• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible BlazBlue Profile Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
So recently, something about Hakumen came up in a debate thread that I think deserves proper attention. I'm not exactly the most knowledgeable person when it comes to BlazBlue, so bear with me here.

During Hakumen's first fight with Ragna, Kokonoe attempts to send Hakumen away using what both she and him refer to as an "event disruption". It fails. Hakumen nopes it pretty damn hard.

At first, the scene just looks like she's trying to teleport him somewhere else. But I did some looking when I saw this, and I'm pretty sure the term"event disruption" is meant to refer to this. According to the wiki's page, this act "erase(s) one reality and overwrite(s) it with another", and in doing so it "changes a possibility into reality". From what I gather, that basically means she attempted to overwrite the current reality with a possible one so that he was somewhere else instead of standing in front of Ragna.

On top of the obvious Reality Warping involved, this sounds to me like either Causality Manipulation or really high-end Probability Manipulation. If either is the case, then Hakumen should have resistance to one or the other on his page, since him resisting it was pretty blatantly shown. Moreover, the BlazBlue wiki page for Event Interference outright references the fact that he and Jin Kisaragi can nullify said effects with the Power of Order, so even if my analysis of the video I linked is dead wrong, they should probably have resistances to this added anyway.

Hopefully I'm not missing something. This seems like a solid thing here.

EDIT: I already realize that "Phenomenon Intervention" (which is mentioned as being the same thing as Event Interference/Disruption) is already on their profiles, but I stand by the opinion that this should count as probability or causality resistance as well.

I agree this should be added

While we are here there is a adjustment that should be made time killer should be listed as existence erase rather than reality warping. And hades izanmai should have resistance to existence erase as time killer doesn't work on her

I'm not sure why his Time Killer doesn't fall under Causality Manipulation, tbh. If he's literally destroying their past/time, then he's not even really "erasing" them; he's paradoxing them out of existence.

Also, it occured to me that Hazama has resistance to this already as well, but like everyone else, his page just classifies it as Reality Warping. If this goes through, he should have causality or probability resistance (or both) as well.

The whole concept of Event Interference/Phenomenon Intervention/etc. is actually really similar to the powers of another character named The Jonah who we have on the wiki. Just like with Event Interference, he can quite literally overwrite/switch one possibility with another parallel one of his choosing, altering whoever it's attached to as a result. His profile classifies his ability as Probability/Causality Manipulation though admittedly his current profile is absolute trash and needs to be revamped, so I feel like the same could apply here as well.

I think all of the ones this applies to are already resistant to Reality Warping on their pages, seeing as Phenomenon Intervention is linked to their profiles as being that. But yeah, Hakumen, Jin and Hazama would gain resistance to Probability/Causality Manip, and Izanami would have those abilities added to her profile.

Gonna change the title of this so that it encompasses more than two characters. Hang on.

EDIT: Done did it.

Shouldn't The Black Beast and Tsubaki also get this? Izayoi was created specificly to countr observers with this ability and Black Beast was created in the Prime Field war in order to counter Ameteratsu. It was even stated that the Black Beast was created with the power to oppose Ameteratsu who also does the same thing.

Also, not related to Phenomenon intervention but feel like needed to bring up. In the wiki it stated that healing magic cannot heal wounds caused from things that exists outside logic with the exception of wounds caused by magic. It has even been shown to be the case in the Phase Shift novel where when Celica attempts to heal mitsuyoshi's injury from fighting a fragment she is unable to do so and healing magic came naturaly to her eversince she was a kid.

Basically, characters who uses seithr in their attacks such as Drive, ars armsmagus, Nox Nyctores and beings that physicly exist outside logic due to being created from sorcery (which was clasdified to being a diffrent thing in BB since instead of using mana like magic, it uses seithr) can inflict injuries that cannot be healed through magic.

Hmmm... I suppose it makes sense enough, yeah. Would non-weakened Ragna also get Acausality, being fused with The Black Beast and all? That's the source of his powers?

I couldn't tell you myself, since I'm not all the way familiar with BlazBlue save for a few odd details here and there. But if there's evidence of that much allowing him to neg Phenomenon Intervention/Event Interference/etc., then yeah, this would apply to him too.

Yah, and end game Ragna should be granted casuality manipulation too right? Speaking of which, what about the whole Drive injuries cannot be healed by magic part? Anyone has an opinion about that?

