• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon range

Where do majority of the Pokémons’ ranges come from? Majority of them either have hundreds of meters or hundreds of kilometers and I can’t find a single explanation for any of those ranges. The profiles don’t even go into which move has which range, they just say most moves. And while the individual moves ranges not being on profiles is perfectly understandable, there should still be a blog or something explaining the ranges (you don’t need to be super specific, like if most statistic reduction moves have the same range then just say those moves have x range and then say any individual exceptions range).

If there is already a blog like that sorry for not knowing about it, but the ranges of most Pokémon (sometimes including the legendaries since it seems some of their attacks are scaling to their weather manipulation for some reason) have confused me for a very long time.

The closest I could really find for the Hundreds of meters scan is this where it is natural for all AoE moves to affect the entire room. Since one block can fit a Wailord (14.5 meters) and the room is 27 blocks in length from top to bottom, the range of it would be 391.5 meters

Also, I remember when I asked about the ranges back in 2019 and Cal said that it was based on Pikachu’s lightning reaching the clouds

“Cal said that it was based on Pikachu’s lightning reaching the clouds”

Just asking in general: Why would that scale to anyone that doesn’t use lightning moves that Pikachu uses.

If the block stuff is true then hundreds of meters would be fine for all the Pokémon moves that qualify as AoE in that game.

tbh i feel like we might need to do range for almost each pokemon individually as there are different feats eyyach time.
Many attacks are made of light and stuff so they travel indefinitly. Different moves like earthquake can have dozens-hundreds of kilometers of effect (piloswine destroying a city with it) same goes for magnitude. Hyper beam from rayquaza reached many kilometers to hit a meteor. Weather manip has dozens of kilometers of effect. this goes on and thus i believe we need a general revision with scans.

Back