• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

PLOT MANIPULATION

TWILIGHT-OP

He/Him
So just a normal question to ask

So if a character is able to change his own animation style from 2D to 3D , can it be also counted as plot manipulation, i mean animation is also a plot in itself ?

Ah dimensional manipulation, wouldn't it also be reality warping if the character changed the space, characters and objects around them from 2D to 3D?
So like Dimensional Manipulation and Reality Warping

Ah dimensional manipulation, wouldn't it also be reality warping if the character changed the space, characters and objects around them from 2D to 3D?
So like Dimensional Manipulation and Reality Warping
No.

It literally says that changing dimensionality to a higher or lower dimension is dimensional manipulation.

If manipulating the dimensions of something was simply Reality Warping, there wouldn't even be a dimensional manipulation page, as it wouldn't be needed.

You can interpret it as Reality Warping, but the wiki treats it as different things.

Like, for example, turning someone to stone. The wiki only treats it as "petrification", not "transmutation and petrification"

No.

It literally says that changing dimensionality to a higher or lower dimension is dimensional manipulation.

If manipulating the dimensions of something was simply Reality Warping, there wouldn't even be a dimensional manipulation page, as it wouldn't be needed.

You can interpret it as Reality Warping, but the wiki treats it as different things.

Like, for example, turning someone to stone. The wiki only treats it as "petrification", not "transmutation and petrification"
Makes sense.

Sounds like data manipulation or information manipulation/Reality Warping to me.

nimation in itself is a plot.

This is ENOUGH to get plot manip ig
for something to qualify as plot manipulation it needs a metafictional context.

If I were to guess from what I saw in the video, there is the human world and they are in some kind of cybernetic world like SAO or digimom. And this is not metafictional.

Animation itself is not a plot, otherwise literally any guy who manipulates reality or does 2D to 3D stuff in animation would have plot manipulation.

For example, there's a verse where canonically some characters change the character's design style, but since it doesn't have a metafictional context, it's just in Reality Warping.

Not even Looney Toones treats 2D cartoons turning 3D as plot manipulation, rather dimensional.

Also, if you're so sure this is plot manipulation then why the question exactly?

The character changing the animation style and giving more and less detail, becoming 3D even is too advanced for just data manipulation I feel. It works on the space and characters around him too so it's definitely not just a 4th wall break

It's just that the way it was done and the quote from "Human world" made it seem to me that they were in a cyber world, so it seemed like that to me.
What they're in is a space station above earth hence why they mentioned human world as it was being invaded at the moment they were there.

The character with him even mentions that their entire physique has changed becoming higher graphic. He's also able to remove the frame limit and so on

So it seems to me type 2 information manipulation
These characters can manipulate information, which serves as fundamental building block of reality. This can allow characters to rewrite the world to their whims, often by programming it much like they would a virtual reality
But this could plot hax if it had a metafictional context.

One that I remember is in Looney Tunes where the characters are drawings/fiction in an animation tool, and the animator uses the animation tool's features as if it were Photoshop.

It would be good to ask others.

Reality Warping and probably Texting Manip. Things like changing the character's drawing from 2D to 3D, changing the voice actors, changing the drawing, etc., are not considered as Plot Manipulation. It is Reality Warping only. The same thing is available in Alien X.

Reality Manip and Dimensional Manip seem to be more fitting IMHO. Doesn't Alien X have this exact same feat? He didn't change the events of Ben 10 as a whole.

U need to prove that animation is a plot
I mean it's logical that animation can be considered as a plot, while he changed his animation style from 2D to 3D , he isn't changed his own dimensionality rather affecting the animation style

So what do u think 🤔

I mean it's logical that animation can be considered as a plot,
Animation itself is not a plot, it's just how we see reality and how it is presented to us.

Ben 10's celestiansapies change the animation style of the verse all the time and even so they didn't win plot hax.

animation style from 2D to 3D
They were already 3D before, it was just in lower quality.

he isn't changed his own dimensionality rather
Yes, it's more of a change in the look of reality. So Reality Warping, although I think the way the guy did it could be information manipulation (type 2)

Can I direct you all to where it being proposed to scale a character? Or is it against the rules to yk, send links of other threads of unrelated topic in another.

They were already 3D before, it was just in lower quality.
No they weren't 3D all along, animation was done in 2D, for them their world is 3D inside anime but for us the viewers it was 2D , but then he changed his anime style from 2D to 3D. So it isn't like they were shown 3D from beginning.

No they weren't 3D all along, animation was done in 2D, for them their world is 3D inside anime but for us the viewers it was 2D , but then he changed his anime style from 2D to 3D. So it isn't like they were shown 3D from beginning.
Captura-de-tela-2023-09-03-030200.png

This is literally 3D.

Back