• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Jango Fett upgrade

Also Mace Windu's quote seems to be talking about Jango Fett's weaponry, and if he headshots him he'd probably die or something.

Yeah, but if Jango wasn't fast enough Mace would be able to turn and block the shot. So Jango's processing and trigger speed need to be good enough to shoot his blaster in the semi-second Mace kills Dooku and before he can return to a defensive posture.

Unless you meant the AotC novel quote, which might be more the weapon than Jango. Although Mace explicitly noted his aim is what was deadly rather than just the blaster bolts.

Bump I guess. Seems to be accepted by everyone who's commented. At least the speed ratings.

Also that Boba Fett 8-A justification is really bad. He's 8-A scaling to a 5-B character for some reason.

He doesn't scale to Vader, he scales to damaging Vader's armor, which is 8-A. Although I'm pretty sure he did that with a lightsaber and not his more usual weaponry, so...

Actually thinking about it Boba was probably correct in the second one. Vader was focusing on saving the box so its likely he couldn't augment his durability in time to tank one of Boba's stronger weapons.

If the armor has a 8-A feat I can agree with Boba's weapon scaling that high, but he shouldn't be scaling to Vader himself.

Qawsedf234 said:
If the armor has a 8-A feat I can agree with Boba's weapon scaling that high, but he shouldn't be scaling to Vader himself.
Vader's armor is scaled to these, as his armor is made of the same material.

I thought his armor was durasteel. The calc in question is about robots made by the Star Forge

It is durasteel, his profile says that's the same material as the Star Forge robots.

I have no idea, there's no scan linked for it. So perhaps a downgrade is in order.

Oh Vader's armor is 100% durasteel. My question is if the robots in the linked calc were also made of durasteel.

I think we should try to find other stuff that's made from durasteel, get their durability feats, and changing the rating of Vader's armor (as well as the Fetts) accordingly.

Durasteel varies, some types of Durasteel are High 7-C. So I'm not sure what the droids and Vader have in common in the first place.

It would fall under force amplification unless he was distracted with something else or it was a surprise attack (like with the Boba fight).

Boba Fett is 8-A because he can cut through Duraplast, which has 8-A durability. And that his armor has similar levels of durability. And I think he's able to harm the robots that have the 8-A feat.

I know Lightsabers can cut through them, but I doubt fodder blasters do jack against it. I don't know about any punches or anything however.

I don't think scaling Boba/Jango to a weapon that can casually one shot them is the best idea.

Oh it was? Oh, the droids are made of "Heavy Durasteel" actually; I supposed Legends version of Durasteel is 8-A or is there a difference between Heavy Durasteel and regular Durasteel?

In the AT-AT's cased, that's more so that it had massive amounts of Durasteel and to the point with high thickness levels of it to get said levels of durability. Not that every molecule of it is 8-A. But yeah, durability of metals is nonlinear as heck. And actually, Boba Fett and Jango can tank Lightsabers well so as long as the ones using them aren't super strong. Duraplast was actually stated to grant good lightsaber resistance on Wookiepedia.

We should probably just scale Boba and Jango's durasteel armour from their own feats just like in Legends just like Canon.

For their AP idk, does Darth Vader's armour have any feats that's not Force amplification?

Back