• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
As the title says this a thread for revisions on Phoenix Avatars. I will post feats and statements about each avatar.

Jean Grey

Green Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

White Phoenix of the Crow

Cyclops

Phoenix Five Cyclops

Dark Phoenix

White Phoenix

Hope Summers

White Phoenix

Rachel

Phoenix

Blue Phoenix

Fero

Phoenix Avatar
Multiverse feat

Emma Frost

Phoenix Five

Thane

Magik

Phoenix Five

Namor
The weakest of the Phoenix Five. He only had 20% of PF.

That's all for now... I will try to search for more in the next days...

PrinceOfTheMorning said:
This thread is pretty fantastically sourced, good job. I don't have time to read all of it right now, but I'll come back tonight.
Thank you! Ok.

Im neutral on them for now... Though I agree they should be higher than 4-B. Main Question... Since the Malloy incident was temporarily canon to the whole Phoenix Five scenario... Where in your guys opinions would you tier him at ?

The Phoenix avatars are currently rated as "At least 4-A, likely higher", as far as I am aware.

I believe Blue Rachel is currently rated as unknown, but I guess she should be changed to 4-B via Gladiator scaling?

Regarding Dark Phoenix though, in the last thread I was originally going for 3-A possibly 2-C but the evidence wasn't enough, and I don't know if there's enough to change that in this thread. Although DF Cyclops nearly ascending to the WHR combined with the Tony statement might be enough? What do you think Ant?

4-B via scaling to Gladiator might be fine.

I am not sure. Tony did not offer any proof and might have used a figure of speech.

Anyway, Dormammu being bested by regular Illyana is a Brian Bendis story. He doesn't care in the slightest about if his stories make any sense from a power-scaling perspective. In addition, the Phoenix Five were supposed to be powerless in comparison to Cyttorak.

Rachel was also empowered by the Pre-Retcon Beyonder in one of the scans. It cannot be used.

Placing a lighthouse on a massive number of parallel Earths across the multiverse is also not really quantifiable.

Antvasima said:
Anyway, Dormammu being bested by regular Illyana is a Brian Bendis story. He doesn't care in the slightest about if his stories make any sense from a power-scaling perspective. In addition, the Phoenix Five were supposed to be powerless in comparison to Cyttorak.

Rachel was also empowered by the Pre-Retcon Beyonder in one of the scans. It cannot be used.
  • We talk about Phoenix Five Magik. That's the one he feared.
  • Ant a Hell Lord is Master at his Domain (comfirmed by Magik herself and Cyttorak). This means that Magik can overpower others like Dormammu in Limbo because its her domain were she reigns supreme. The same goes for Cyttorak. He is Master at his Domain. That's why he overpowered Colossus in his Domain. To me even by their showings against Scarlet Witch the PF could be low 2C/ at least that at max. Its also consistent with Cyttorak's rating.
  • In that Scan it was said that Rachel was going to face Beyonder with Power of M'Kraan Crystal which is High 1B.
  • Tony doesn't need any proof... He knows about Phoenix and Jean back from Avengers vs X-Me and other storylines. And he has encountered other strange being in the past.
PrinceOfTheMorning said:
I believe Blue Rachel is currently rated as unknown, but I guess she should be changed to 4-B via Gladiator scaling?

Regarding Dark Phoenix though, in the last thread I was originally going for 3-A possibly 2-C but the evidence wasn't enough, and I don't know if there's enough to change that in this thread. Although DF Cyclops nearly ascending to the WHR combined with the Tony statement might be enough? What do you think Ant?
  • Agreed for Blue Rachel.
  • There are plenty of scans now
    • 50% PF Cyclops can go against Scarlet Witch without problems.
    • Dark Phoenix Cyclops ascends to the White Hot Room.
    • Can Battle Scarlet Witch (At least Low 2C Character) + Hope who replicates her powers and has connection to the Force itself.
    • Jean doesn't deny to Logan that she can not create her own Universe with the Force.
    • According to Phoenix Guidebook and Marvel sites Jean as Phoenix can manipulate atomic structures oin Universal scale. That's at least 3A.
Antvasima said:
Placing a lighthouse on a massive number of parallel Earths across the multiverse is also not really quantifiable.
Hmm... Why not? Is not imressive? It could scale to WPOTC.

Brian Bendis had Cyclops damage Dormammu in the same story. It simply did not make any sense.

Dormammu is more powerful in his home realm, Mephisto in his, and Cyttorak in his, but that does not mean that they have never been properly challenged there.

The Beyonder stated that destroying the universe would not remotely destroy him in conjunction. In either case, it was not Rachel's own power.

Tony does not know the exact limits of the power of a Phoenix avatar. It would look very unreliable to our visitors if we used his statement as a basis for a 3-A or Low 2-C rating.

Did the Scarlet Witch really have House of M level power during the event? She has been depowered tremendously since then.

If the handbooks stated that she has universal power or Jean stated it, did they refer to WPotC or regular Phoenix?

Placing a lighthouse on a massive number of Earths is still not possible to quantify properly with our system, no. Sorry. And even if there was an infinite number of them, that would still only be a High 3-A feat.

Antvasima said:
Brian Bendis had Cyclops damage Dormammu in the same story. It simply did not make any sense.

Dormammu is more powerful in his home realm, Mephisto in his, and Cyttorak in his, but that does not mean that they have never been properly challenged there.

The Beyonder stated that destroying the universe would not remotely destroy him in conjunction. In either case, it was not Rachel's own power.

Tony does not know the exact limits of the power of a Phoenix avatar. It would look very unreliable to our visitors if we used his statement as a basis for a 3-A or Low 2-C rating.

Did the Scarlet Witch really have House of M level power during the event? She has been depowered tremendously since then.

If the handbooks stated that she has universal power or Jean stated it, did they refer to WPotC or regular Phoenix?
  • It was in Limbo though... Magik's realm... And it can be considered PIS...
  • Tony of course doesn't know the limits for sure buti ts one statement that it could be used with other things.
  • Scarlet Witch in the whole event was acting to have House of M power levels. They used to talk about her Chaos Magic as a Cosmic power a lot.
  • Handbooks, Marvel Sites have Jean as regular Phoenix to have Universal Matter Manipulation. Also, in comics is hinted Jean could create her own Universe...

Okay. Then we have a few things to build on:

Possibly scaling from the Scarlet Witch, but this is uncertain.

The handbooks stating it.

Cyclops starting to ascend to the White Hot Room. Although if he was intercepted before he reached that WPotC level state it is also uncertain.

Unspecified comics that hint that Jean could create her own universe.

However, again, we don't deny that the WPotC has such power levels. It just seems undemonstrated at regular Phoenix Force host power levels, without ascending.

Back