• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Mario Cosmology upgrade discussion.

Okay I've been sitting on this content revision for a while now or well it's more of an idea of crafting one. The CRT is about the size of the Mario multiverse and the Possibility of moving it up a tier. It's never felt like the right time to actually put in the effort to make the explanation, So I'm asking if I would be interested in discussing it. I don't want to put effort into it if there's another Mario CRT being attended too.

I’m not exactly sure on saying there’s infinite paint to the endless space, not only does the Paint thing come up almost 10 years after Super Paper Mario released but also the mechanics of such a thing, not only is it unconfirmed if Paint dream, but does this Outer Space World have paint in the first place?, what exactly counts as a individual in the Paint?, is each Star it’s own Paint being?, is the black space 1 or multiple pieces of paint, is all paint actually the same being?

does the Dream Worlds even connect to the entire multiverse or just the main one?

I’m not exactly sure on saying there’s infinite paint to the endless space, not only does the Paint thing come up almost 10 years after Super Paper Mario released but also the mechanics of such a thing, not only is it unconfirmed if Paint dream, but does this Outer Space World have paint in the first place?, what exactly counts as a individual in the Paint?, is each Star it’s own Paint being?, is the black space 1 or multiple pieces of paint, is all paint actually the same being?

does the Dream Worlds even connect to the entire multiverse or just the main one?
To continue onto this, the arguments that Paint dream are based on the idea that Fish in Mario sleep therefore dream, even though even in real life we don’t really know if Animals dream in the first place, even if they sleep, some call it even unlikely, plus Fish do actually sleep in real life, just not the same way as mammals

we also don’t really have confirmation that there dreams, if they do dream, are added to the dream world places anyway

My explaination for a Mario Cosmology upgrade is that due to the Nature of Mario's Universe, Rather there be an In numeral amount of dream universe is, There are infact an Infinite amount to such an extent that it would give the cosmology a a tier 2-A or Multiverse+

chapter 4 is still stated to be endless by tippi and stated to be filled with dreams which are considered universes the paint stuff is just extra info so it doesn't matter too much imo
still say I’m unsure, I’m unsure if it would be right to assume that these Dream worlds would reach out to other Universes in the first place, but also what produces these dreams

like, I assume the Alien produces the hope and dreams right?, is the assumption that there are infinite amount of Aliens all dreaming?, I’m not exactly sure if you could say there’s infinite aliens even in a Infinite space, when life starts do infinite Aliens all come at once?, is it overtime?, is every moment infinite aliens coming out?, what’s the distance between the lifeless planets and the life-filled planets?, is all of the infinite space filled with life or is there a cut off point?, the logistics kinda starts to make me feel cross eyed

still say I’m unsure, I’m unsure if it would be right to assume that these Dream worlds would reach out to other Universes in the first place, but also what produces these dreams

like, I assume the Alien produces the hope and dreams right?, is the assumption that there are infinite amount of Aliens all dreaming?, I’m not exactly sure if you could say there’s infinite aliens even in a Infinite space, when life starts do infinite Aliens all come at once?, is it overtime?, what’s the distance between the lifeless planets and the life-filled planets?, the logistics kinda starts to make me feel cross eyed
It's not Infinite aliens, It's Infinite atoms.
Mario and Luigi Bowser's inside story reveals that Atoms are alive and Sentient. In order for there to be Infinite Space, Infinite Atoms must exist. Since atoms are sentient in Mario, you can pretty much fill in the blanks.

It's not Infinite aliens, It's Infinite atoms.
Mario and Luigi Bowser's inside story reveals that Atoms are alive and Sentient. In order for there to be Infinite Space, Infinite Atoms must exist. Since atoms are sentient in Mario, you can pretty much fill in the blanks.
I mean fair enough but then my same questions I have with paint comes in, do atoms Dream?, are atoms the same in the outer space world?, are there dreams counted in the dream worlds?

and you’d also have that Bowser’s inside Story came out 2 Years later and was done by a completely different team, Tippi’s quote about how the alien’s “thoughts” being about the Space would also seem to imply to me the Alien was talking about other Aliens, I find it unlikely that they were talking about atoms in Super Paper Mario

how does different game devs and time differences a problem and when Zeekeeper is 2-B but needs on stuff from MP5 which is from 2003 while zeekeeper is from a game from 2013

