power wouldn't be a total stretch.

When Luna described the power of the Silver Crystal by the way, it was in response to the threat of it being found by a normal human however. She also mentioned it could "easily" blow up a star, implying that wasn't even the extent of its power at that point. Its displayed as well that the Silver Crystal is more potent when used by Sailor Moon, going by how she unlocked its power through each battle she faced. I don't see exactly how it was contradicted she couldn't be using such a level of power going by Luna revealing that just a normal human could possibly do it easily and without knowledge of how it even works. And then Metallia having a similar situation of absorbing power and becoming a massively larger tier than the celestial object she covered.

I also want to add that the Infinite power stuff might be kind've sketchy to keep on the profiles. They are what source alot of the disagreements even though they are constantly repeated and proven to likely not be false.. sort of? She proves to actually be Universe+ when she manages to counter and take attacks from Chaos.

It also states that the pre-awakened senshi are building level, based on being inside a castle in another dimension. Perhaps that can be addressed as well, but then there's already a calc at somewhere else about it (unless someone would wanna re-calc it).

May be better Indicate:

Moon level Possibly Large Star level +

I will ask other people who have read the manga their opinions on it

Back