• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible AFO Ability Addition

bnha_419_d_007.png

In chapter 419 it was revealed he modified a copy of Overhaul to turn it into Decay. AFO could have possible Power Modification for this

Agree: Damage3245 (Garaki only)

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
Doesn't he already have Power Modification for being able to merge Quirks? Sounds fair.
It's listed as Power Bestowal, Power Absorption, Biological Manipulation and Fusionism because he can steal quirks, transfer them to others, and combined numerous quirks with Shirakumo's "Cloud" quirk and turned it into the "base" for Warp Gate. AFO's ability list doesn't actually have modification

All For One didn't necessarily modify the Quirk itself while he was holding it; it could've been modified in Dr. Garaki's lab. We know Dr. Garaki has technology to duplicate Quirks, and to store them, so modifying them doesn't seem too farfetched.
I didn't even know Garaki had a profile on this wiki. Well I guess if AFO can't get possible Power Modification at least Dr. Garaki could have possible Power Modification

I don't think he does. However, we COULD make one.

Baller

All For One didn't necessarily modify the Quirk itself while he was holding it; it could've been modified in Dr. Garaki's lab. We know Dr. Garaki has technology to duplicate Quirks, and to store them, so modifying them doesn't seem too farfetched.
Judging by the wording, I'm not keen on buying into this hypothetical tbh

What do we think about a possibly rating?

What do we think about a possibly rating?

I'm not sure. When AFO stole New Order he stated he couldn't just destroy Quirks that he possessed and that he could only take them or give them away. I can't think of a single other instance where AFO is implied to have modified a power he has stolen.

I'm not sure. When AFO stole New Order he stated he couldn't just destroy Quirks that he possessed and that he could only take them or give them away. I can't think of a single other instance where AFO is implied to have modified a power he has stolen.
Well AFO definitely can't make duplicates of quirks by himself so I think the possible power modification could go to Dr. Garaki since he's the one who makes duplicates and AFO says he selected a quirk from Garaki's own facility

I mean, given it’s a “we” I think you can just put “possibly” for both since the mechanics aren’t stated so it could either be AFO’s Quirk or Garaki’s Science.

Just Garaki is probably the best since AFO most likely would've modified quirks he stole mid-fight (like New Order) right?

Just Garaki is probably the best since AFO most likely would've modified quirks he stole mid-fight (like New Order) right?
Mm. That doesn’t work because New Order is law manipulation. It was a law put into place that damaged AFO so long as New Order existed alongside other Quirks. It’s not something AFO could do anything against so long as it was in his system.

Mm. That doesn’t work because New Order is law manipulation. It was a law put into place that damaged AFO so long as New Order existed alongside other Quirks. It’s not something AFO could do anything against so long as it was in his system.
If he knew he could modify powers wouldn't he have at least tried to modify new order so that it wouldn't rebel against other quirks?

If he knew he could modify powers wouldn't he have at least tried to modify new order so that it wouldn't rebel against other quirks?
That’s not the same thing, though. New Order wasn’t destroying Quirks because it as a power was altered to do that. It did it because SnS made a rule on its existence.

To be more direct, it’s the difference between choosing to fall via flight and gravity forcing you to fall while you stand still. New Order as a Quirk isn’t different. The rules on its “reality” are, passively.

Back