• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are High 7-A

Speed is Equalized

Base Akuma is used

Lucario:

448Lucario.png

Akuma:

png-transparent-street-fighter-iv-street-fighter-v-akuma-gouken-ryu-fighter-miscellaneous-video-game-fictional-character-thumbnail.png

Inconclusive:

Well, this is tricky, as both have clear advantages.

First of all, AP. Lucario scales to 2.9 gigatons, while Akuma greatly upscales from 1.2 for being much stronger than a Ryu stronger than his past self who could perform the feat. They could be about even.

Lucario has a huge versatility advantage, with mind reading and precognition as the most useful, then several elemental attacks, statuses, with the latter being better than Akuma's.
Ki sensing is kinda countered by the fact that both can do it, although Lucario's seems more accurate.

Lucario's stats manipulation is possibly the most dangerous power overall, as Akuma can only counter debuffs by transforming into Shin Akuma or using EX moves and V-Techniques., and Lucario can boost its own.

Skill wise it's weird, as Lucario can vary greatly. Both have trained for their whole life, but we don't really know what a fully evolved Lucario went through, and especially what opponents has fought, if more humanoid-like Mons or not. Though, they are both unexperienced when it comes to each other's fighting style, but they might adapt.
What they are both used to is fighting users of energy blasts, on that they should be even (Many Pokémon use energy attacks, even non-fighting ones).

LS-wise Lucario has a big advantage, but neither of them is much of a grappler, Akuma also uses more throws in that regard.

With range, Lucario has the advantage in distance (although that is getting revised) but Akuma has it in close combat. Lucario is 1.20m, Akuma almost 1.80, and kicks are something he uses very much.

Both have useful tools for close combat, Lucario can't flinch, can return the damage with Counter, copy of of Akuma' attacks (copycat), use Me First if it has the speed advantage, use Feint and Detect and else.
Akuma can powernull some strikes with Rakan, null projectiles with Kiai and crumple Lucario with Focus Attacks and avoid attacks with his intangibility (Ashura Senku)

Akuma has an advantage in exploiting weaknesses in this match. Lucario is naturally weak to fighting-type moves, and Akuma is all about fighting.
Lucario's weakness to fire is also another problem, Akuma's Sekia Gosoha is a fire projectile and his Sekia Kuretsuha is an AoE fire explosion. Those would be problematic for Lucario.

What turns the ties in the end is the Shun Goku Satsu, which is basically a oneshot if it connects.

Overall, I think Akuma has more chances with the SGS, his attacks that exploit weaknesses and some way to counter stats manip.
Still, Lucario has chances to take it with his huge versatily and mind reading, but not most of the times imho.

I honestly think Lucario's Precog and Stat Boosts are too much for Akuma to deal with quickly, especially if Lucario starts stacking Extreme Speed on top of his Boosts to get even faster to the point of outspeeding every other Priority Move except for quick guard.

I honestly think Lucario's Precog and Stat Boosts are too much for Akuma to deal with quickly, especially if Lucario starts stacking Extreme Speed on top of his Boosts to get even faster to the point of outspeeding every other Priority Move except for quick guard.
Those are good points, but seeing how Lucario gets defeated in multiple media, I don't think its precogn would be impossible to overcome, for how useful it surely is.
Also, the more the fight goes on and Lucario gets stronger and faster, the more Akuma is likely to use his own boosts and the Raging Demon.

I have corrected a detail in the match description of the profiles, because Akuma can't be restricted to his base, as Shin Akuma is contained within the same key and doesn't grant him a higher tier; for this reason, it can't be restricted, according to vs matches rules.

I have corrected a detail in the match description of the profiles, because Akuma can't be restricted to his base, as Shin Akuma is contained within the same key and doesn't grant him a higher tier; for this reason, it can't be restricted, according to vs matches rules.
Can this be added?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back