It's been stated multiple times within Mario, That everyone's dreams becomes a Dream world. It's not a select group of people. Toads, Human, etc, as long as they can sleep, they can create a dream world. Since Atoms are conscious and capable of thought in Mario, they can dream.

how does different game devs and time differences a problem and when Zeekeeper is 2-B but needs on stuff from MP5 which is from 2003 while zeekeeper is from a game from 2013
I’d just think it be unlikely that when the Super Paper Mario devs were writing the line “filled with hopes and dreams” they would have the forethought to be talking about atoms which would be confirmed to be sentient 2 years later by a completely different studio, specially since the Alien in question is pointed out by tippi to be thinking about that space

It's been stated multiple times within Mario, That everyone's dreams becomes a Dream world. It's not a select group of people. Toads, Human, etc, as long as they can sleep, they can create a dream world. Since Atoms are conscious and capable of thought in Mario, they can dream.
But how far does “everyone” extend to?, I can say something like “everyone likes chocolate”, the natural assumption would be I’m talking about Humans and human-like creatures since Coco can actually be toxic to several animals

It’s also just not as clear cut as sentience and thought = dreams, that kinda thing can’t be even confirmed in real life let alone Mario

I’d just think it be unlikely that when the Super Paper Mario devs were writing the line “filled with hopes and dreams” they would have the forethought to be talking about atoms which would be confirmed to be sentient 2 years later by a completely different studio, specially since the Alien in question is pointed out by tippi to be thinking about that space

But how far does “everyone” extend to?, I can say something like “everyone likes chocolate”, the natural assumption would be I’m talking about Humans and human-like creatures since Coco can actually be toxic to several animals

It’s also just not as clear cut as sentience and thought = dreams, that kinda thing can’t be even confirmed in real life let alone Mario
Unless you can bring evidence that there not referring to everyone, it really doesn't matter.

Also the logic behind your argument is too dependant on real world studies that Mario's universe answered. Animals can dream in Mario, Toads who are mushroom people can dream, piranha plants can sleep and Dream. So inanimate objects or creatures that don't have Sentient do have sentience in Mario's world and the ability to sleep and dream.

If you have anything else, I suggest waiting for when i make the official CRT.

Also the logic behind your argument is too dependant on real world studies that Mario's universe answered. Animals can dream in Mario, Toads who are mushroom people can dream, piranha plants can sleep and Dream. So inanimate objects or creatures that don't have Sentient do have sentience in Mario's world and the ability to sleep and dream.
Do Toads and Piranha Plants Dream though?, sure they sleep but again, is there a dream world from a Toad in Mario, is it really right to compare Toads and Plants in the first place since one is pretty clearly more animalistic then the other, is there a statement that all sleeping = dreaming in the Marioverse?, because if not the only comparison we’d have is real life itself

although reading The MarioWiki’s description which comes from that one star sprite they do mention “Created the Dreams of Toys” which would probably help more in terms of making it solid, though “Dreams of X” is a pretty common phrase about what your dreaming “do androids dream of electric sheep” for example

Do Toads and Piranha Plants Dream though?, sure they sleep but again, is there a dream world from a Toad in Mario, is it really right to compare Toads and Plants in the first place since one is pretty clearly more animalistic then the other, is there a statement that all sleeping = dreaming in the Marioverse?, because if not the only comparison we’d have is real life itself

although reading The MarioWiki’s description which comes from that one star sprite they do mention “Created the Dreams of Toys” which would probably help more in terms of making it solid, though “Dreams of X” is a pretty common phrase about what your dreaming “do androids dream of electric sheep” for example
That rebuttal doesn't really fly when you have the dream beats. The dream beats from Mario and Luigi Dream team put everyone on the island to sleep and started taking there dreams, in other words, you had blocks, toads and animals having there dreams taken. So dreams are not exclusive to a race, Creature or item. When they said everyone, they mean it.

I'm currently working on the CRT, please wait and we'll continue this discussions there.

Back