• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Tai Lung addition

In the first movie, Tai Lung is stated by Po to have mastered the thousand scrolls of Kung Fu.

This is important because in Legends of Awesomeness Po reads these scrolls himself, and is where he learns the Fluttering Finger Mindslip (the move Po used to have before it got removed) from one of the scrolls between 1 and 50. Shifu also says the scrolls needed to be read in the proper order, so Tai Lung couldn't have skipped the Mindslip scroll.

As a result, Tai Lung should theoretically have known how to do the Mindslip himself, and could maybe get Memory Manipulation added to him.

Scrolls 1-50 also contain the ability to perform invisible sneak attacks with the mind, which maybe qualifies as some form of mind manipulation or telekinesis, but its vagueness means I have to skip it.

Only problem ig is that in Legends of Awesomeness there are 10,000 scrolls and referred to as "the sacred scrolls", while in KFP1 it's just "the thousand scrolls of Kung Fu". But I think that can be written off as Tai Lung not getting to scrolls 1001 to 10000, or something like that.

Tl;dr Tai Lung gets possible Memory Manipulation via potentially knowing the Mindslip technique.

It being IC I don't wanna get into (although it probably isn't)

This is just arguing if he has it or not.

Why are we assuming these are the same sets of scrolls if they have different names and numbers (and are stored in different places according to the KFP wiki)? Does LoA say they’re the same ones Tai Lung learnt or something?

I guess you could argue that the Jade Palace contained two unrelated sets of kung fu teaching scrolls that both numbered at least 1000, but.
It does seem kind of far-fetched without assuming the thousand scrolls are just part of the sacred scrolls.

Update: Actually, yeah, looks like the thousand scrolls are stored in a separate place. Maybe the sacred scrolls are only for the Dragon Warrior, idk.

Either way, my bad. Maybe this should be closed in that case.

Back