• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Slight Naruto Pre-Timeskip Speed Downgrade

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So I noticed on Naruto's file that his reason for his Hypersonic rating is due to this scan . Then my question is should we legit count that as a reason for a "possibly Hypersonic" due to the context of the statement. By the way Naruto is speaking he sounds like he is moreso exaggerating and is simply just, well hyped. Seems more like a throwaway statement imo. or more bluntly Hyperbole.

I bring this up now so that we do not hold a double standard here with the KHR stuff as we have a character who stated himself to be moved as lightspeed(with more "evidence" behind it than this.) Yet we have had many discussions on it by calling it and outlier and BS. I wanted to make sure we weren't pulling a Double Standard here.

The hell? Yeah, this should be just be taken off and i have no idea either for why THAT's on there.

I agree that this should be removed from both Naruto's page, and all of the pages scaled from it. If there are no better feats to scale from, they should get Unknown speed instead.

Joseph619 said:
Mach 5 looks like a joke statement. Gin's Mach 500 is more credible and that isn't accepted
Well the reason for that was because he later told (iirc) Aizen ye was lying. That's why it's not accepted.

Other than that it seems reasonable enough to proceed with the downgrade.

@Ant: They have a Supersonic+ rating from what Naruto's page says, so i don't see the point of giving them Unknown speed. Unless you mean it's from scaling from the "Hypersonic" statement above, then i can see why.

Anyways, it looks like the statement has been taken off of his Teen page. DK of the others but i'm gonna presume they had the same done for them too.

Okay. If we have something else to scale from, that is better of course.

Back