• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Piccolo vs. Tornado of Terror

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you work on the OPM wiki or at least have some bearing there so is it Willpower or just pure raw power that does it?

If the latter I will make a revision thread and say that it is pure power and Saitama and Garou using your arguments mind you which if goes through will make Garou and Saitama weaker in the long run.

Also I can give you feats from just Goku's fight with him,

How?

Because DB are the defination of willpower and it's not very hard to do so.

This isn't Piccolo having hax resistence it's just a weakness in her power and thanks to verse equlization can apply to Piccolo's willpower

look at chara, hes a child yet has immessurable determination.

The chapter where it happened is here, tatsumaki was trying to do a one hit ko on saitama but it didn't work , it only made his muscles vibrate because saitama was above her level, strength of will is direct connected to psychic resistance and it doesn't work because saitama has unusually thick will, this is what fubuki says. I think what she was trying to say is basically if someone is more powerful than you than they have resistance to your psychic abilities it has nothing to do with having strong will, well it does but here i think its assumed that being strong you naturally can resist psychic abilities, before saitama and golden sperm tatsumaki had never met anyone above her level so she didn't know of this, so you have to be above her level for it not to work on you in terms of dc is what i think. Also another thing to note is that this only affects her one hit kill abilities, those are the ones that don't work, her normal telekenisis still works as she was still able to push saitama around with it.

^ The whole argument is stupid as the only power even remotely possibly effected by 'strength of will' would be the one hit ko move that TT through out exactly one at saitama and it didn't work on him. Her normal fighting style is otherwise not effected at all. Saitama is massively above her level and was still able to be flung around like a rag doll - it just couldn't hurt him and he had the power to break through her shields at any time he felt like when he put his hands on her because of his superior ap.

Piccolo, Tatsumaki though DOES have somewhat higher DC, Piccolo is actually more versatile, has the willpower to break out of Tatsumaki's TK and he has Telekinesis, AND telepathy as well.

^Just red the chapter and Fubuki said strengh of will is connected to how much you resist it and even ragdolling was difficult and Regen will make even ragdolling difficult to kill if not immpossible

I really don't get why people bother finding logical reasoning behind the strenght of a joke character such as saitama makes no sense...

Having the willpower to break out her TK has already been adressed above, it can only be done by those above her level which piccolo isn't and it only affects her instant ko moves she can still use her normal TK which is above what piccolo can handle, and lets not get into a nonsensical arguement which will eventually devolve into a question of whether piccolo has more willpower than saitama and golden sperm as that will literally be a waste of time and go nowhere.

Master Xar said:
^ please tell me you're not ACTUALLY serious are you?
I'm not joke characters are joke characters inconsistent and illogical as they are supposed to be..

Also if willpower is dependent then saitama shouldn't even be mentioned since he has none and literally does his job as hero for fun..

That applies to ACTUAL gag characters like Bugs Bunny or Arale, even then it's still a no limits fallacy, if you've been on this wiki you'd know that meta abilities, 4th wall attacks, and gags are NLF, inconsistencies are treated as such regardless of parody or joke or being a regular action character, this is VS debating and you're going to have to accept it, or join the fanboys on YouTube and Reddit, that "Saitama is a joke character" or "his name is OPM"

Here we go again with the butthurt rage regarding saitama that's why I mainly steer clear of all his threads he really can get ppl in their feelings lol

And yes he is a gag character a gag character doesn't need to break the fourth wall to be so like Patrick star..

But I'll leave it at that

Saitama isn't really that inconsistent. He doesn't do shit like break the fourth wall, defeat his author or go from building to stellar between episodes. He has one shot characters that are all around City Level and then gave a small snipit of effort against 2 planet levels. That is fairly consistent.

Featwise he is far from gag character status and really saying his joke is beating anyone ever in one punch is more to interpretaion. It can just as easily be said he is simply meant to be someone too OP for his own verse and that doesn't slide over to all fiction.

