• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Superman (Post-Crisis) speed and reflexes upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now i'm not sure if this feat has ever been discussed before, but i found a a interesting study conducted by Batman on how he thinks Superman's incredible speed actually works.

https://imgur.com/oAZbTVk

According to this Superman speed comes from him "repeatedly pierces the fabric of space-time, creating wormholes that exist for fractions of nanoseconds" and "gains speed as his halves distances in Planck time." as he creates a pulsing quantum channel.

This speed also applies to his reflexes, and Batman also theorizes that Superman has an enhanced form of reflexes that are so good, that his brain allows his body to react even before his snyapses have time to send signals to his body... meaning he moves before he can think about it.

So basically he has a permanent Ultra Instinct mode on, and can travel through space-time with ease. Now Batman does mention that this is a theory, but it does have a lot of material backing the claim, and it would be weird for DC to post something like this if there wasn't a hint of truth to it.. but what do you think? Does it drastically change his speed or does it remain the same?

"Planck Time" It implies Superman can move quatturodecillions of times c.

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times ftl.

I'm pretty sure it would drastically change his speed since the only Flash feat I know that is faster is a septendecillion times ftl feat I found while scrolling through the internet.

bump

this seems interesting but i saw people on g+ discussing and coming to the conclusion that this is jus tbatmans theory and shouldn't be considered since batman is trying to apply logic and stuff to his speed and failing since logic doesn't apply to them

dunno

I guess i could understand that, but it does seem weird that DC would put that much info on Superman's speed for just a throw away theory. That, and seeing how fast Superman already, it's not to much of a ridiculous leap.

I'll ask around to see what everyone else has to say though.

Jared1111 said:
That, and seeing how fast Superman already, it's not to much of a ridiculous leap.
I would love for Superman to become this fast.

I really would.

But vsbattle wiki currently has Superman at 315,000,000,000,000,000,000 times faster than light. Moving in Planck time is around 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times ftl.

It definitely is a ridiculous leap.

Well if thats the case, than i'd argue it actually matches up pretty well, especially if two of the smartest DC characters come to pretty similar conclusions.

I'll ask Matthew and Sandman about this.

It says he moves in plank time but it doesn't imply he like crosses huge distances in plank time. Though even if it's like 1cm he'd still be moving at ludicrous speeds.

I went ahead and tested how fast Superman would be if he moved one micrometer in Planck Time, and it came out to be 3.33564095198152028e+28 c.

33,356,409,519,815,202,800,000,000,000 or 333 octillion times ftl.

Man, what if we took that one illustration of Superman passing through the "quantum channel" literally, Like he actually only moves like, say, 6 or 8 feet in Planck time? How fast would that be?

Assaltwaffle said:
Planck time is just that: a time. Without knowing distance you lack half the formula for speed.
That is the biggest problem, as all it says it that he "halves distances in Planck time" and at best mentions that he can get anyone on earth in moments, so i'm not sure how it would apply.

Getting anywhere on Earth isn't impressive. You can lap the planet in 1/7th a second at SoL. Kinda hard to put a number on it unless the scan implies he covers he can traverse the glove in a Planck time.

Yeah I don't think the plank time thing is quantifiable. The whole explanation is self-defeating. The Wormhole / Space-Time Distortion thing is used to say that Superman isn't actually moving faster than light in normal space, and thus isn't breaking the laws of physics.

But then Batman says that Superman flies through Wormholes that stay open for less than a nanosecond, meaning whenever he's moving at these speeds in battle, or even in prolongued flight he's flying through a ton of these.

And he also says Superman can move in plank-time, and that his reactions are just as fast as his movement.

So basically, Batman's theory is that Superman isn't actually Faster-than-light, and he proves that by saying he is Faster-than-light without realizing it.

The reactions page is pretty outdated from what I heard. And I vaguely recall someone mentioning using Reaction time to calc speed was Calc Stacking. Anyway, Superman definitely scales to Wonder Woman's Quintillions of c feat, but the Decillions stuff is iffy. Not to mention the same guidebook says speed of light, nothing about how much faster. And "Travelling Interstellar distances in days" is only like millions of C.

> And "Travelling Interstellar distances in days" is only like millions of C.

Plus Superman has better speed feats like this or this

Yes, I know that. And the best one he currently scales to is Wonder Woman's speed feat. And there are plenty of other feats that are Billions of C from Green Lantern, Karate Kid, and Superman himself.

I guess that makes sense, though i'm curious about him being able to "move without thinking". Is that anything substantial?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Yeah I don't think the plank time thing is quantifiable. The whole explanation is self-defeating. The Wormhole / Space-Time Distortion thing is used to say that Superman isn't actually moving faster than light in normal space, and thus isn't breaking the laws of physics.
But then Batman says that Superman flies through Wormholes that stay open for less than a nanosecond, meaning whenever he's moving at these speeds in battle, or even in prolongued flight he's flying through a ton of these.

And he also says Superman can move in plank-time, and that his reactions are just as fast as his movement.

So basically, Batman's theory is that Superman isn't actually Faster-than-light, and he proves that by saying he is Faster-than-light without realizing it.
I think it was actually saying Superman can only move faster than light-speed in wormholes. Writers have did something similar to other characters. For example: Hal Jordan needs to go into warp or Flash needs the Speed Force.

Is there a reason this thread is still open? Seems concluded with question answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back