• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post-Crisis Flash (Barry Allen) Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Everlasting

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Note: These not my words, this is RouninOtaku who can't seem to be able to create a thread.

The page for Barry is really unmotivated and I would like to propose these additions/changes

Attack Potency: Likely Star level (Hasn't shown to be able to do the Infinite Mass Punch, but has shown the requirements to do so)

Speed: FTL movement speed, Massively FTL+ reaction speed (Can perceive events that last for less than an attosecond)

Stamina: High, Barry have rarely shown to be tired after running at high speeds for a long time.

Intelligence: High, is a forensic scientist and has great deducing skills and can even think at the speed of light. Weaknesses: Can get easily overwhelmed, emotional, and depressed. Barry can also get cut off from the Speed Force.

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

(Source is the DC Database Wikia)

Energy Construct Creation: Speed Force conduits can use the matter generated by their speed to create solid objects such as walls or bridges. This power requires constant concentration and reapplication of the construct for it to remain stable. Flash's afterimages are also construct creations.

Flight: Speed Force conduits can rotate their arms and spin their bodies like tops to achieve something of a kind of helicopter flight. However, with practice conduits can even achieve controllable flight if launched at high speeds. Despite their flight abilities they are always faster on their feet.

Phasing: Speed Force conduits can vibrate their molecules so quickly that they can achieve intangibility for short bursts allowing them to phase through objects.

Sharing the Force: Speed Force conduits can allow their friends or family members to run along side them at their equaled speeds. Certain conduits who may only have minor access to the Force may achieve full levels of the Force due to the main conduit's association with it.

Speed Force Aura: People who are propelled by the conduits during high speed situations can survive the harsh conditions associated with mach speeds. When the conduit must rescue an individual from a burning building these individuals will be protected while within the aura.

Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits that plant themselves on the ground and rotate their extremities can cause an incredible amount of wind to burst through their focused funnel. Most Speedsters use this ability automatically when they run reducing the air currents around their body to low enough levels to no longer inhibit their speed. Creatively, Speedsters can create tornadoes and gusts with their arms.

All the categories I didn't put on here are good as they are.

He faster than Supes on Earth, on Earth Supes doesn't go FTL cuz of the damage it would do because he doesn't have the friction protection like speedsters. The fastest he's ever gone on Earth was around mach 9000 IIRC. Barry is no where even close to 1.3 billion x FTL since he had trouble going FTL, Barry would be faster if he wasn't dead for over 20 years after Crisis on Infinite Earths.

I get why, I was too, but you have to understand he wasn't really meant to be the Flash before Flashpoint. Wally was supposed to be the main Flash Post-Crisis and he was the one who got extremely fast, the Infinite Mass Punch, the Speed Steal technique, etc. Barry doesn't have any of that, it was also stated Wally surpassed all the other Flashes.

The point of the matter still stands that no such destructive friction occured despite him moving at mftl speeds, there is a contradiction here.

That's because the writers never intended for him to move at that speed. Most of the time writers never intend to make them the speed that calcs put them at, for example the feat where Wally went 13 trillion x FTL is not at all what the writer intended. On the same page he puts that he's only moving a near the speed of light.

I suppose that this seems reasonable.

I am not sure. I would prefer to get more input first.

I personally think that he should get a MFTL+ speed rating based on the second feat that you linked to. He never really had the chance to show off his higher speed levels before the Flashpoint happened.

I do not think so. My impression is that the Flashes have perceptions proportionate to their running speeds. It would make no sense for the speed force to empower their minds more than their bodies.

Barry's mind is much faster than his running. Fastest he went Post-Flashpoint was 321 X FTL, but his reactions are in femtosecond timing. Also, he can focus the speed force on his brain to think at infinite speed.

Well, within that same page that you quoted, he stated that he can run swifter than time, which DarkLK stated was technically immeasurable speed for the Wally West Flash.

By running faster than time Barry meant he can time travel, and Wally ran to end of time to escape from the Black Flash because death doesn't have meaning at the end of time.

Yes, time travel by running. According to DarkLK, that is an immeasurable speed feat, although it is apparently not useful for combat purposes, which is why we rate Wally as having MFTL+ combat speed.

Maybe something like this: "Likely MFTL+, by scaling from the other Flashes. Possibly Immeasurable by running through time."

I don't see how he can be scaled from other Flashes since Wally has surpassed them all, Jay is only a couple thousands times the speed of sound, and Bart is also FTL like Barry. It's clear in Final Crisis Barry had trouble going FTL, if he was actually around for most of the Post-Crisis continuity he probably would've ended up being faster than Wally.

Okay then. "At least FTL" it is, I suppose.

@Rounin: I can try to do this. But do you want it as FTL or as what Ant said and put it as "At least FTL"?

Put everything I have on OP, except for speed put "At least FTL travel speed, and MFTL+ reaction speed (Can percieve events that last for less than an attosecond)" and have the links. Thanks!

No problem. Given the new stuff he has on his techniques section, i'll have to add those to his powers section.

One question tho. What about his durability? Keep it unknown?

Yeah, leave his durability unknown. Nobody really knows how much a speedster can tank because their healing kicks in right away.

@CrossverseCrisis Thank you for the help.

No problem, Antvasima. You check Barry's page in case you need to fix anything there but my work is done for here.

Now that that's been takened care of, i suppose this thread could be done and closed. Nothing to be discussed here AFAIK...

Yes, your changes seem fine. I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back