^Not really boros made a comment about his strenght who should also be equal to garous before passing out so no consistency in those regards

I agree with Ryukama but guys we need to stay on topic here this is piccolo vs tatsumaki not a thread to discuss the nature of saitama's character if you guys want to do that then a thread for that should probably be created as to not derail this one.

@Akuto Everyone Saitama has ever beaten were all in the same level of strength, except for 2 guys who were equal to each other. Saitama has no inconsistencies like Patrick Star or Popeye. Like Popeye struggling with Wall Level stuff then casually destroying constellations. Patrick running to the sun and then getting caught off guard by a car. He is actually a fairly consistent character.

The only argument to support Saitama being on the status of these guys is a personal interpretation of author intent rather how he actually wrote the character's showings. But like Pegasus said let's stay back on topic.

Strength of will has nothing to do with tatsumakis normal methods of fighting via TK, it only is relevant MAYBE to a one off 'instant ko move' that she only tried one time on screen and it didn't even work then, so stop bringing it up. The whole point of that exchange was that if tatsumaki is more powerful than her target then she can forcibly take control of their chi from inside of them and shake it up. That's it.

It doesn't matter how much will piccolo has or doesn't have, it's irrelevant. Literally everything she normally fights with has nothing to do with willpower.

Constantly repeating 'willpower willpower' won't change that. Drop the willpower thing and move on.

A Sword Dancer said:
It doesn't matter how much will piccolo has or doesn't have, it's irrelevant. Literally everything she normally fights with has nothing to do with willpower.
Yes,Golden Sperm,Saitama and Garou her 3 major and biggest fights of the series are "No biggy " and should be ignored and so should her sisters explainations of their powers.

Also ONE OFF is not correct becuse she could do nothing to Saitama

Also if it was irrelivent why does it mention it on there profiles.

But yeah her normal fights against city level oppoents like Genos the Guy who gets destroyed every ark.

If you truly belive what your saying I will go and make revision thread about it using your explaination and if people think.

Also I saw something about Chi in the Manga so I'm gonna go read more . . .

RadicalMrR said:
A Sword Dancer said:
Yes,Golden Sperm,Saitama and Garou her 3 major and biggest fights of the series are "No biggy " and should be ignored and so should her sisters explainations of their powers.
Also ONE OFF is not correct becuse she could do nothing to Saitama

Also if it was irrelivent why does it mention it on there profiles.

But yeah her normal fights against city level oppoents like Genos the Guy who gets destroyed every ark.

If you truly belive what your saying I will go and make revision thread about it using your explaination and if people think.

Also I saw something about Chi in the Manga so I'm gonna go read more . . .
Go ahead. Her powers worked on all three of those opponants the way they normally do, she just couldn't manipulate thier internal energy enough to one shot them with that specific technique.

About her profile, it even lists this one technique/fighting style:

• Chi/Aura Manipulation - Using her physic powers, Tornado is able to manipulate the chi/aura of a person and force it to move and bend to her will, causing severe damage to her opponent. However, people with strong wills can resist this (Saitama, Garou, Ōgon Seishi).
It makes special mention of the will part for this one technique becuase by default it's irrelevant. It's listed under her weaknesses a second time for some reason which gives the wrong impression considering no other use of tk she's ever shown on screen has been impacted by will. Even her sister who is far weaker is able to smack saitama around and then be shocked when the dust clears that he's unnaffected by the damage.

^Every other oppoent didn't have a will as large as theirs, Spartan confirmed this when he said Saitama has a huge will even by the series stantard.

If she can't turn Piccolo to past then she can't kill him, my point was never to say "It has no effect on him" but to say he can at least resist it to a degree where her attacks can't match his regen.

At this point were going around in circles let's just agree to disagree

I'm not very certain as of right now. Sorry.

Just a side question, why is there a 22nd world martial arts piccolo? He never showed up until the very end of dragon ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back