• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skalt711

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
Nemo212 told that Homelander, Queen Maeve, Captain America (Sam Wilson) and Patriot (Marvel Cinematic Universe) have potentially plagiarized content in their summaries.

Other users reported that other pages may have been plagiarized as well:
The real cal howard: "Speaking of plagiarism, in 90% sure our Kirby summary for the character is plagiarized from the Kirby wiki."
Zark2099: "Regarding plagiarism, I'm pretty sure 90% of our Marvel Cinematic Universe pages have summaries ripped straight from the MCU wiki"

I would appreciate the community help to replace all the content that have been plagiarized, with the original description instead.

I also mentioned in that thread that the Lady Maria page is partially plagiarised from her page on the Bloodborne wiki. Certain statements such as "Gehrman held a curious mania about her, even after she disappeared. The Doll was based on her, down to her facial features, yet sadly lacked her personality, leaving him bitter." were completely, 100% just plagiarised. It also deserves to be edited.

WeeklyBattles said:
@DarkGrath that's her official description from the game
My apologies, I didn't realise. It's been a little while since I last played Bloodborne. Skalt mentioned that official descriptions would still fall under plagiarism, but I'd say that's a debatable topic rather than a definitive one.

iirc we agreed some time ago that official descriptions are fair to use as long s the verse page gives links to credit the original creators

The Xeelee summary is plagiarized

How's this

"The Xeeleee are a collection of organic beings merged with space-time anomalies who rule over most of the xeelee sequence multiverse. They rarely interfere directly with lesser beings like humans, but when they do, it is usually in a benevolent manner to prevent baryonic life forms from going extinct."

Yeah... i didn't know at the time, but on my thing to publish some profiles i ended up plagiarizing TF wiki.net on the profiles that i maked for the Bayformers. Which is most of them, i can't speak for the ones that i did not make To be fair, their summaries would be blank if i had not took it from there.

And to add at that, i have plagiarized Bulbapedia in the making of new and "fixing" old ones in their summary...

I am sorry for having committed those things, but there is no way of having the summary of some of them staying? Pokémon wouldn't be hurt by that, but as i stated, the Bayformers ones would be blank

Should I move this to the Wiki Management forum?

This would seem to be best for the wiki management forum, but it's not my decision on that point.

The annoying part about the MCU summaries is that they're overly long and spoiler ridden while being absolutely ripped off from the wiki, so they should be booted anyhow, or at the very least have a transformative enough rewrite

A lot of the Assassin's Creed character profiles use summaries from the Assassin's Creed wiki, though some are edited to cover more info. Any more and it would become too long and convoluted. The official summaries simply don't exist anywhere.

M1 Abrams is completely plagiarized from Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Abrams). This actually extends to a lot of the Real World weapons. I'll edit my post as necessary.

EDIT I: Accuracy International Arctic Warfare: plagiarized from here. Proof.

EDIT II: AK-12: sloppily plagiarized from here. Grammar mistakes abound in an attempt to remove the mention of the AK-15 from the summary. Proof.

EDIT III: Likewise, AK-15 is also sloppily plagiarized from here. Proof.

EDIT IV: AK-308 is plagiarized from the same article as the last two. I'm aware this isn't the Rule Violations thread, but it's been the same user inserting plagiarized descriptions in this case and the three above. Proof.

EDIT V: AK-47 plagiarized from here. Dug through the revision history. Same guy.

EDIT VI: Breaking the theme of guns that are probably illegal in California, but Peter Pan (Hook) is plagiarized from Neverpedia . Here's the perp, here's the proof. Inactive user though. Also attached proof for all of the previous edits.

EDIT VII: AK-74 plagiarized from here. Perp. Proof.

EDIT VIII: AKM plagiarized from here. Perp. Proof.

EDIT XI: AMT AutoMag II plagiarized from here and here. Perp. Proof.

EDIT X: My baby, my precious, precious baby, is plagiarized from here. Perp. Proof.

The M1 Abrams plagiarism was brought up a while back, but I don't think anyone got around to fixing it. There's also some flaws with some of the statistics ratings. Total destruction isn't durability, and some of the stats are poorly formatted.

For simplicity's sake, it should be enough to reword the texts, along with shortening them down if they are too long.

I edited the M1 Abrams summary to something more simplistic and general. @Nemo, you're welcome to help out in rewriting summaries. They just need to be a paragraph long and as long as the summary is paraphrased with details easy to understand, it should be fine. I will need to sleep soon, so I thought I'd fix one to give an example. Like this.

Back