• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible way of bypassing Mind-Control Immunity

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
I've been thinking about this...Could there be a way to mind-control someone with mind-control resistence?

I have seen a possible case in a fiction I read...

The point of MC resistence is to block hostile signal to the mind, such mind attack or control. However, it doesn't block natural signal or reaction, like a character reacting to something they saw. For example, it won't stop a character from liking a movie they saw or being hungry at seeing a good ol' hamburger.

So if a character uses those "holes" in Mind Defense to "attack" the mind of such character, could it work?

Just as an example, a character is so attractive all those who sees them falls in love and becomes unable to attack. It isn't a direct attack of the character, just a state of extreme attraction to others and just uses the regular brain response at a higher level than usual.

It also depends on the severity of mind control (i.e. a master telepath like Professor X will poke wholes in someone's mind much more easily than a comparative novice like the girls from Zettai Karen Children).

It also depends on the type of resistance.

Misaka Mikoto for example, is immune to mind control via controlling electrical impulses due to the constant emissions of EM Waves from her AIM Field. However, it is possible to hack her by accessing her brainwaves through her clones, the Misaka network.

The concept of holes in one's mental defense is a pretty common trope actually, with those holes usually being traumatic or painful events in one's life. Harry Potter's Legillimency spell specializes in using these kinds of holes to torture someone or get information out of them.

Back