• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Composite Fish Revisions

Intellect= Smart enough to use tools (Tuskfish), Self Awareness (Manta Ray). Archerfish can recognize Human faces. Giant Trevally utilize complex hunting strategies.

Regenerationn=
High-Low: Zebrafish regenerate Fins and even heart.

Reaction Time - Subsonic+ Perception (Zebrafish larvae reacted within 3 milliseconds)

Combat Speed=
Subsonic+ (Anglerfish strikes within 4 to 6 milliseconds)

Climbing powers=Rock Climbing Goby

Super Slime=Hagfish

Heat Tolerance= Desert Pupfish tolerate upto 45 degree centigrade.

Infrared Vision= Zebrafish and others

360 degree vision= Glasshead Barreleye

Ultrasonic Hearing= American Shad could detect sound from 200 Hz to over 180,000 Hz.

Lifting Strength= Depends on the weight of composite fish. Several fish can move objects of their mass (at least). Goldeneye cichlids can literally move/ shake each other while fighting

Striking Strength= Depends on the weight of composite fish. Even an 100 lb asian (silver) carp is human level in potency as it can fracture a man's nose and dents his forehead by a face slam.

Durability fact (optional)= Ocean Sunfish skin is 7.3 cm thick, which is greater than that of a rhino , Hippo and Elephant

Well, it should probably be fine to add.

Hagfish, the class Myxini (also known as Hyperotreti), are eel-shaped, slime-producing marine fish (occasionally called slime eels). They are the only known living animals that have a skull but no vertebral column, although hagfish do have rudimentary vertebrae.

Cyclostomata is a group of agnathans that comprises the living jawless fishes: the lampreys and hagfishes. Both groups have round mouths that lack jaws but have retractable horny teeth. The name Cyclostomata means "round mouths"

Yes, feel free to edit the page accordingly.

I'd suggest a detailed explanation for the slime in the notable attacks and techniques section, though. The slime is apparently made of tons of mucus strands, which expand when mixed with seawater, creating a large net of them.

Slime will make it highly resistant to constriction, biting & choking attacks in case the opponent is electric proof.

Intellect Addition= Spatial Memory in Frillfin Goby. At low tide, frillfins hide in rocky tide pools. If danger lurks — a hungry octopus, say — the goby will jump to a neighboring tide pool, with remarkable accuracy, without ending up stranded on the rocks. A series of captive experiments dating from the 1940s found they memorize the tide pool layout while swimming over it at high tide. They can do it in one try, and remember it 40 days later.

Okay, but you still have to edit the page if any of this information should be incorporated.

I think a lot of this is extremely fascinating.

So for a summary of revisions you propose:

• Abilities:
    • Gender Change (Clownfish and others)
    • Natural Sunscreen
    • High-Low Regen (Zebrafish)
    • Rock Climbing Powers (Rockclimbing Goby)
    • More Enhanced Senses:
      • Ultrasonic Hearing (American Shad)
      • 360 degree vision (Glasshead Barreleye)
      • Infrared Vision (Zebrafish and others)
  • Resistances:
    • Heat Manipulation (Desert Pupfish)
    • Poison Manipulation (Atlantic Molly)
    • Constriction, Biting, and Choking attacks (Via Hagfish slime)
  • Speed:
    • Subsonic+ Reactions and Combat Speed (Zebrafish and Angler Fish respectively)
  • Intelligence:
    • Can use tools (Tuskfish)
    • Precise Spatial Memory (Frillfin Goby)
    • Facial Recognition (Archerfish)
    • Complex Hunting Strategies (Giant Trevally)
    • Self-Awareness (Manta Ray)
The other stuff you mentioned like the regular carp having 10-B striking strength and the thickness of the Ocean Sunfish's skin don't seem to be suggesting any upgrades, but I think they're still interesting facts to include to give someone an idea.

I also think we should include a tabber for a bunch of different pictures of fish that the profile includes, to allow viewers to paint a bigger picture of the concept.

I'd think so, but classification is pretty much everything here.

Manta Rays are more like whale sharks, which aren't really sharks.

The problem is that Sharks are, also, factually fishes.

We have to decide if we include them in the fishes or the sharks (Or both)

I think we should draw a line somewhere.

Yes sharks are rays are technically fish because of their classes, but there's still a pretty clear distinction between them and other fish. We already have a composite shark.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
The other stuff you mentioned like the regular carp having 10-B striking strength and the thickness of the Ocean Sunfish's skin don't seem to be suggesting any upgrades, but I think they're still interesting facts to include to give someone an idea.
if it's size is that of Leedsichthys , then those stats could be multiplied.

I recall being told that we can't use multipliers like that.

Even if we could, Wall level has one of the highest high to low end ratios on our tier list; one wall level can still be 4000x more powerful than another.

Back