Oh I just remembered but it was stated if Rachel summoned Tsukuyomi at full power it can block out Ameteratsu's phenomenon intervention. Should that be added too? I'd try to find where it ws stated but right now my internet is so weak it's hard to watch a 5 minute video.

Ragna would have all the powers of the master unit as he can create timelines and reset them if he choose but he doesn't want too

Shouldn't the master unit be 2-c as she has shown capable of affecting more than one timeline

So ragna's low 2-c form should be a normal 2-c and he would have abilities such as reality warping,fate manipulation,probability manipulation,causality manipulation,existence erase (erased his existence from his timeline) memory manipulation (erased the memories of the entire blazeblue cast of his existence)

So keeping track Ragna will have acausality

Charaters who have resistance to causality/probability manipulation are

Ragna

Jin

Hakumen

Hazama

Izanami

Who else?

Rachel and Valkenhyne could resist Phenomenon intervention to some extent as Rachel was suprised to see the Phenomenon Intervention was starting to effect Valkenhyne in CP when Ameteratsu got closer. She herself has a stronger resistance due to her role as an observer and she was stated to have the Ability to block out Ameteratsu's power with Tsukuyomi.

Should Makoto be here too? I read somewhere that she also managed to manifest the power of order. Not sure where though...

Terumi/sussano would have definitely have resistance causality/probability manipulation

I think sussano would have acausality with Noel absorbed as will always exist

Bump.

Hoping another admin can come look at this thing, especially seeing as it looks like it'll affect multiple character profiles. There any admins/content mods/etc. who're knowledgeable on the BlazBlue?

So keeping track

Ragna's True azure form will get changed to straight up 2-c as he is more powerful then the master unit who has shown she is capable of affecting multiple timelines.in addition he would have fate, probability, causality manipulation existence erase and memory manipulation as like the master unit he can make changes in the timelines but chooses not too and he erased his existence and the memory of his existence in his timeline

Character who have resistance probability/causality manipulation are

Ragna

Jin

Hakumen

Rachel

Hazama

Terumi

Izanami

Does the Master Unit ever affect multiple entire timelines simultaneously? Being stronger than a Low 2-C doesn't make you a 2-C by default.

And yeah, all of those characters would have some degree or another of Acausality, I suppose.

I can't remember if she did it simultaneously from what I can remember she can restart and change any timeline she wishes with the timeline ragna created at the end of cf being the only exception

So do we need more input for the changes

Well, if there's insufficient evidence pointing towards the Master Unit being able to mess with multiple timelines at once, then the upgrade to 2-C won't happen. The Acausality should be fine, unless someone brings up an objection later that turns out to be valid, in which case it wouldn't be hard to go back and undo.

While not relevant to this specific addition, I would ask that we clarify that Susano'o should be capable of erasing somebody's time, just like Hakumen can. It's only noted in the way of "Can cut through time through the Susano'o Unit" and that makes it unclear. This has come up a few times in debates before, with people stating that it isn't on his profile page.

Between the fact that Hakumen's blade doesn't have the ability to cut through time on its own, only the ability to phase and shut down magic among other things, the power of order not being explicitly used once in a similar offensive manner, I think it'd be logical that Susano'o should be capable of using the same attack.

So has the probability/causality resistance been accepted already, or do we need more people to approve of it first?

Can we remove 'Darkness manipulation' for Ragna and the Black Beast? What they are manipulating isn't darkness but seithr. Seithr is usually invinsible but in large quataties it will look like a mass of darkness but seithr and darkness have been comfirmed to be two seperate things.

Even the healing magic (µ▓╗þÖÆÚ¡öµ│ò, chiyu mahō) very painfully heals these wounds. The healing magic can be used only by people that are able to control the flow of life, and it cannot heal wounds dealt by something outside of reason, with exepction of magic. -Blazblue wiki.

Basically its stating that wounds that exist outside logic cannot be healed through healing magic with the exeption of wounds dealt by magic. In other words since Drive, sorcery and the Black Beast use seithr instead of mana then wouldn't this mean almost the whole cast can hit enemies with wounds that cannot be healed through magic? I figure something like this should be checked and added to their page.

Very possibly, though I'm less certain this would extend to a very large majority of the cast... one thing I noticed doing research on this is that "beings that exist outside of the Logic" and "beings slated to get the Acausality upgrade" seem to line up well. Perhaps a coincidence... perhaps not?

I'm fairly certain that wielding seithr and existing outside of logic are two seperate things. Maybe I'm wrong, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back